HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
Sweet maiden vlada, love the high alpha and floaty flying! Congrats! Can't wait to see her painted!
That wasn't his maiden..i was a profile Su-37 with a center motor/prop. Nevertheless, great video and flying.
T3chDad is online now Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Serbia, Central Serbia, Valjevo
Joined May 2011
16 Posts
Thanks guys, glad you like the video. Levictus, I'll have to disappoint you, because this model is no longer flying.
vlada is offline Find More Posts by vlada
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:30 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Yikes, my bad...
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:31 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Hey all you SU-37 builders and fans!

HELP ME OUT!...I have made a couple different layouts for my current Shumate SU-37 build, and am having difficulty deciding on the paint scheme. Vote now and help influence me in the direction you want to see the build go and what it will ultimately look like! you opinion and time are appreciated! You are also welcome to make additional comments as you see fit. Here is the link:

(Link removed due to lack if interest/re-evaluation)
Last edited by Levictus; Oct 06, 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: (Link removed due to lack if interest/re-evaluation)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
I just ordered one as an early winter project.I noticed on the website their is no listing for the 2 motors/esc as a combo or do you purchase them 2 at a time.
If some one could post a link Id appreciate it.I figure its best to get the esc/motors before getting to far along into the build.I already got some servos & an rx.
Thanks
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
Crash Test Pilot
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Making Progress...The build is on!

I'm loving building this plane already!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:59 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Looking good so far!
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:55 AM
Serbia, Central Serbia, Valjevo
Joined May 2011
16 Posts
almost completed model
vlada is offline Find More Posts by vlada
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,961 Posts
Levictus, vlada, Looking good there!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:03 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
870 Posts
mine should be here mid week,shipped yesterday.As Ive looked through this thread Ive gotten alot of ideas for this plane.First of all the paint jobs Ive seen are pretty sick,the ace combat 4 is the baddest of them all,I hate to not be original but I think Ill have to go with that one.As far as setup goes Ive ordered the v3 parkjet screamers & 30 amp plush esc's.Last open ended area is whether to use ailerons or not.I plan on using rudders & the 3 axis TV setup for sure.
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:01 AM
fortuna favet fortibus
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
896 Posts
T3chDad
am I right that you are using the Six Series Brushless 2700Kv without gear box at the SU-37?
Would you also recommend that setup for the Super Bandit Parkjet
Regards
Wobisch
Wobisch is offline Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:26 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobisch View Post
T3chDad
am I right that you are using the Six Series Brushless 2700Kv without gear box at the SU-37?
Would you also recommend that setup for the Super Bandit Parkjet
Regards
Wobisch
That is correct. I would recommend this motor for anything you want to go FAST.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:03 PM
Warriors
United States, MI, Farmington Hills
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Steve,

First of all, I would like to thank you for putting these wonderful plans for various fighter planes. I have already completed Polaris and flying it and loving it. I especially like fighter jets and within that this SU-37. This will be my winter project.

T3chDad,

I like your setup to build SU-37 with single motor. I went thru your post where you have mentioned specifications. So basically for 32oz plane, you are getting 500W power with 3 cells with 6x4 prop and that E-flite 2700kv motor. You are getting 100mph speed with that combination. Does that mean as a rule of thumb, in order to get higher speed we should have atleast 200W/pound.

I am new to this hobby and there are so many motors outs there with different size props, I am getting overwhelmed when I am going online to shop. I read somewhere that higher the kv for the motor faster the plane with fly. Is that right or I have to look for max power that motor can give.

Thanks
Anant
anantken is offline Find More Posts by anantken
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantken View Post
T3chDad,

I like your setup to build SU-37 with single motor. I went thru your post where you have mentioned specifications. So basically for 32oz plane, you are getting 500W power with 3 cells with 6x4 prop and that E-flite 2700kv motor. You are getting 100mph speed with that combination. Does that mean as a rule of thumb, in order to get higher speed we should have atleast 200W/pound.

I am new to this hobby and there are so many motors outs there with different size props, I am getting overwhelmed when I am going online to shop. I read somewhere that higher the kv for the motor faster the plane with fly. Is that right or I have to look for max power that motor can give.

Thanks
Anant
I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. There are so many factors involved in going fast. I don't think it's as simple as 200W/pound. I remember reading several years ago that a general rule of thumb for park jets is that you should have at least 150W/pound to have a good performance envelope. In my case, I had one of the Grayson Super Mega motor that threw a magnet in flight and seized. After that, I took the plane into my LHS, slapped it down on the counter and said "I need a motor for this..." He suggested the EFlite Six 2700kv. I put a 6x4P prop on it and was very happy with the results. Also, keep in mind that those specs were STATIC and the current was likely less in the air. I hope that rant helps... Feel free to keep the questions coming, and I'll do my best to help.

I missed the second question. The kv of a motor is the number of RPM per volt input...unloaded I believe. So the higher the kv, the faster it will turn. Also, in many cases, the higher the kv, the less powerful three motor is. It's a magical balance between kv, Max amps, prop size and pitch, battery and ESC specs. IMO, for a jet, you want a Motor that has a kv between 2000-3000 that is also capable of high amp draw. For many foamy jets,a good all-around motor is the 2212-06 generic motors. If memory serves, they're 2200kv and can handle 25A. They will turn several different props so you can use them in slightly differing situations. Two of them would power this Flanker quite well. Also they can be had for around $15.

Anyone can feel free to jump in with a more accurate explanation if they like. This is just my understanding and my experience...I hope it makes sense and helps you.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by T3chDad; Oct 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
Warriors
United States, MI, Farmington Hills
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Thanks Bob for the detailed explanation. I guess I will have more questions as I start building this. I just wanted to get ready to order the electronics before I start cutting the foam.
anantken is offline Find More Posts by anantken