HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by _Lunchbox_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 10:16 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Well, I've finished the wing and tail. I had to remove the tail pieces from the bent fuselage, so I decided to fabricate the mod you linked to Tram. Thanks for that. I really like that mod. I've decided to use this plane to carry my little aiptek camera to do AP. used a 3/4 x 3/4 block and cut it to fit and epoxied it in front of the spar. I drilled and tapped a 1/4 x 20 hole through it and into the top of the wing. I'll run a nylon 1/4 x 20 x 1 1/2 screw up through the wing and use the threaded tripod mount in the bottom of the camera to attach to it.
Now, all I have to do is get a new fuselage and install the servos and radio equip. and It'll be ready to go.. Man I can't wait to get this in the air.....
Now isnít that tail section mount better! Looking Good! I have not for gotten your decal. You wanted pink, rite?
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Last edited by _Lunchbox_; Apr 23, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:31 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
That tail mount is much better... I like it!!!
I can't wait to fly this

PINK???????
Don't worry, I have a blue one for you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
RC ADDICTS ANONYMOUS
Georgia
Joined Apr 2007
118 Posts
[/QUOTE]running out of time before SEFF...I hope this will be finished...I'll have to work this weekend, and I don't know if my wife will tolerate me spending the whole evening up here all week...[/QUOTE]

You mean I had a choice?!?!?!?
kstone is offline Find More Posts by kstone
Old May 02, 2007, 09:01 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
How does it Fly?

Hay Jeff, how does it fly?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 03, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
It is still in one piece

That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
Old Jun 03, 2007, 11:23 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
It is still in one piece

That is because I haven't had the chance to fly this week. I plan on going out Sun afternoon and flying it
So, how did it fly?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
I was able to fly it for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Man it flies great!!.. I narrowly missed a crash when the ez connector on the elevator loosened up..It made for an exciting landing..

The last time I flew it, the battery came loose from the velcro strap, and was dangling ... I couldn't figure out why the tail seemed to be wagging I flew it in close to me, and saw the battery dangling.. That called for an emergency landing. The SSX is now my favorite ...
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:33 AM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,858 Posts
Quote:
And, just as soon as I can get the $$$ I'm gonna get a micro SSX..
I hear ya man! I'm planning on the same!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
Yeehadi
Joined Apr 2007
80 Posts
Notch??

Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
USAPatriot is offline Find More Posts by USAPatriot
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPatriot
Hi,

As specified in TFM, I cut a 1/2" notch in the main spar. After making and installing the wingsaddles I did a test fit of the fuse. The fuse is sitting above the notch, not sitting down in it. As the saddles were epoxied in place ( ) I doubt if I'll be cutting them out and raising them up. I'll just bridge the notch gap then use two short pieces of basswood and make a notch that sits above the spar. Question is, what went wrong? The wing saddles are placed as shown in TFM. Thanks! -Rod-
Not sure what is happening please take some pictures.
RCG Plus Member