HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:33 AM
geordie land,uk
Joined Nov 2005
893 Posts
I have the canards working on mine and this keeps the nose up in turns.
simonslim is online now Find More Posts by simonslim
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
Joined Jul 2010
45 Posts
thanks for that Alpea

better news than i expected ! i wondered if the 45 (or so) degree angle of the blocked intakes might make it pitch the nose up. not so worried if it does it a touch, but wary of doing a cobra on launch

Simon ... fixed canards on this one, when i bought it they were operational but a bit worn, so i fixed them.
jdgto is offline Find More Posts by jdgto
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:56 AM
Flyboys Singapore
Singapore
Joined Aug 2008
84 Posts
hmmm

hi guys, my first post in this thread. I'm glad this thread is still alive cause I just started my build. Don't know whether this has been done before cause i didnt read the whole page here but heres a vid on my build. More to come definitely...

Parkjet SU 37 Retract Test (1 min 17 sec)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQKUXKqx18I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
romihensem is offline Find More Posts by romihensem
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:41 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
844 Posts
I am going to have fixed canards to make things simpler. Would it be beneficial to have them at a specific angle or should I just try to get them dead flat?
Thanks
JIm
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,921 Posts
Very cool romihensem! Can't wait to see the finished product.
T3chDad is online now Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3chDad View Post
Very cool romihensem! Can't wait to see the finished product.
that makes two of us. Finish it already!
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:58 AM
Flyboys Singapore
Singapore
Joined Aug 2008
84 Posts
hmmm

Thanx guys, although i'm very bad with cutting and sanding, i'll try my best on this one.

@jim, i am actually thinking of doing the canards fixed flat w/o angles for this one and am also worried whether will it have any diff there.

@techdad thanx bro. i am really impressed with yr videos and how its made. what software u sing on that one?

@camala any pics for inspiration?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:57 AM
Bob Templeton
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Apr 2007
3,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romihensem View Post
@techdad thanx bro. i am really impressed with yr videos and how its made. what software u sing on that one?
Thanks for the complement. I used Windows Movie Maker v2.6. Audacity was used for some of the sound pre-processing and mixing. Title screens and graphics were created in PaintShopPro X2.
T3chDad is online now Find More Posts by T3chDad
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Flight Log Update!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:19 AM
Flyboys Singapore
Singapore
Joined Aug 2008
84 Posts
hmmm

thanx for the info techdad. might give the software a go sometimes...

anyway just finished my full gears. however i dont seem to find an idea to make the gear door work without adding additional servo. anyone have idea on this? perhaps can give me yr kind inputs... hehehe

i am really lazy on sanding so i guess i'll give the best of my ability on this.... hopefully i can muster the patience required....

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K1WraPKOLzI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Parkjet SU 37 Full Retract Test (1 min 37 sec)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:19 AM
Flyboys Singapore
Singapore
Joined Aug 2008
84 Posts
hmmm

btw, how come my embed always doesnt work?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:06 AM
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined May 2007
973 Posts
Just cut and paste the URL from youtube directly into the response window. It will automatically embed...

Parkjet SU 37 Retract Test (1 min 17 sec)
wilmracer is online now Find More Posts by wilmracer
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:13 AM
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined May 2007
973 Posts
I'm running into a similar issue with my big tomcat... I've given up looking for a good mechanical solution and will just be adding 1 servo per door. You may be able to get away with just two sub-micro servos... 1 for the nose gear door and 1 combined with some bell cranks for the rear two doors. If you got real creative with the bell cranks and pushrods I suppose you could make one servo work, but the linkages would be a trick.
wilmracer is online now Find More Posts by wilmracer
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
geordie land,uk
Joined Nov 2005
893 Posts
Well I finally decided to put some colour on mine after nearly 80 flights. I still need to do the nose, canopy and the underside, but I think it is looking canny. It should be a bit easier to see too, we've had a lot of cloudy weather lately and this thing nearly disappears in it's naked dark grey depron. I found some gold and silver kids paint while shopping with the missus, I always find something. It looks great for the engine and I mixed a bit of black in for the tail pipes.
simonslim is online now Find More Posts by simonslim
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
Lancashire, UK
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romihensem View Post
thanx for the info techdad. might give the software a go sometimes...

anyway just finished my full gears. however i dont seem to find an idea to make the gear door work without adding additional servo. anyone have idea on this? perhaps can give me yr kind inputs... hehehe

Hi,

did you try to attach a string to the two doors infront of the gear arm, when the gear close it will pull the string and close the doors. see pic
wise20 is offline Find More Posts by wise20
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:47 PM
Flyboys Singapore
Singapore
Joined Aug 2008
84 Posts
hmmm

Hi wise. I tried that method using rubber band as posted by a guy in youtube video. Theres another method using a metal rod. But the band tends to stretch and rip my foam. I tried using the rod method but my servos just doesnt have enough torque to push it in. I think i'll try using yr method with nichrome wire cause its very soft and easy to work with. It also doesnt stretch.

http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=F4ajhVv_Knc

http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=vpaeu90NgMU