HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by slopemeno, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 09, 2007, 01:24 AM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,953 Posts
Discussion
great days.

How many good days do you get?

I was kinda struck with this though today as I was flying at this amazing slope with Longdollar, Joe S, and SSCB. Figure 52 weekends in a year, plus a few vacation and, uh, "sick" days, so lets say 104, plus, lets say 10, so 114 flying days in a year. You probably didnt start flying until you are 20, and lets say 70 is a nice round number of years, so 114 x 50= 5700 days? And out of that how many are standout?

Today was one of those. The spot we were flying in Marin was SUCH GOOD AIR it was beyond description...but here goes: Joe Strakowky's Mach Dart was a missile... He came screaming down from about 1000 feet and slashed past the DS groove out into the still air in the backside...127 mph on the front side! He would whip a 180 and come rocketing back out onto the front side at about 110 mph.

I ds'd my Destiny and Starling...slowly..carefully. I got my Destiny specked out, and got up to 117 mph diving and whipping back into the backside...Gotta come up with a catchy term for this...slingshotting er sumpin'.

Longdollar flew his Eagle F3B plane that screams like a 737 going around the DS circle. He let me fly it on Saturday and I have to say thats the most accurate flying plane I've ever flown. REALLY precise and placeable- If you fly it into a bank and leave it there it holds that andle as the energy state decays slowly...amazing.

This was a great weekend.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
Last edited by slopemeno; Apr 09, 2007 at 01:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
Wnd was blowin time stood stil
Atlanta GA
Joined Oct 2004
476 Posts
What kind of dogs are those? Look Chihuahua and Min-Pin ish but don't really know?
wheatfly is offline Find More Posts by wheatfly
Old Apr 10, 2007, 06:17 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,953 Posts
Longdollar owns them. The one with the tan harness is Winnie and the other one is Desmond. Rat Terriers, I think...

They love to hunt lizzards while we fly. You'll hear them beating the bushes for hours up on the hill. Mark "Longdollar" says he can get Desmond all jacked up by whispering "...lizzahd" (in his South African accent) as he sleeps.

While a good bit smaller than my cat, they act all territorial while we're out flying. If a hiker approcahes they run out on the trail and stamp their feet and growl at the hikers. Its great.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno