GOK
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2007, 01:54 AM
I fly therefore I crash
Torrance, CA
Joined Sep 2006
919 Posts
Well the first maiden went poorly. On the second throw it nosed in and the motor ripped off. The second maiden with a reinforced motor mount was great. I flew it until the battery went dead, Yeah! I did nose it in twice but the carbon spar did its thing and the plane was virtually undamaged. The front 2" of the plane was crunched, easy fix. The extra carbon in the wings and fuz really kept the plane rigid. I think that made it faster. It's by far the fastest EPP jet I've put together so far.

GOK,
my SU is a 3ch non TV set up and I love it! It reminds me of my F-15 but faster.
fletchace is offline Find More Posts by fletchace
Last edited by fletchace; Apr 23, 2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 02:23 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Good to hear your maiden went relatively well.

And thanks for that info, I think I'll go ahead and build mine in its most basic form as well. Without even ailerons!

Cheers,

GOK
Old Apr 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
Joined Mar 2007
63 Posts
Some alternative colour schemes

Firstly I would like to go on the record as saying; this has to be the definitive discussion on Depron SU Flanker designs! Hands down.

I should really have started by expressing my heart felt thanks to Steve. Your make it look and sound so easy! Thanks Steve.

Ok now I have the out of my system. I though I might offer some paint schemes to those lucky enough to be building one of these master pieces before I get a chance too.

Im not sure it others have already researched some paint schemes other than 'basic grey' and the ever popular 'Russian Knights' but here they are none the less.
Wingman77 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman77
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:00 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Steve,

You must be tired of this by now, but can I be a pain and ask you to post tiled plans for the 28" version of this model?

I just don't know where I can get the untiled plans printed here.

Thanks in advance,

GOK
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:33 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2004
189 Posts
GOK,
Untiled plans can be printed with Adobe Acrobat Standard (not the free Reader only). It has an option for tiling large pages when you print. This way you can print on the largest papersize that you have available. I printed the 100% plan here at work on A3 paper on a regular laser printer. This resulted in 16 pages.

Helge
Helgeo is offline Find More Posts by Helgeo
Old Apr 24, 2007, 04:05 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Hmmm...

Thanks Helge,

I'll give that a try in th eoffice tomorrow then.

Cheers,

GOK
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Nice schemes, Wingman.

I'm still looking for something really different. I've stripped my -37, coated it with my 'TopSecretDocMix', primered and ready for a base coat of paint. I've spent the last 3 days searching for a scheme that would do justice to Steve's (IMHO) creme-de-la-creme design so far, but I've turned up zilch. If nothing else turns up, I'll either do mine in the Mig-29 OVT scheme or M 'n M (mix and match) something of my own.

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old Apr 24, 2007, 03:09 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOK
Steve,

You must be tired of this by now, but can I be a pain and ask you to post tiled plans for the 28" version of this model?

I just don't know where I can get the untiled plans printed here.

Thanks in advance,

GOK
No worries, GOK, I'd be glad to post 'em tonight when I get home from work.
jetset44 is online now Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:00 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
Tiled plans

GOK and anyone else interested,
I just posted tiled versions of all three scaled sizes in the original plans post here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=27

Steve
jetset44 is online now Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 25, 2007, 02:11 AM
GOK
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
Steve Thank You very much for these.

Cheers,

GOK
Old Apr 26, 2007, 05:41 AM
3 mi.south of mt Blanca,CO. 2 mi. out of the town of Blanca.
Joined Mar 2006
404 Posts
Doc,I think you should mix your own!Unless you plan on competing in a contest,you don't need documentation and it's just plain fun to design your own---just my 2cents.BTW, is there any other airframe differences between the 27&37 other than the canards?I have an AKM SU 27 I'm planning on converting to E-power.
8kasl is offline Find More Posts by 8kasl
Old Apr 26, 2007, 05:56 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Yeah, I've pretty much narrowed down my M 'n M scheme to one of two choices. My wires are here, time to start operating before I start painting

Doc
Old Apr 26, 2007, 05:59 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8kasl
Doc,I think you should mix your own!Unless you plan on competing in a contest,you don't need documentation and it's just plain fun to design your own---just my 2cents.BTW, is there any other airframe differences between the 27&37 other than the canards?I have an AKM SU 27 I'm planning on converting to E-power.
There are no MAJOR differences, apart from the canards, but many, many minor changes in the different variants of the 27 and 37. They're just too confusing, as Steve and I discussed in another thread, so I've pretty much given up on the numbers. For example, just the Su-30 comes in about 6 variants, both with and without canards - go figure .

Doc
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
3 mi.south of mt Blanca,CO. 2 mi. out of the town of Blanca.
Joined Mar 2006
404 Posts
Thanks Doc
8kasl is offline Find More Posts by 8kasl