HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot
Craig, you can't run two brushless motors on one ESC. They have trouble running in sync...

I also have a DX6 so would be interested to know what you use to get the TV working on it.

Dean.
Ok, so instead of two motors and one ESC, I just move the Y-adaptor back a little farther and run two motors, two ESC's, Y-them together so as to only take up one channel.

Now with 6-channels and 2-mixes, I have pitch TV. If I had another two mixes, I could do roll TV as well.

The DX6 has only 3 mixes and the new DX6i has 2 mixes. If I could get 4 mixes, I could do everything but yaw TV but since I'm going to tie the two ESC's together on one channel anyway, no biggie.

That would work......wouldn't it?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
cmala,

Yup, it works wonderfully - that's the exact setup I have in mine. Although the TV does make for some bizaar aero's, I leave it off most of the time. This aircraft is *very* pitch sensitive, so it doesn't take much to get some huge alpha going. The TV I use for very slow (ie walking pace) or tumbling. Never on at high speed (>20mph) as I think it'd rip the thing apart, even though it's got a carbon tube AND glassed wings! I'd love to have a g-meter on it...

Odysis
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:21 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Excellent! Thanks Odysis

Looks like I'll be going gigahertz pretty soon. I guess I can keep my FM at least until I can stockpile some Spektrum receivers. I only have 4 FM receivers flying right now.

I got the TV servos installed tonight and got the 4 nacelle sides mounted on the wing, started on the vertical stabilizers.

Does anyone have any pictures they can show of how the vertical stabilizers are shaped with the side rails? I'm not really clear on how these should be shaped. The pictures in the construction guide don't match the finished model and I just don't know what it's supposed to look like.

Thanks
Craig
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:31 PM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Craig,
I can't take a photo right now, my camera's batteries are on charge (guess who left it on over the weekend?), but www.su27.de has some excellect photos of an extremely detailed model. Yup, it's not a -37, but most of the airframe's the same... Sorry I can't be of more help.

Odysis
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:20 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Craig, I'm not too sure about which pictures you're looking for. When Steve and I were doing our simultaneous beta build, I documented my build pretty comprehensively on my website. You can find my build log here.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:37 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,081 Posts
Re mixers.
There are several onboard electronic mixers available - GWS do a simple aleron/elevator mixer, but some are highly programmable - maybe someone will chip in with URLs ?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Fairfax, Vt USA
Joined May 2006
7 Posts
Greetings everyone. I've been shadowing this thread since the since it was first started and FINALLY the Vermont weather gave me a chance to test fly my Flanker. This is a single motor version with no thrust vectoring but its still plenty maneuverable and fast. Maybe now the weather will let up enough for me to test fly my OTHER project. Thanks!

Rick
rallyman1us is offline Find More Posts by rallyman1us
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:59 PM
United States, TN, Blountville
Joined Oct 2002
3,641 Posts
Very nice SU-37 and Coast Guard chopper. May they both have long lives in your hangar and give you enjoyment flying them.

RAFster
David
RAFster is online now Find More Posts by RAFster
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,303 Posts
Rallyman--- Sweet Terminator!!
Makes me want to pull mine back out and finish it up!
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Thanks Odysis and Doc, those helped. I'm glueing the fuselage on now. What a pain. Depron does bend with heat better than BlueCor but I snapped one of the fuselage sides in half. Glued it back together....no biggie. The look on my wife's face was priceless though.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 02:10 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,616 Posts
NICE looking model, Rick! Thanks for the pics.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Jan 16, 2008, 03:56 AM
Linköping Sweden
Joined Nov 2006
960 Posts
Nice job Rick I especially like that paint scheme You did a fantastic job.
Is that a 100% sized Terminator?
Nadim is offline Find More Posts by Nadim
Old Jan 18, 2008, 07:18 AM
Linköping Sweden
Joined Nov 2006
960 Posts
I took my Su-37 out for flying today, it’s been about 2 months since I flown her. I had changed to another motor mount yesterday. It didn’t turn out so good the motor mount was pointing a bit to the left. The plane wanted to yaw to the left all the time. I didn’t think it would be so noticeable in the air but I was wrong! The plane was totally uncontrollable at 50% throttle and up. I had a bit of luck at the first launch, as soon as I recognized that something was wrong I just reduced the throttle to 0% and took here straight down. Second launch, she climbed about 50 ft, I tried to turn her around but it was totally impossible and she was heading toward some houses. I had to take her down fast, and so I did, but she landed hard. She broke of about 10” back from the nose tip. I decided not to repair her. I’m going to build myself a new one as soon as I’ll have some time.

I have had about 110 flights on her since I finished her in July last year.
Nadim is offline Find More Posts by Nadim
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
That stinks Nadim. At least it is repairable if you decide to.

Anyone have any comments on motor selection? I was thinking about the 2212-06 from Grayson. I have one of those on my F18 and it has lots of power. I would be using 2 of them on this plane and $40 for motor and ESC is much better than the LSPJ.

The only thing is that the one on my F-18 draws about 23 amps.

Craig
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:00 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,981 Posts
Wow...with two of those it's going to be one heck of a rocket. You'll probably need two batteries (one for each). My 27oz SU-27 had almost unlimited vertical and Doppler passes at 90ish MPH with one of those motors. Like I told you at the field yesterday, check out www.lightflightrc.com they have great combo deals too. Also, You may want to look at the 2208-12, you should be able to comfortably run two of those on one 2100 20C-range battery. That's what I am considering for a TV version of my X-41.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!