HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:04 AM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congcon97
In the picture, is it the right config of the 9 pole,16 magnets motor ? It looks easy but is there any English translator of this pic? Waiting for ur reply.
The diagram appears to have come from Ralph Okon's site www.powercroco.de. Unfortunately, the entire site is in German, but he has a Google translation on the main page. That site will make most people's heads' spin. There is a wealth of knowledge there.

By the way in the diagram; Anfang = beginnning, Ende = End
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2009, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2007
153 Posts
Alex,
These are the measurement. Just take a look; I sent u a pm.
congcon97 is offline Find More Posts by congcon97
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2009, 12:12 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Alex,
i'm looking to wind this motor.
http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/pro...roducts_id=535

how and what polarity should the magnets be mounted (i.e. spacing, pole direction).
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2009, 09:31 AM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,302 Posts
That's a 9N6P high speed motor. There are 6 magnets that should be glued in N S N S N S. You'll need to make some spacers for it. Id' just take a couple of popsicle sticks and cut them all at one so you have 6 equal sized spacers. Once the magnets are it, you can remove the spacers and glue the magnets in with thin CA. Once that dries, I like to use a little epoxy inbetween the magnets to keep them secure.

You can get 8-9 turns of 22 AWG, 11-13 turns of 24, and 14-17 turns of 26 AWG wire in that motor. I hope you're either gear reducing that or putting it on something mighty fast. That motor is a screamer. 22 AWG is good for 20 Amps, 24AWG is good to 14, and 26 is good to 8 Amps.
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2010, 04:44 PM
Did you get it on video?
Flying-Monkey's Avatar
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
subscribing
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:17 PM
Registered User
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
Since my first successful wind, im looking at all my older motors might have a new life added to them. I was curious about the magnet and arm configurations and what to expect out of the different setups. The motor just wound was a 9Arm stator 6 pole which im sure is fairly common.
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:27 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,302 Posts
There is a good winding chart on www.powercroco.de

That site is a wealth of information.

-Alex
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2011, 05:04 AM
The Flying Ottoman
Dt.Serkan's Avatar
Turkey, Trabzon, Maška
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
Hello Alex. Thank you for all these valuable infos. I have just begun to rewind my broken motors and some of them had a grinding sound problem with some vibration. I used the same configuration but I couldn't deal with this sound. Sound is like this:
Grinding sound on HK 2403 BL 2100kv (0 min 23 sec)

Can it be because of the bearings? Or I thought maybe some metal particules came between the magnets and stator teeth. Do you have any exact solution for this?

Also I am confused about the wire gauges:
Say the stator arms are available for the thicker wire and I wanted to rewind the stator with one strand 0.4mm wire 10T instead of 2 strand 0.35mm wire 6T (Calculated with the wire calculator Excel file). Does this new configuration more advantageous or less? Thanks in advance.
Dt.Serkan is offline Find More Posts by Dt.Serkan
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Carnifax's Avatar
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,308 Posts
Grinding sound from a Hobby King motor, Im stunned!
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:53 AM
The Flying Ottoman
Dt.Serkan's Avatar
Turkey, Trabzon, Maška
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
Grinding sound from a Hobby King motor, Im stunned!
Some of other customers had faced the same problem about this motor. My problem is not this motor actually, but my rewound motors have the same sound problem.
Dt.Serkan is offline Find More Posts by Dt.Serkan
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2011, 02:39 PM
Registered User
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
Make sure all your windings are tight and then press the coil closer to the arm after all the winds. Maybe a a turn or so is rubbing against a magnet. Also put some oil on the bearings.
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2011, 09:51 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,302 Posts
Sounds to me like a magnet problem, actually. I think you have a few misaligned (or weak) magnets. The sound you are hearing is the ESC losing motor position and effectively braking.

-Alex
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2011, 01:21 AM
The Flying Ottoman
Dt.Serkan's Avatar
Turkey, Trabzon, Maška
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado View Post
Make sure all your windings are tight and then press the coil closer to the arm after all the winds. Maybe a a turn or so is rubbing against a magnet. Also put some oil on the bearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Sounds to me like a magnet problem, actually. I think you have a few misaligned (or weak) magnets. The sound you are hearing is the ESC losing motor position and effectively braking.

-Alex
Thank you both very much. I did all of your advices @yellowcolorado including pressing coils, oiling the bearings. I thought if there was a rubbing the the coil near to the magnets would wear out and there was no wearing out. In one of my motors that I rewound, sound is coming after a level of throttle. I had crashed the plane and broken the shaft of it. Because of this I considered it was a bearing fault.
Dt.Serkan is offline Find More Posts by Dt.Serkan
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 08:08 PM
Engineer for Christ
IBCrazy's Avatar
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dt.Serkan View Post
Thank you both very much. I did all of your advices @yellowcolorado including pressing coils, oiling the bearings. I thought if there was a rubbing the the coil near to the magnets would wear out and there was no wearing out. In one of my motors that I rewound, sound is coming after a level of throttle. I had crashed the plane and broken the shaft of it. Because of this I considered it was a bearing fault.
Many of my rewinds go poorly because when I burned up the motor, it got so hot that several magnets weakened. In fact, the motor on this plane was a rewind and when you hit full throttle, the motor locks up on you. Thus I was forced to fly at 1/2 throttle at 1:45. 4 feet off the deck heading for the tree line got interesting... I have since replaced the motor.

Backyard Bashing (2 min 51 sec)
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 06, 2011, 02:15 AM
The Flying Ottoman
Dt.Serkan's Avatar
Turkey, Trabzon, Maška
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Many of my rewinds go poorly because when I burned up the motor, it got so hot that several magnets weakened. In fact, the motor on this plane was a rewind and when you hit full throttle, the motor locks up on you. Thus I was forced to fly at 1/2 throttle at 1:45. 4 feet off the deck heading for the tree line got interesting... I have since replaced the motor.

http://www.vimeo.com/21956092
So you say rewinding a dead motor is rarely efficient because of the weakened magnets? Also I realized something that I was using CA to stabilize the wire and I have just seen that you said the CA is not suitable for the wire holding. Can this be the cause?
I unwound my motor thinking the CA is the cause and will rewind again. I hope I can solve this problem.
Thank you very much Alex for your helps again.
Dt.Serkan is offline Find More Posts by Dt.Serkan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Brushless motors: Geared or Direct Drive? FirstShirt Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 2 Jan 24, 2007 09:35 PM
Discussion Are brushless motors dc or ac? erfolg Electric Motor Design and Construction 39 Dec 26, 2006 06:37 PM
Mini-HowTo Brushless Motor with Convertible Delta or Wye Winding LBMiller5 Power Systems 4 Jul 12, 2005 03:30 PM
GBx Double..Wye or Delta..or what? -=SLaPPiE=- Power Systems 13 Apr 29, 2005 12:34 PM
Are AXI's wound wye or delta ? raymcm Power Systems 11 Feb 17, 2005 05:45 PM