HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2007, 08:06 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
23,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrob
I think just to spite you, you ornery ol' man, I'll go and fiberglass and paint it

Doc
In this case, "the means justify the end".

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2007, 08:11 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Thanks, Simon, I'll pass on your kudos to Ravi too

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old Apr 09, 2007, 08:18 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
ohmigod !!!!!! He's been scheming to get me to FG it all along

Doc
Old Apr 09, 2007, 08:18 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Technically Kevin Cox's F(oamy)-18 Twin Midifan Jet would be the first 1Kw foam jet, but Lucien's build will be the first Foamy Pusher, which is much more impressive
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Apr 09, 2007, 08:25 AM
Joined Apr 2005
302 Posts
here is another mig 1.44

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657044
superscott is offline Find More Posts by superscott
Old Apr 10, 2007, 04:01 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
All of these are nontiled plans since it seems like most folks (like me) are leaning away from assembling tiled plans. It's just so much easier to pay Kinkos $5 to print one-piece plans than to meticulously trim and tape together 30 or more sheets of paper. But if anybody does prefer tiled, let me know and I'll post 'em.

Steve
If its not too much of a hassle.... Could you please post tiled plans for the Single PJ one??? Would be much appreciated
Vic.
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Apr 10, 2007, 04:57 PM
That thing's operational!
New Orleans/Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
4,706 Posts
Doc and J,

You guys are too much.
birdlives1955 is offline Find More Posts by birdlives1955
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:52 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMigKiller
If its not too much of a hassle.... Could you please post tiled plans for the Single PJ one??? Would be much appreciated
Vic.
No problem. Here you go, Vic.

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
Mike
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Jul 2003
919 Posts
Steve, once again, great job! I have the plans printed and am awaiting my depron order. Hope to make the SU 37 with a single in the middle and a 3mm fake bottom to hide the wires. Will keep you posted.
i12flyrc is offline Find More Posts by i12flyrc
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:15 AM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,241 Posts
Well Steve, once again you have outdone yourself! What an awesome model! I am definately going to have to build one of these! I have to get my L-39 done first though... I've got the "jet" bug again...

I do think with the newer, lighter power systems available, we are going to start seeing some more realy cool depron jets, both pusher and EDF, that perform the way we want our jets to perform and are designed from the outset to take advantage of the power. I for one am excited at the possibilities.

Tim H.
Tim H. is offline Find More Posts by Tim H.
Last edited by Tim H.; Apr 11, 2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Fontanafredda
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Great video Doc...I knew you were going to beat Steve at getting a video out! No offense Steve.

She looks increadibly stable but ready to get crazy when you want too. And those loops (more like flips) are just awesome. Can't wait to see her all dressed up and ready for the next dance! I see you've been watching Discreetfire's bling thread...the 37 would be a great candidate for a little bling job itself.

Now Steve, it's time for some video from you showing your awesome low and slow aerobatics show. You really know how to put your designs through all kinds of maneuvers in a really small area.
R/C Dallas is offline Find More Posts by R/C Dallas
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Dallas
...I knew you were going to beat Steve at getting a video out! No offense Steve.

Now I'm just waiting for Steve's next mail or PM asking me to join him on his next beta build

Doc
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:31 AM
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Fontanafredda
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrob

Now I'm just waiting for Steve's next mail or PM asking me to join him on his next beta build

Doc
Me Too Doc...me too!!!
R/C Dallas is offline Find More Posts by R/C Dallas
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:15 AM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
Steve,

As always.. very well done! I am very happy you went all the way and designed this bird to the enth degree of what people would want out of it. I remember talking about this bird with you nearly a year ago.. nice to see it in all its glory finally

Dosc, great vid.. glad you caught the fire before to much damage was done.

Just wondering if it was just my imagination, or does the full TV bird not do rolls very well. Might be just that in this video he was underpowered.. but wanted to hear from others who have this bird flying. Seemed to more cork screw, than roll..
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old Apr 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,568 Posts
Platinum - You are correct--this model does not roll nearly as quickly as my other park jets. That's because it uses tailerons, which simply aren't as effective as ailerons. Tailerons also make it more difficult to do a pure axial roll since it's harder to separate the pitch and roll inputs, thus most rolls tend to corkscrew a bit. However, you certainly could install ailerons (or flaperons) into this model if you want to. I just chose not to because the tailerons are simpler and provide a good enough (and reasonably scale) roll rate.

Dallas - I'll definitely post a flight video soon, but first I need to paint my model. Should be done in a couple weeks.

Tim - Great to hear from you! Thanks for the kudos. I too am giddy with excitement over what the current state of the art in electric power systems can do!
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44