HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 09, 2007, 12:09 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,930 Posts
Discussion
Miscellaneous ramblings

Anyone who's done time in the Southwest knows that Circle K convenience stores are on practically every street corner in the region. There seems to be one on every other block in Tucson.

I, on the other hand, am not presently in Tucson. There are, however, a few Circle K's in the area.

They sell an interesting little frozen concoction called a "Froster" which in turn is manufactured by that grand old soft drink institution in Atlanta.

The names of the flavors have to be seen to be believed.

The one that caught my eye was "Rotten Eggs." Not far from it was "Snot Surprise" or something like that.

Ah, but my favorite: "Trout Fart."

Given the propensity of the average twelve-year-old to find bodily humor absolutely hilarious, there's no doubt that it's the intention of those responsible for this, um, marketing to have our neighborhoods filled with sugar-amped preteens running around asking passers-by to pull their fingers.

While the twelve-year-old in me sees something funny in drinking Trout Fart, the adult in me finds it almost pathetic that a major company would stoop to such depths in order to sell frozen drinks.

It also makes me wish that hobby companies would start marketing outside of trade publications and go directly to these kids via traditional media outlets.

Perhaps they should consider naming an R/C model boat "Trout Fart."

It would sell like snot rockets.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
to remove ads between posts