|Apr 10, 2007, 09:03 PM|
Do You Have a Plane Wish List?
I have decided to start a wish list of planes. The reason I made this list is so that I am not easily swayed into buying every cool new plane that comes out! The other benefit of this list is I now have a better idea of the types of planes I like, and the sort of flying I prefer. In no particular order, here is my wish list:
1. Mountain Models EVA Bipe -$75
2. Mountain Models Flashback -$65
3. Cl-i-max Axon - $49.50
4. Manzano Laser Works Waco SRE - $65 Full Kit
5. ParkScale Models Pitts Special - $49 for Short Kit
6. StevensAreo Ultimate Biplane – Price TBD
7. StevensAero MudBug - $30
8. StevensAero Lil’ Squirt 2 - $30
9. LiteFly Bug - $59
10. Mini IFO - $49
What planes would be on your wish list? Why?
|Apr 10, 2007, 09:37 PM|
I'm looking to improve my precision flying skills and have some 3D fun, but I also enjoy building and going fast, so here's my short list:
1) 3D Hobby Shop Extra 300 SHP
2) StevensAero Groove/G-Ride (the Mountain Models look never did it for me, though the EVA is nicer)
3) Mike Rittinger Me-109 Scratchbuild (I wish the plans I ordered would arrive so I could build it already)
4) HET F/A-18 EDF
5) Scratchbuilt own design pylon racer
Yep, any of those would be great right now.
|Apr 10, 2007, 10:08 PM|
Great list! The only reason the SA Groove is not on my wish list is I already have one.
|Apr 10, 2007, 10:24 PM|
Your list isn't bad, either, especially that gorgeous Waco bipe and the vaporware StevensAero Ultimate.
P.S. SA will be out of town this week and may have a good sale, so my list may soon be one plane shorter
|Apr 10, 2007, 10:33 PM|
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
I gave up on wish lists. I never get what I wish for because something new always shows up. My solution is just buy what trips my trigger at the time. That works for me.
|Apr 10, 2007, 10:39 PM|
My weakness is I have no resistance when it comes to buying new planes If I see something I like then I buy it, because there's no telling if it'll go out of production tomorrow. I've got a stack of stuff waiting to be built, they are listed below in no particular order. You asked "why", so I added notes in perenthesis:
- Speedwing.net Dart (1/2 built, goal is 100 mph backyard flyer)
- Dave Blum Bd5 & Diddlebug Cessna (high cool factor!)
- Strange Bird SB28 (unique looks)
- .40 sized Rascal electric conversion (we all need at least one big plane in our hangar!)
- The Twinkle (cool looking puddle flyer)
- Voltaire Cube (WAY different looking)
- JM Glascraft Estrellita, Cosmic Wind & Mini Shark (go fast and turn left, with style!)
- Kinkade Park Hawk & Pterodactyl (these things fly great, I have two going already)
- Bullet Twin EDF (3/4 built, design testing)
- 4s Bullet (another design test)
- BMJR Sniffer & Twin Lizzie (old timers make awesome electric conversions!)
- RC Eng. Thermal Charger (had one back in the day, this cool old plane is begging for a modern electric setup)
That's off the top of my head, I know there are others lurking around here waiting to be built as well. And no doubt another dozen must-haves will worm their way into my closet before these are complete! The problem is I want to build each and every one of these, so it's hard to prioritize The two on my desk will get completed first, then comes the hard decision of what to build next! I need to retire so that work won't interfere with my building time as much
|Apr 10, 2007, 11:27 PM|
First I need to start building my SA RV-4 I have had around
for a while along with the components to make her fly.
Then I would like to start on my 150 model's?
Tyro, switchback? & and then I hope the Hellcat will be for sale
by the time I get ready to build?
I don't think I can go wrong with any of the planes I have
Please bring the 150 switchback & hellcat to us wanted
|Apr 11, 2007, 12:20 AM|
Since Bill is out of town I doubt very much he is working on the Ultimate. That teaser about the Ultimate has been on the SA site for a while.
|Apr 11, 2007, 12:59 AM|
I bought a lot of planes because they struck my fancy. I just want to be more selective. I was just out in the garage where I have many, many shelves of planes. I spied a plain cardboard box, and for the life of me I could not remember what was in the box! I dug the box out and found it was a combat slope glider. Oh yeah, I remember that one! Very cool! Put the power nose on it and its hot liner. Put the heavy nose on it and it is a slope glider!
I am thinking I have plane overload since I don't remember all the planes I have already bought. In addition to my wish list, I also have a build list. These are planes I already own.
1. SA DiddleRod (done)
2. MiniFlash (contruction done - need to install electronics)
3. Goldberg Tiger (done)
4. E-Starter (in Progress)
5. Formosa (On Deck)
6. SwitchBack Sport
7. IFO Mk3
9. Fast Freddie
10. Radical RC MiniStick
I made this list because I had so much trouble deciding which plane to build that I would never start on anything! I needed a plan. Left to my own devices I would be building the Switchback right now. But I need to get some quickie builds done so I have a good selection of planes in my hangar.
|Apr 11, 2007, 02:14 AM|
Joined Feb 2007
Guillows FLying Forttress (no gearbox - direct drive)
Hobbico Upstar glider with engine.
Stevens aeromodels micro cap. (ips 3d).
Multiplex Twin Star II RR - new version
another fling - DLG - had one! soo nice. dX6 failed.
a really small twin rotor with FULL 4 channel
|Apr 11, 2007, 07:37 AM|
How many of those planes are still available?
|Apr 11, 2007, 01:40 PM|
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
I tried listing my planes. I quit at 125. If anybody needed help-----need I say more?
My LHS is going out of business and was selling off his inventory. Notice the words is and was. He is going out of business--he was selling off his kits. They were gone in days. I only managed to get two.
Went to a flea market. Came home with two more--a very old Astroflite kit of a Monocoupe that I never knew existed and a Mini Challenger sailplane. My wife asked me what I intended to do with all the planes in my basement. I told her I planned to get more. I never realized how uncomfortable that couch is--until now
|Apr 11, 2007, 01:59 PM|
I tend to let the planes come to me rather than seeking out something specific.
- The Beaver looked like a good trainer to get the kids interested,
- An SE5 (no eh) was cobbled up from meattrays because I got interested in that form of building and had a Peanut plan from an old magazine to scale up.
- Scratch built glider with old Windfree wings because a friend inherited them.
- The Ryan NYP was a Guillows kit my mother-in-law found at a garage sale years earlier.
- Parkflyer Pete from FFF because our little group of guys tried club racing.
- Currently in progress is a GWS DC3 I got for Christmas (2005).
Wish list? sure:
- Avro Arrow (probably a pusher from FFF)
- P40 (maybe the GWS one when it comes out)
- CL415 (flying boats are too cool - would like to do this one at 2 meter span or more)
- Mirage2000 (if I ever try a DF, hmm I seem to have a thing for delta jets)
- A bipe from balsa and tissue (the SE5 is gone, scaling up that peanut plan again sounds fun).
|Apr 11, 2007, 02:11 PM|
My list would be way too long.
Pat Trittle's Connie (yet to be finished)
3D Hobby Shop Yak
AeroLabs Pitts with Symmetrical wings
ParkScale Models 727 (still in development)
Any Seafury of resonable size
Those are the ones I would love to do but don't have kits for yet. There are more but they are more passing interests.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||do you have a plane thats "out for you"?||TDisaster||Electric Plane Talk||9||Jul 22, 2007 07:06 PM|
|Discussion||Do you have a plane that won't die?||bratcher||Parkflyers||39||Mar 12, 2006 03:35 PM|
|Cool||Do you have a "keep-in-the-car" plane?||aeajr||Electric Plane Talk||44||May 02, 2005 05:41 PM|
|Have money, what plane do you have?||3D Champ||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||6||Mar 08, 2004 12:12 AM|
|Do you have plane files for RFG2??||Jim Poor||Simulators||1||Dec 02, 2003 05:39 PM|