HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2007, 01:50 PM
Yes, It will fly!
Sugar Land
Joined Dec 2005
245 Posts
Discussion
Anyone use the Logo 20 as an AP ship?

I recently acquired a Logo 20 with the intentions of setting it up for AP. I now am realizing that for the money I am going to spend on the battery alone I could by a T-Rex 450 and use my existing batteries and radio equipment. My question is is it worth the expense to complete the Logo 20 or sell it and use far less money on a smaller but sufficient T-Rex or Swift? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Luke
SugarLandFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SugarLandFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
There are people who seem to manage with a very light camera without downlink on a T-Rex 450, but I think that is really stretching it. Most people seem to see a Logo 10 / Swift 550 as minimum. My shop advised the slightly larger Logo 14 which I think is more or less comparable with the Raptor E620 or T-Rex 600. The Raptor or T-Rex may be a bit cheaper, but not that much.

Not sure what your battery would cost for the Logo 20, nor a possibly needed upgraded charger. I did go for the larger heli as first heli both on advice of the shop owner who clearly knows his bussiness (they do a lot of provessional filming and video), the ability to lift different cameras and not be restricted to the smallest lightest ones, capability to add video downlink without overstressing the ship, and on the basis of wider range of wind-speeds the heavier heli will be able to manage.

I am considering a second smaller heli as a "quick mobile pole" for use with just the lightweight Optio and as take along on bussiness trip travel-ship. But I would like something just a little bit larger than the T-Rex 450, so that I could still have a stabilisation system and a tiltable camera mount, but forego the downlink as that sounds like too much to lug along on trips. Ideas ?
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.
Old Apr 04, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes, It will fly!
Sugar Land
Joined Dec 2005
245 Posts
Thanks for the input Arthur. I think that I will take my time and finish this monster heli with the right parts when I can afford to. Man, trying to buy a house really puts a dent in my AP habit fund.
SugarLandFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SugarLandFlyer
Old Apr 05, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
Tried to take out a mortage on the Logo 20 ?;=D
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.
Old Apr 05, 2007, 11:32 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
cost of setting up larger heli has come down a lot. go with z50A motor with A123 pack on logo 20 and it can be fairly cost effective. (I run z50a motor with 10S a123 on my raptor, and 10S 2P a123 on joker)

I like logos a lot. logo 10 carbon right now, and will have 500 when it comes out. I run 10S 1p with z30A 1100 on the logo 10 carbon as well.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member