HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:24 AM
fortuna favet fortibus
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
863 Posts
Pictures with Decal

Hi folks. These are the last pictures before maiden. Decal is ready. Now I'm going to finish my Super Bandit project.

I hope my Suzi will fly as good as she looks. I plan to do maiden without thrust vectoring. I will post a video.

Andy
Wobisch is online now Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:50 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,935 Posts
Yeah...I guess it's ok...

Even better man...I know what you mean about "can't stop touching her". Great job on the panel lines. Good luck with the maiden!

T3chDad is offline Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sandy, UT
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
Las Vegas Event

In post #222 and others, mention of an event held in Las Vegas in the month of November was made. (circa 2007)

Is this event still being held annually? If so, would somebody kindly post the particulars for me as I would definitely attend.

Steve
Foggy minded mountain man
y2k6vette is offline Find More Posts by y2k6vette
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Wobisch! Amazing looking! What did you use for panel lines? I used a Sharpie on my F-15 (my first build I just finished yesterday) and when I gave The final wbpu coat the marker bled, even with multiple light coats. Can't wait to see your maiden as this is my next build...
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,556 Posts
Maidened mine last week, flew fantastic till I did a tight loop with to much speed and the front fuslage just in front of the canards parted company. Amazingly the two sections floated gently to the ground with little damage. Would not ave bothered to repair but it flew so well I repaired it with some carbon strip to strengthen the front end and will fly again this weekend.
glenbees is online now Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,612 Posts
ichoen - Congrats on the successful maiden! You're welcome for the plans. Just out of curiousity, where are you from?

wobisch - Wow, that beauty just keeps looking better! Good luck on that maiden flight. I agree with leaving the TV off for the first flight, you don't need it and can be a distraction. Get comfortable with the model first, then try out the TV.

glenbees - Wow, I've never heard of that before. The front fuselage isn't particularly strong, but I thought it was strong enough. Do you have a big battery in the nose? The combo of a big battery, a high g pull-up, and perhaps a weak glue joint or two could probably cause this....
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44 View Post
ichoen - Congrats on the successful maiden! You're welcome for the plans. Just out of curiousity, where are you from?
Thank you very much jetset44, I come from Indonesia, and it was the first plane I have and make my own, I am very happy with it especially successful maiden flight
ichoen is offline Find More Posts by ichoen
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Maidened mine last week, flew fantastic till I did a tight loop with to much speed and the front fuslage just in front of the canards parted company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44 View Post
glenbees - Wow, I've never heard of that before. The front fuselage isn't particularly strong, but I thought it was strong enough. Do you have a big battery in the nose? The combo of a big battery, a high g pull-up, and perhaps a weak glue joint or two could probably cause this....
I've had this problem with the nose separating but my plane is bigger with a bigger battery in the nose. I've had to place carbon rods down the length of the nose, 2 rods in fact, to strengthen it from the flex due to the heavy battery and belly landings.
vicentel is offline Find More Posts by vicentel
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichoen View Post
Thank you very much jetset44, I come from Indonesia, and it was the first plane I have and make my own, I am very happy with it especially successful maiden flight
Glad to hear it. I'm thrilled to see my design flying in Indonesia, too! Thanks for sharing your work.

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:43 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,275 Posts
Very nice wobisch... But it doesn't look like a real Russian jet unless there's hydralic fluid leaking off the wing leading edge like the Suzzie in my avatar...lol And if you look closely in the pic. that slat is dropping a little
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Jun 2003
1,556 Posts
Jetset, yes I did have a bigger battery 3200 in fact, thought as well use the bigger battery instead of lead to balance it. Also put some carbon down each side for strength will see how it goes tomorrow.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
Kiss the Sky
Dorking, Surrey, UK
Joined Jul 2006
2,862 Posts
Really beautiful model you haave built there wobisch.Good luck on maiden, am looking forward to some in flight pics or video?
On a different subject, It would seem to me, merely guessing, this SU 37 looks like the most popular/successful of Steve's designs for EDF converstion, of which there are some great examples in this thread? if I am right, I wonder why this, of all Steve's designs? There obviously are EDF, Steve Schumate designs, i.e. a few F-15, F-22 plus a very occaisional F-14 (I know I have missed out a couple of models, the Bandit for example, I haven't woken up yet! )
electriceye is offline Find More Posts by electriceye
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Jun 2003
1,556 Posts
Two more successfully flights yesterday, plenty of power in fact bit reluctant to apply full power. Two perfect landings. Will think about a colour scheme now. I will glass the two nacelles as I think they needs bit of strength for hand launching and landing on our field.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Kiss the Sky
Dorking, Surrey, UK
Joined Jul 2006
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Two more successfully flights yesterday, plenty of power in fact bit reluctant to apply full power. Two perfect landings. Will think about a colour scheme now. I will glass the two nacelles as I think they needs bit of strength for hand launching and landing on our field.
Good news!! Any pics or vids ?
electriceye is offline Find More Posts by electriceye
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:32 PM
Sandy, UT
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
Parts List

Jetset44 or any other SU27 Flanker builder,

Could you tell me what post # would have a complete parts list and where to purchase all of it.

Would like to get started ASAP.

Thanks for your help,
Steve
y2k6vette is offline Find More Posts by y2k6vette