HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:01 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
thanks,I would gladly paypal you for some ace combat decals for it.I dont have the means to produce any.Please let me know.It would be a great final touch.
pp is evalith8@yahoo.com.
Please consider it.
Thanks again
Sent you a PM...

If anyone needs the images for the decals, here they are.
T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by T3chDad; Dec 05, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
868 Posts
Bob I got the stickers & they really made the plane look great,nice finishing touch for sure.I had a few extras & put them on my Freewing SU 35.Thanks alot for the stickers!!!!
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,929 Posts
Happy to help buddy!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:01 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Russian Knights SU-37

I finally finished her... This to me is the holy grail of scratch-built parkjets. Does it really get any better than this? The plans were amazing and this jet just looks superb and very scale when it is completed. I know I did a little moaning and groaning about all the sanding, but the results, if you keep at it are worth it. It really does look like sex with wings!

I always loved the Russian Knights' paint schemes, so I thought I'd put a more modern twist on it. Since the RK fleet is comprised mainly of SU-27 and SU-30's, I tried to conceive a scheme for what an SU-37 would look like if adopted by the RK. I combined the latest scheme with a pic I saw of a Ukrainian SU-30 with a wicked digital paint scheme done in blues... The result is what you see below, I hope you like it...

Big thanks to Steve for his generosity and use of the plans and our numerous messages back and forth about mixes...you are a credit to the RC community and scratch-builders everywhere! If you appreciate his work and have the means, please donate to his Depron cause!

Also a special shout out to Vic and T3chDad who gave me a lot of advice along the way. T3chDad.com has a great secondary set of build pics that really helped out along the way, Thanks!

The build:
2x TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller
4x Turnigy TGY-113MG Metal Gear Digital Servo 2.2kg / 0.10s / 12g
2x Corona DS238MG Digital Metal Gear Servo 4.6kg/ 22g/ 0.14sec
2x Suppo 2212-6 2200kv motors w/ APC 6x4E and 6x4EP props
6mm Depron
Epoxy, gorilla glue and UHU Por
Base coat of lightweight poly spackle sealed with WBPU
Nacelle bottoms are glassed with carbon fiber tape strips and WBPU
Paint: Montana Gold Spray Acrylic, Createx Airbrush Acrylics applied with a Master airbrush and Iwata HP-SB airbrush
Panel lines were 1/16" and 1/32" chartpak tape

The mixes:
P1: Ailerons and elevator
P2: Ailerons, tailerons, differential throttle
P3: Ailerons, tailerons, differential throttle, and thrust vectoring

The only deviation from the plans you can see in the pics of the underbelly. I didn't want to mount my receiver in the nacelle for balance and antenna placement, so I center mounted it between the nacelles and covered it with half of a drop tank from parkflyerplastics.com. Turned out really clean. recessed Velcro mounted so it is still removable for repair/replacement.
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:32 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,929 Posts
That's AMAZING! The colors are perfect. I love the digital camo scheme. You definitely have a plane you can be proud of there!

RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:47 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,168 Posts
Very well done Levi
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Excellent work Levictus! You definitely put my planes to shame, what incredible attention to detail! I can't wait to see her fly. Definitely post your videos.

Vic
vicentel is offline Find More Posts by vicentel
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
fortuna favet fortibus
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
834 Posts
Well done Levictus. Excellent Job. Indeed a holy grail. One for the hall of fame!
Wobisch is offline Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Wobisch; Dec 17, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:25 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,608 Posts
WOW!! Great job, Levictus, that model is a BEAUTY! I love that paint scheme and the panel line details, and the nacelle detailing is especially nice. What is your final AUW?

I agree with the "sex with wings" comment, to me few airplanes are as gorgeous as the Sukhoi 27/37 family. The curves are just amazing on that bird...

You're welcome for the plans. I'm thrilled to see what guys like you do with them!

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Now finished my SU-37 DF, here's a video
СУ-37 импеллер (3 min 22 sec)
delfin05 is offline Find More Posts by delfin05
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:02 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,929 Posts
Nice job! Thanks for showing it off. Nice flying too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:30 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
T3chDad, Alpea, Vic, Wobisch, and Steve...thanks for the kind words. Nice compliments from some of he best designers/builders/pilots on this or any other thread. Love this plane!
Steve, will,get you my AUW when I get a hot second...imagine it will be a bit heavier as there are a few layers of wbpu on there. Had to spray coats between color masking so I didn't get any peel up. Alpea, thought if you during this build and your profile pic! Was going to add that hydraulic leak to make it authentic Russian!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfin05 View Post
Now finished my SU-37 DF, here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHogy...ature=youtu.be
SU 37 EDF (3 min 1 sec)
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:31 AM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Delfin05, cool build, like the green scheme! Wow, it sure looks cold where you are...gave me chills just watching that vid!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
Hi, I live in Russia, Rostov-on-Don.for positive feedback thanks, to me this plane too very much.