HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2008, 12:04 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,995 Posts
I hope you didn't misunderstand me...I use program mixes in the Tx, not external mixers on the servos.

Anyhow, good luck with the build. Are you doing the TV version or a single motor config?
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log v4.0 Progress...
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2008, 01:14 PM
Ted M
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
I hope you didn't misunderstand me...I use program mixes in the Tx, not external mixers on the servos.

Anyhow, good luck with the build. Are you doing the TV version or a single motor config?
I didn't misunderstand but thanks for the concern. Given my desire to add gyro stabilzation, I have to move the mixing onto the airframe.

RX >> Gyro >> Mixer >> Servos
Gandalf_Sr is offline Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr
Old Oct 07, 2008, 03:03 PM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
Titusville, Fla
Joined Jan 2003
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad
Hey Ted.

Answers:
1) Four servos. One for each aileron surface and one for each elevator surface. The elevators work independently of each other. I have two mixes that allow them to function as elevons as well as just elevators.
I'm wondering if you could get the same end result with only one aileron servo and two elevator servos. I have a DX-7 and am not a fan of its 3 position flap switch. I only use flaps now on my F-14 for wing sweep. Never used my flaps that much on my old Eclipse 7 so it would save me one servo for rudder which I do use. I'll have to experiment but at the moment I don't have a bird with dual elevator servos other than the F-14 and that won't help as it has no ailerons.

BB
Semper Fi
kscbob1 is offline Find More Posts by kscbob1
Old Oct 07, 2008, 05:51 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscbob1
I'm wondering if you could get the same end result with only one aileron servo and two elevator servos.
Sure...I just didn't want to do it like that so I had the option to mess with flaps if I wanted to. I also have a plethora of other mixing options with one independent servo for each control surface.

I don't think this model is suited for one servo for both ailerons if you wanted to do that. Where would you put it? How would you link to the control surface?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2008, 09:17 PM
United States, HI, Kapolei
Joined Jan 2007
1,440 Posts
hello everyone,
i finally mustered up the nerve to buiold one. from the initial cutting of parts i almost got frustrated due to the number of pieces, then i said to my self, i didn't have to finish it in one day.....so i took my time and finished it in a week
AUW 24 oz
power set up: grayson smj, 40 amp esc, 6x4 prop, 2000mah 25c 3s and 2 9g servos

a bit of concern arose after reading through, would elevons as the only control measure pose a problem? would i need to install ailerons too?
TIA
Carl
smkn951 is offline Find More Posts by smkn951
Old Oct 08, 2008, 02:23 AM
Linköping Sweden
Joined Nov 2006
960 Posts
Ohh man she’s going to be really fast at 24 oz with the mega jet… you don’t really need ailerons elevons is just enough. Try it out with only elevons you could always add the ailerons later if you’d want to. Now how about some pictures.
Nadim is offline Find More Posts by Nadim
Old Oct 08, 2008, 03:19 PM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
Titusville, Fla
Joined Jan 2003
1,069 Posts
Quote:
=T3chDad ...
I don't think this model is suited for one servo for both ailerons if you wanted to do that. Where would you put it? How would you link to the control surface?
Pretty much the same way Steve configures his rudder servos on the twin vertical stabilizer designs. Just behind the battery compartment and then run pushrod wire through the flexible antenna/pushrod tubing. I have plenty of aileron torque rods left over from departed GWS warbirds that work very well or I make my own out of brass rod and sheeting.

BB
Semper Fi
kscbob1 is offline Find More Posts by kscbob1
Old Oct 08, 2008, 03:29 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,995 Posts
Ah...I understand now. Not a bad idea.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2008, 02:12 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,440 Posts
soon as i get home today i'll post some. please be gentle, i 'm not quite as an artist like you. shhot, i can't even do a stick figure.
TIA
Last edited by smkn951; Oct 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old Oct 12, 2008, 06:13 PM
United States, MA, Chelmsford
Joined Jul 2000
3,469 Posts
Finnally some flight pictures

Beautiful NE fall afternoon and one of my flying friend took a few pictures.

DAF
Ralph A. D'Amelio is offline Find More Posts by Ralph A. D'Amelio
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:08 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,995 Posts
Smkn51: Awesome job. She looks great. Have you had your maiden yet?

Ralph: Very nice bird. Great pictures.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2008, 09:56 PM
Align EP Helis
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
I was wondering will there be a building tips for this Park Jet? Really interested in getting one but how do you get those characteristic scale look of this SU-37 what tools and tricks to get it properly shaped and aerodynamic?

Thanks.
tomcat600 is offline Find More Posts by tomcat600
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:35 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,995 Posts
Tips and tricks are all through the thread. The assembly instructions located at 6mmfly.com are also very helpful.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:14 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat600
I was wondering will there be a building tips for this Park Jet? Really interested in getting one but how do you get those characteristic scale look of this SU-37 what tools and tricks to get it properly shaped and aerodynamic?

Thanks.
Here's a link to the scratchbuild version of the Su-37 construction guide, with everything you need to know to build this bird. The manual at 6mmflyrc.com covers the kit version, which is similar to but slightly different from the scratchbuild version.

http://www.parkjets.com/Su-37_Constr...ratchbuild.pdf

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,440 Posts
T3chDad,
maiden was successful, very stable plane. now time to put a lil more paint on her.