HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2007, 06:42 AM
Joined Apr 2007
2 Posts
Question
walkera 76C VS Walkera Dragonfly 36 6CH

Hello ! I am very new the the R\C helis I bought one walkera 76C which seemed good to me and I flew a little and crash it . I plan to buy another one now I dont know muc about the 4CH Vs 6Ch as new to all this I was considering Walkera Dragonfly 36 but I want to know is there any other big difference in quality, flying , speed and durability between the 76C and Walkera Dragonfly 36 . Could some one suggest if I sould but these I want to spend around $150 .

I would appreciate any help and suggestions .

Thank You
justnew2heli is offline Find More Posts by justnew2heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2008, 04:50 PM
Spending money helps, right?
Tewantin, QLD, Australia
Joined Jul 2006
656 Posts
The 76c is a fixed pitch heli, the 36 is a collective pitch. It uses a small shaft running up the inside of the main shaft to adjust the pitch. The transmitter has two knobs on the front to adjust the pitch settings - one adjusts the pitch centre (so you can get 0 pitch at roughly centre stick) and the other alters pitch maximum range, to enable around +/- 10 degrees.

It is very fiddly, the TX can not really be used for anything else, the stock brushed motor is not powerful enough to fly, the stock NiMH will get to almost hover for a few minutes, thats about it.

You will pretty quickly want to replace the electronics to more reliable stuff, then you will want to put decent motor and speed controller, then you will want to put decent batteries (Lipo) then you need a charger.......

As you can see, I have already gone down this path, and after crashing it and needing some spares added up the cost of replacement parts plus upgrades and ended up buying the Blade 400 RTF. Mostly the new radio gear was what got me to do it , as it was the same radio I was looking at upgrading to anyway!
SeaComms is offline Find More Posts by SeaComms