HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2007, 01:59 PM
Owings, MD
Joined Nov 2004
241 Posts
Fly-In
PGRC Open House, Bowie, MD, May 12, 2007

The Prince George's County RC Club is holding their 16th annual open house on May 12, 9 AM until dusk.

There will be flying demonstrations, a raffle, buddy boxes and trainers for spectators to try flying, open flying for AMA members, and several fun-fly contests.

Free admission.

AMA sanctioned, event director Charlie Gettier (410) 757-3195 cgettier@comcast.net

Directions:
PGRC Field (south of Bowie, MD)
take route 301 south from Bowie,
about 3 miles south of the Rt. 214 intersection turn left onto Swanson Rd.
follow signs to the field

A map is available on the club website: pgrcclub.com
rhagen is offline Find More Posts by rhagen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
See ya there!
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Old Apr 23, 2007, 09:13 AM
Owings, MD
Joined Nov 2004
241 Posts
An update: We're planning to have three fun-fly type contests -

1. Dead-stick spot landing contest - take off, kill your engine, person whose plane stops
closest to the X on the runway wins.
2. Golf ball target drop - using a golf ball in a cup rubber-banded to your plane, attempt to
drop the ball on a target in the grass beyond the runway. Closest to the target wins.
3. Limbo - fly beneath a progressively-lowered crepe paper streamer suspended between
bamboo poles.

Glow-engine trainers or high- or low-wing sport planes will be the weapons of choice. Electric aircraft
will be allowed, but must be of .40 glow size or larger (need to have the power and structural strength to carry the
cup and golf ball).

I'm going to try and scrape up some prizes for these events, but if nothing else we can award club t-shirts.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
Owings, MD
Joined Nov 2004
241 Posts
Weather looks decent for tomorrow, chance of rain, but not serious until after 5 PM.

Come on out!! Did I forget to mention - free food!!! (hot dogs, sodas, etc)
Old May 13, 2007, 04:15 PM
Owings, MD
Joined Nov 2004
241 Posts
A big thank you to everyone who came out to the event. We had great weather and a good turn-out. Several contingents from other local clubs showed up, and I believe a good time was had by all.

If you didn't make it you missed your chance to see probably the largest plane to ever take part in a fun-fly event when Jonathan Baker won the golf ball drop contest but coasting in with his 40% Yak and pulling into a low hover right over the target!!! (I didn't get a photo since I was running the fun-fly events, but I'll try and get one from someone)
Last edited by rhagen; May 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add more photos