Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:54 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Discussion
Diablo/Sky-Shark and New Phantom Updates

In response to numerous requests, I am here to post the latest updates regarding the soon to be released Diablo and Sky-Shark 450 in addition to the new Phantom 450(XL) released today. Rather than reopen the old Diablo thread, I thought I would start fresh and hopefully things will stay civil.

Here we go:

Diablo/Sky-Shark
=============\
1. Servo Mounts
The new HS-65 friendly servo mounts are now finished and will be tested by a few well respected unbiased members here on RCG over the coming 5 days. Look for their comments and feedback (we will! ). Attached is a picture of the new mounts that tested the best for us. The original mounts are red and the new test mounts are blue for evaluation purposes only. The production metal will be the Diablo red and the Sk-Shark Grey. You can see the angle of the mount has changed to work better with the HS-65 (and HS-56).

2. New Canopy
The same testers will get plastic mock-ups of the new proposed Diablo/Sky-Shark canopy that will be larger than the original to support a wider range of servos and electronics. Hopefully, they will provide their feedback on these as well.

3. New All Metal Tail
The first two pre-production (blue) all metal tails will be provided to two of the same testers. These tails should prove to be a nice improvement for any 450 class heli using the common 12mm boom.

===============================================\\\

Phantom 450(XL) --- Note: this will count for our one self promoting ad for the week.
=============\
We are proud to announce the release of the world's first true sub $100 high quality 3D capable 450 class helicopter. Engineered in the USA and produced in Taiwan, the new Phantom 450(XL) offers quality and performance without breaking the bank. Now you don't need to spend a fortune for a properly made heli to use as a trainer or "care free" thrasher!

Each kit incorporates the best polycarbonate shock absorbing plastic, machined ALU, hardened steel and even carbon fiber (rear vertical fin) to insure high performance and unmatched value.

Attached are a few pictures of the Phantom 450, which is based on the proven XL design. This allows for complete platform compatibility so you will never be stuck in a "no spare parts" situation. 99.9% of the Phantom parts can be used on other 450 class helicopters and other popular 450 parts/upgrades can be used on the Phantom 450, including the full line of Diablo/Sky-Shark frames, heads, tails, and canopies.

RC-TEK will offer this revolutionary value on our site within the next 12-24 hours for the unprecedented price of only US$98.95 + USPS shipping from California.

** A member of RCG will be receiving a kit to perform a build thread/review so look for his announcement in the coming days.

As more updates become available, look for them here and/or on our company forums site. Thank you.

Scott
RC-TEK Ltd.
Scott_RC-TEK is offline Find More Posts by Scott_RC-TEK
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:06 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
seeing the Phantom makes me miss my fist TREX 450XL... Along with a few other "TOP SECRET" MODS on my heli I think I'll be testing out the new servo mounts, so I'll post here what my thoughs are...

Please try to limit comments to being constructive...Please....good or bad..but I've seen too many threads go away, that I was intrested in or part of, for no good reason.

Geneween
geneween is offline Find More Posts by geneween
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:30 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Hi Gene,
Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
Scott

Phantom tail-
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:44 PM
R/C Junkie
Claremore, OK, USA
Joined Feb 2004
369 Posts
Looks awesome! Can't wait.

Brian Bland
Claremore, OK

Dragonus II Intruder
New heli soon!
Sonex128 is offline Find More Posts by Sonex128
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
It is nice, I like.
minnesota
Joined Jan 2007
415 Posts
Best of luck with your new heli line Scott. I'm sure it will do well.
Dragonus doogie is offline Find More Posts by Dragonus doogie
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
what about the hub for the skyshark, i still get wiggling around...
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:58 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
mine still wiggles a little, but I havn't clamp down on it yet and I've flown it 32 times since the last crash without a hitch. I'm sure it will get worked out. Next fun fly your going to fly my Diablo until the links pop off... I'm still trying to figure out how to get the 1107H to fit I might just have to get the 1107 or and 1105. The 430XL and BM450 are just not doing it for me (too much in love with the 1107H 1.5Y).....

BTW, your going to love the Head MOD...

GW
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
Crash Hard!!!
Moultrie, Ga
Joined Jul 2004
315 Posts
Looks sweet! Can't wait to see how this thing performs!

Brian
endeavor_635650 is offline Find More Posts by endeavor_635650
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:05 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Jason/Gene:
That was fixed a week ago and smaller shaft tolerance hubs will be on future production heads. The ALU is so strong on these things that you really need to be strong when clamping down. I think we have a few samples hubs here that came in with the other test parts. I will see what I can do to get one to you if they prove to be better.

We also have the underslung flybar Diablo/Sky-Shark heads in the shop now. I will try and get a photo shoot arranged for them (or just do it myself tonight since I always seem to be the last one working here!).

Yes, Gene mentioned a new "hybrid" head we are calling the "G-Head" because of Gene's input. That is about a month away.

Regards,
Scott

PS: The Phantom is now available on the RC-TEK site.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_RC-TEK
Jason/Gene:
That was fixed a week ago and smaller shaft tolerance hubs will be on future production heads. The ALU is so strong on these things that you really need to be strong when clamping down. I think we have a few samples hubs here that came in with the other test parts. I will see what I can do to get one to you if they prove to be better.

We also have the underslung flybar Diablo/Sky-Shark heads in the shop now. I will try and get a photo shoot arrange for them.

Yes, Gene mentioned a new "hybrid" head we are calling the "G-Head" becuase of Gene's input. That is about a month away.

Regards,
Scott

PS: The Phantom is now available on the RC-TEK site.
Scott, thanks for the recognition makes all the testing worth it for me. I can't wait to have Jason fly it and get it on video... gives me the shivers...

As for the hub...I'f it aint broke don't fix it....mines working fine but the next time I face plant it I'll crank down on the hub...

GW
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:16 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Yeah, that will be cool. I will bring the video cam as well. You should have some extra Diablo frame spacers now so lose the blue and put some red on your hybrid head mod and cut those bolts down! HA! It will look better on video that way.

Also, where's Kyle?! He should have done the hybrid mod and flown it by now...

Scott-
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:21 PM
Conformity Kill's
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,796 Posts
I don't think I have any extra spacers, even though my frame has 8 breaks in it, it still works (nothing to do with quality, I just crash hard, all the time ) so I havn't seen the need to replace it yet. there's a few more things I want to try before I seek frame a frame replacement.

Yeah where's the Kyle kid...I want to know what he thinks..

GW
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:24 PM
Joined Apr 2006
3,950 Posts
im thinking about putting my neu in the skyshark.....hahahaha

scott, i returned the skyshark back to all RC-TEK stuff and i will see how it does. i will be practicing alot this next week as its my spring break. you can count on a video. go big or dont go at all. btw, you might need to send me some spare parts, hahahaha, j/k.

gene, i definitely wanna try what you think, that neu motor hasnt let me down yet. if i could get more, i would!
driftinsequence is offline Find More Posts by driftinsequence
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:50 PM
California
Joined Jun 2006
4,053 Posts
Gene,
You will have a new frame with the test servo mounts and tail in the morning. So yes, you do (will) have extra frame spacers.

Jason,
PM me with a list of parts needed and I will see what I can do.

BOOM-
Well, "someone" just reported this thread as excessive advertising. I guess asking for civility was too much to ask...

Scott-
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:37 AM
Joined Dec 2005
17 Posts
Scott,
Your helicopters are looking good. BTW, I'd like to order a Sky Shark smaller shaft tolerance hub and the washer/spacer set. Thanks Ivan Hank
cvnhank is offline Find More Posts by cvnhank