Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobisch View Post
Hi folks,
I guess my TV is on

https://vimeo.com/45382181
Hey Wobish,

Looking real nice with the TV. I am also enjoying your build, your technique is solid.

Vic
vicentel is offline Find More Posts by vicentel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSR View Post
Finally finished (My last post on this thread was #2184!) after a good solid year of procrastination. Thank Christ! 940g AUW After glassing and painting so I'm pretty happy. I won't be doing another glass over layered foam for a while I think. Way too much f***in around for my liking. Maiden will have to wait till the new batteries arrive as the one I have that'll do the job doesn't weigh enough in the nose.
Was that the Cobra color scheme you posted? Regardless, your finish looks awesome. Also 33oz AUW (that includes the battery right?) is pretty light considering the glassing.

Vic
vicentel is offline Find More Posts by vicentel
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:11 PM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Belfast
Joined Jun 2011
339 Posts
Oh man not glassing! Haha. Now I will probably have to do that to mine as well. I had considered it but after seeing yours and how good it looks. Wow. I've just spent the past couple days building the TV motor mounts. This afternoon I was able to hook them up to my RX and try them out. After following an earlier post about mixes on the DX7 I had to change a couple things to get elevators moving properly. Now... I have aileron movement in left hand motor only. Tried a couple things and so far no luck. Following the setup from post #2107.

I'm also looking to hook up ailerons so if anyone can help me wow would I ever appreciate it.
Shane Sunday is online now Find More Posts by Shane Sunday
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hull
Joined Aug 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Sunday View Post
Oh man not glassing! Haha. Now I will probably have to do that to mine as well. I had considered it but after seeing yours and how good it looks. Wow.
It does look good, well done that man.

Im seriously thinking to do my 150% jetset f18 completely with glass.

found this vid with using poly...

F-14 fiberglassing (10 min 5 sec)
Marlbororman is offline Find More Posts by Marlbororman
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
Dunedin, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
191 Posts
Thanks guys. Yep, thats the cobra colours except for the white belly and russian stars. I had to give a nod to the ruskies somewhere, so it's kind of a blend. And yep again to the 33oz including the 2200mAh battery. The glass is only single layer on the large areas with double layer over the edges. I did use dry foam brushes to suck up any excess polyurethane after each coat which works a treat.
JMSR is offline Find More Posts by JMSR
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:24 AM
fortuna favet fortibus
Schweiz, AG, Merenschwand
Joined Oct 2011
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Sunday View Post
Oh man not glassing! Haha. Now I will probably have to do that to mine as well. I had considered it but after seeing yours and how good it looks. Wow. I've just spent the past couple days building the TV motor mounts. This afternoon I was able to hook them up to my RX and try them out. After following an earlier post about mixes on the DX7 I had to change a couple things to get elevators moving properly. Now... I have aileron movement in left hand motor only. Tried a couple things and so far no luck. Following the setup from post #2107.

I'm also looking to hook up ailerons so if anyone can help me wow would I ever appreciate it.
I first had problems with the aileron movement on one motor as well. Both motors moved to the same direction. Then I changed one Motor mixer from +100% to -100% and it worked fine, going in the right direction now. I operate it with a Graupner MX-20 and this is probably different than to the DX7.
Wobisch is offline Find More Posts by Wobisch
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
Lisbon, Portugal, Europe
Joined Nov 2009
114 Posts
SU - 37 - 3D Aerobatic

This is my SU-37 based on Steve Shumate plans. This plane is a little bit simpler (semi-profile, fully functional canards and KF airfoil number 4 - top and bottom for aerobatics).

It also has a simple form of vectorial thrust and it flies great. Ive posted a video below while performing some 3D aerobatics. Hope you enjoy.

SU 37 JMB+ (9 min 36 sec)

More detailed information about the airplane:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post21542647

Follow your dreams and fly like there is no tomorrow,

Bernardo,
Lisbon, Europe, Portugal
jmrpb is offline Find More Posts by jmrpb
Last edited by jmrpb; Jan 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: New video link
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
monkeybopster
newcastle
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
hi all little help if anyone can.... im planning on building this awsome jet but i have never flown many things that require more that 4channel HA!!!!
my problem is im not sure how to set the mix up on my Turnigy tx9 TX has anyone else got one and can explain how to set up the TV switch to turn TV off and on.......

thanks in advance guys start my build tomorrow so wish me luck will gst my pics posted
monkeybopster is offline Find More Posts by monkeybopster
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:34 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Hmmm I need to start building my 6mm kit. ARF's have made me lazy these days!
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:45 PM
Kiss the Sky
Dorking, Surrey, UK
Joined Jul 2006
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrpb View Post
SU - 37 - 3D Aerobatic

This is my SU-37 based on Steve Shumate plans. This plane is a little bit simpler (semi-profile, fully functional canards and KF airfoil number 4 - top and bottom for aerobatics).

It also has a simple form of vectorial thrust and it flies great. Ive posted a video below while performing some 3D aerobatics. Hope you enjoy.

[
More detailed information about the airplane:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post21542647

Follow your dreams and fly like there is no tomorrow,

Bernardo,
Lisbon, Europe, Portugal
Awesome!! Nothing else to say other than awesome!!
electriceye is offline Find More Posts by electriceye
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
monkeybopster
newcastle
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
hi all managed to sort out the mix issue i had but had to use my 4th channed (rudder) as a channel i could mix for the |TV so dont have the option for a rudder anymore. decided to make my own TV mounts see what you think.

this one i have done is at 125% scale from the origonal plans (did not expect it to be so big once complete Ha!!!!
monkeybopster is offline Find More Posts by monkeybopster
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
Dunedin, New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
191 Posts
That's big alright. The 100% surprised me enough to make me think 'what the bleep have I got myself into'. I still haven't flown her yet. Just have to sort out the batts, do the CG, and set up the Tx.
She sits in the corner of the lounge and stares at me, daring me to risk it all. In the few seconds after I let her go she will either laugh at me with glee as she hurls into the ground, or she will embrace my mind and together we will achieve true bliss. Above all we must remember, 'If you love her let her go. If she returns then that is love. If she plummets to the ground and smashes in the mud then maybe bursts into flame. Then, alas it was never meant to be or you're a bit of a dick for forgetting something.
JMSR is offline Find More Posts by JMSR
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:54 AM
Australia, NSW, Plumpton
Joined Jan 2008
406 Posts
any one there who tried ebay motor on it ? from ebay shopping is easy for me does any one know which motor from ebay i can buy for this plan? i want to use two motor plss..
aqkhana2002 is offline Find More Posts by aqkhana2002
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Don't like eBay for buying equipment like this, you can buy good motors and equipment from reputable dealers or your LHS as cheap or cheaper and get quality equipment and help. The 2212-06 is pretty much the standard motor on the pusher jets, some may use a couple of others now and then, read through some of the later pages and I'm sure you will see motor usage. W
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:11 AM
69-France
Joined May 2010
47 Posts
Hello everyone,
I had been sick from bad food in Africa and had to stay home for one month. During this time I built the Model Aero Aquacat, very-very funny model. Now I'm starting the SU-37 (I bought it as a kit on 6mm) but I'm a little confuse about the motors: If I read this forum well I think I should get from Grason Hobby 2x supersonic V2 (http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...mbo-p-414.html)
AND NOT 2xsuper mega jet (http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...esc-p-645.html)
Am I right ? There are so many models even at Grayson Hobby !!!

Have a good week !
Laurent
Le Z Turbo is offline Find More Posts by Le Z Turbo