Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Harv, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2007, 04:51 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Discussion
Fourth quarter

The warbirds, and the end...

It looks like the 3rd and 4th sections of my R/C addiction have some overlap, as all of my warbirds are exclusively outdoor aircraft. In any case, I now have an Alfa Wildcat and Beaufighter assembled and ready, and an Alfa Spitfire w/retracts on order. The Beau has a few flights on her now, and is a fantastic machine! It was my first aileron/warbird/twin (a lot of firsts in one package), and everything else I own simply pales in comparison. The others still have their pros and will get flown regularly I'm sure, but the Beau does absolutely everything I want, and it does it perfectly and with style to boot. If the Wildcat and Spit fly anything at all like the Beaufighter I'll have my dream fleet scattered around the living room.

Which will be great, as there will be no more. After taking pics of all the planes I've acquired in the last few months, I did some quick math and have declared a moratorium on R/C purchases (spare parts not included of course) for at least a year and probably two. So now I can finish building my little airstrip and concentrate on flying instead of buying.

Or so I'm telling myself now...
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Last edited by Harv; May 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2007, 06:50 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,636 Posts
Sweet Harv...you got yourself a little Alfa Airforce. Very nice. It is scary how fast this stuff adds up. For example. I have $225.00 in JR crystals alone...and I currently need to buy three more.
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Dec 31, 2007, 01:22 PM
Joined Jun 2007
31 Posts
Beaufighter retracts

Harv, et al.:

I am very interested to learn more about the Beaufighter retracts you just posted. I'm beginning to design and prepare plans for a Savoia Marchetti 79 which utilizes that type (double strut) landing gear. Who is the manufacturer and for what size airplane are they?

I'm also interested in obtaining accurate, scale drawings (hopefully of the prototype) SM 79, but all I've been able to find are three-view drawings -- not the best to design an accurate scale project.

Any help you guys can provied will be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year to all!

Bob Hartford
bandvhartford@vewrizon.net
(919) 471-5937
bandvhartford is offline Find More Posts by bandvhartford