HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by gbagley, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:27 PM
Let's Fly
Metairie, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2001
460 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
FS: Factory New AERC F-4 Phantom Taking Pre-Orders Now

FS: Factory New AERC F-4 Phantom Taking Pre-Orders

Be one of the First to get one of these kits. Dealers have priority so please help support my website by buying your New AERC F-4 Phantom from me.

http://www.officeshops.com/aerc/index.htm

Thanks for looking.
-gerald
gbagley is offline Find More Posts by gbagley
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:42 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
wow...looks good..

What are the specs on this baby????? wing span? fuse? All out weight? Battery suggestions? Landing gear? how many chanels?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:50 PM
Let's Fly
Metairie, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2001
460 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
John Patout help me out with these questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kev71H
wow...looks good..

What are the specs on this baby?????
wing span?
fuse?
All out weight?
Battery suggestions? John said 8.4V/350mAh ni-cd it screams with a 9.6V Ni-Cd however the fan motors won't last...but who cares right.
Landing gear?
how many chanels? Three
John Patout [aerc@aerc.biz] help me out with these questions. I will add them all to the web site ASAP.

Got to get some zzzzzz....l8r
-gerald
gbagley is offline Find More Posts by gbagley
Old Oct 16, 2002, 12:15 AM
Http://www.aerc.biz
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Here I am to save the day!

Well the specs are all on the AERC Website at: http://www.aerc.biz/f4.htm

The AUW really depends on what setup you use. For the proto. I really weighed it down with heavier ducting and and added ducting insulation and still came out around 11 oz. - there are several battery choices but the one we are recommending is the GWS 6 cell 7.2V 600 mAh NiCad - it is for three channels which are tailerons and the speed control - no landing gear although I think it is very likely they will be able to have them so I am interested to have people send in their photos of the possibilites!

John
http://www.aerc.biz
drbird is offline Find More Posts by drbird
Old Oct 16, 2002, 01:20 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
DO YOU have pictures of the finished product???? How about a cheater vent on the bottom needed? I would be interested in launching systems..hand launch possible or catapult? Let us know..thanks!

Kevin
Old Oct 16, 2002, 01:33 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
No cheater holes are required and I have only hand launched it so catapult would work fine. I have to say I was suprised myself when I first powered it up - I held it in my hand and put in full throttle and it seemed as though it wanted to leap off and fly right there! Here is a picture of the finished product!

John
Old Oct 16, 2002, 09:41 AM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
No offense drbird but that plane does not look "finished". It may be completed in building but not finished.

I was looking for more of a finished PAINTED with someone "holding" it at the field or the house kind of "finished". So far that's the only pic I have seen of this bird.

If anyone has read this thread..they more and likely have clicked on your website.

Looking forward to some pics of some kind of contrast of scale like someone holding it.

Best regards,
Kevin
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:19 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,579 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
There is no mention of what controls it. I assume they listed 2 servos required that it flys on taileron?? IS the foam wing molded or just hot wired blue foam? When will you actually have the parts ?

"AutoCAD designed".When did AutoCAD started designing airplanes?

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Oct 16, 2002, 11:56 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
Wow you guys are brutal!

I'll tell you what I'll put it up next to a GWS Beaver which should give you an actual representation of the size although the website gives exact dimensions. That is painted - I went with very nuetral colors so as not to take away from the actual design. It is completely finished and has been flown a few times. I actually tried to shoot a video on one occasion but it didn't turn out well enough to actually show. The wings are wire cut "White" foam not blue and then again painted in the nuetral grey color. I guess I could say AutoCAD Powered Design but I figure everyone knew what was meant.

I'll tell you what - I have to back out to the feild this weekend to shoot some video of it - while out there I will take as many pics of it as possible!

Hope this clears any questions up but if not please feel free to ask away!

John
Old Oct 16, 2002, 08:50 PM
RCMCConline com
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~happy with that answer

Will be awaiting video with anticipation!!!! And pics!!!! thanks for the attention with the reply.
Closed Thread