Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
1,978 Posts
Neat pics Wingman. I am just in the process of powering up a beautifully scratch built Su-27 that a flying buddy of mine has made for me and had pretty much decided on the colour scheme of the one on the bottom left that you posted, but the others are tempting and I can share docrobs indecision on what to go for.
Heres a schematic and a couple of pics of the Ukranian Su-27 (by the way this is the colour scheme of the Su-27 that crashed at that air show and took out 83 or so spectators )

KiwiKid
KiwiKid is online now Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Jazilla 3.2m flying wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
800 Posts
Lspj?

I've been reading all these threads of people using a LSPJ on their pusher. I'm assuming that's it's a Little Screamer brushless motor. Is this the one (picture below) that everyone is getting? If so what is the biggest pusher jet one can put it on. The reason I'm asking is I wanted to put two of these on the Su-37 and wasn't for sure if it was overkill. May have already been discussed, just missed it.

Picture was taken from Hobby Lobby site:
moxjett is offline Find More Posts by moxjett
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:27 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,589 Posts
Yes, moxjett, that is the motor we all refer to as the LSPJ. It puts out about 20 oz max static thrust, which is obviously plenty for a twin-motor 26 oz AUW Su-37 model! With a single motor, it'll power a 15 to 20 oz park jet very well.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Goteborg
Joined Aug 2005
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxjett
The reason I'm asking is I wanted to put two of these on the Su-37 and wasn't for sure if it was overkill. May have already been discussed, just missed it.

Picture was taken from Hobby Lobby site:
That's kinda what the plane was designed for right from the beginning eh, Steve?
Funny that you missed that both of the 2 first documented flights with this plane was using 2 LSPJs

/Fredrik
Frojd is offline Find More Posts by Frojd
Old Apr 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2002
2,898 Posts
I've been preoccupied with other things for the past 6 weeks or so, and not keeping up with the cool stuff cooking here in ezoneland. Just hafta say you've got another winner on your hands here, Steve! And kudos to you too, docrob ... good job on that beta bird!

Looking forward to seeing all the replicas and variants this plan will surely generate!

Tom
Thomas Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Nelson
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:42 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
I started my SU37 this weekend. 28"WS, twin non-TV. BlueCor and Depron mixed parts. My first (yes, I know, ambitious) full fuse park jet. I've been getting a lot of stick time with my YAP F-14 and Eurofighter designs so the flight should be close to familiar. Should be able to hit the tip jar in a few weeks, thanks for these great plans Steve!

Steve, I noticed that you veered away from prop-saver style setups in this design. Any reason for this?

Chris.
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:35 PM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
[QUOTE=

Steve, I noticed that you veered away from prop-saver style setups in this design. Any reason for this?

Chris.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the high RPM of little screamers?
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Old May 01, 2007, 12:17 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,589 Posts
You got it, GOK! Propsavers are really only safe for less than 150W motors turning big diameter props slowly. LSPJs have way to much power and RPMs to safely use them. But that said, I am going away from them on all my park jets, anyway. Partly because I don't need them (I catch my jets 90% of the time) and partly because even when I do belly land I just haven't had a problem with the non-prop saver props doing any damage.

Glad to hear you're tackling this project, Toxic. Without the TV system, this really is a simply model to build so I doubt you'll have any trouble building it. You said you're going twin--which motors are you using? Let us know how it turns out!

Steve
Old May 02, 2007, 01:45 PM
Phlathead
Roseville, CA
Joined Aug 2006
624 Posts
Man, that .22" carbon tube looks huge in diameter! What would be a good choice of adhesive to place the rod? I have CA, ProBond, 5min Epoxy, UHU Creativ. I'm thinking 5min?
ToxicToast is offline Find More Posts by ToxicToast
Last edited by ToxicToast; May 02, 2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 02, 2007, 06:16 PM
6mmFlyRC
Joined Aug 2005
339 Posts
Go with the 5 min Epoxy.
CBflyguy is offline Find More Posts by CBflyguy
Old May 02, 2007, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2006
84 Posts
Parts template change

Steve, Ive finished the 115% f-15 and got a good 4 hours in on this baby today. I ended up finding a mismatch with the F-1 bulkhead and have a pic of the change. I see what happened...you modified the 2nd forward fuslage top doubler from a small strip to a shorter copy of the 1st forward fuslage top doubler. Anyway, got to get to bed so I can get crackin on this thing in the morning!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!
boa279 is offline Find More Posts by boa279
Old May 02, 2007, 10:28 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,589 Posts
Great catch, boa! Thanks for letting me know. Totally missed that one...
Old May 03, 2007, 11:40 AM
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Oct 2002
299 Posts
Su 27UB?

I've been contemplating this for a couple weeks now... Really like the lines of the 2 seat variants. Time to cut some foam this weekend, I think
RickG is offline Find More Posts by RickG
Old May 03, 2007, 01:48 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,589 Posts
I agree! The 2-seater really accentuates the "hooked beak" look of the Flanker, and looks great. I'm eager to see what you come up with!

By the way, is anyone else out there building one of these yet? Just curious--the thread's been a bit quiet for the past week.
Old May 03, 2007, 02:43 PM
Permanently Banned
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
deleted - see my blog
Larry
Larry3215 is offline Find More Posts by Larry3215
Last edited by Larry3215; Jun 28, 2007 at 03:32 AM.