SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2007, 12:03 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBflyguy
We are ready to go. For those of you wondering if there is a lot of cutting on this bird, I can tell you yes. This design is by far consumes the most foam, it's taking about 3.5 big sheets with a good layout.

We will take orders today, shipping on the 23rd. As always, hardware for the dual TV system, clear canopy, laser cut depron, etc. The usual.

Again, its been said a million times, but one more is in order. A big thanks to Steve for putting this one together and a personal thanks for all the support you offer us day in and day out. Thanks!

http://www.6mmflyrc.com

Catalog
http://www.6mmflyrc.com/original-series
WOO HOO! Glad to help. And thank you for the great service you guys are providing to the RC community!
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new wing man
A quick question doc, is it hard to handle the TV effects r u having to correct the settings (not to offend anyone) ? cause u have gone quiet after the video shoot.
Regards,
Sorry for the delay in replying, new wing man , sucks when professional and personal lives merge.

The flight characteristics of this plane are exactly as Steve described earlier. Without TV, the plane handles like a pussycat - it's nice and stately in the air, very gentle to handle, nice slow turns and loops. Rolls, on the other hand, are best left alone until you kick in your TV.

With TV on, it's a joy to fly, simply because it suddenly becomes capable of so much more. It won't do anything you don't want it to do - but the flight envelope immediately increases tenfold. It's a treat to watch it do tumbling loops and tighter rolls. I haven't set up yaw TV like Steve has, but I'm sure that makes for some crazy flying as well.

So, no adjustments are necessary to Steve's flawless setup and recommendations.

I haven't experienced the kind of power that Steve did in his early flights. I feel that's because he's got the hotter wind LSPJs (early lot) than I do. I might go with the SPJ's on this one when they come out. This baby deserves them

I've been quiet on this thread, partly because of professional committments, and partly because I've stripped my Su-37 to rewire it (see previous posts) and to paint it. Mine is now primered and I've applied the base coat of flat gray. I'm still cutting out the masks for the camo I've decided to use.

I can see this one taking a while before taking to the skies again

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old May 17, 2007, 08:26 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,707 Posts
You need to retire Doc so you can model fulltime.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old May 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Sigh, tell me about it, J, tell me about it.

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old May 18, 2007, 01:20 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Construction guide now available!

Attached below is a link to an illustrated construction guide for the Su-37 park jet. This guide is based on the one I developed for the 6mmflyrc kit, but has been customized to show the slightly different build procedures for the scratch build version relative to the kit version. This is a 4.5 MB PDF file. Enjoy!

Su-37 Construction Guide

Steve
Old May 18, 2007, 04:06 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2004
46 Posts
Su-37

Doc,

No probs, tq anyway for ur reply, i do understand "when works get in the way of play" it really get's ur B.P going.

On the stripping of the bird i've read the entire thread 1-14(time and time again) and I do remember the quote from J Morgan " it looked like speaker wire to me".

Anyway wish u all the best on the rebuild and painting, let her look awesome, we need to make the "Daddy" proud.

Regards,
new wing man is offline Find More Posts by new wing man
Old May 18, 2007, 04:19 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2004
46 Posts
Su-37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Attached below is a link to an illustrated construction guide for the Su-37 park jet. This guide is based on the one I developed for the 6mmflyrc kit, but has been customized to show the slightly different build procedures for the scratch build version relative to the kit version. This is a 4.5 MB PDF file. Enjoy!

Su-37 Construction Guide

Steve
OMG !!!! He's done it again, Steve u are beyond imagination, ur seem to be totally filled with generosity.

Mate, as a form of my appreciation I wish to contribute to ur Depron Fund, how best can I do it since I do not have a Paypal.

Regards,
new wing man is offline Find More Posts by new wing man
Old May 18, 2007, 08:02 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,707 Posts
Quote:
OMG !!!! He's done it again, Steve u are beyond imagination, ur seem to be totally filled with generosity.

Mate, as a form of my appreciation I wish to contribute to ur Depron Fund, how best can I do it since I do not have a Paypal.

Regards,
Send Steve a PM and he will give you his mailing address. That's how I did it.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2007, 09:35 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:

Su-37 Construction Guide

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the construction guide, I've posted it to the Parkjets website also. My last "Official" act while still down in Florida. I'll be leaving in about a week for the "Great White North" 6 months away from home feels like a jail sentence LOL

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!!!
Tom
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old May 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCParkflyer
Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for the construction guide, I've posted it to the Parkjets website also. My last "Official" act while still down in Florida. I'll be leaving in about a week for the "Great White North" 6 months away from home feels like a jail sentence LOL

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!!!
Tom
Thanks a ton, Tom! I thought about including a sentence in my post asking you to do that, but somehow I knew you'd see it and do it right away without me asking. You're nothing if not dependable!

At least the Great White North won't be so white this time of year!

Steve
Old May 18, 2007, 12:25 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Quote:

Regards,
Glad you like it! I really appreciate the thought, but there's really no need to go to that much effort to send me a Depron Fund contribution. I only posted my Paypal info for those that are especially inclined AND for whom it's convenient. If it's not convenient (no PayPal and/or outside the U.S.), a simple thank you is plenty! My biggest reward is seeing the photos and hearing the stories of those that build it.

Steve
Old May 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a ton, Tom! I thought about including a sentence in my post asking you to do that, but somehow I knew you'd see it and do it right away without me asking. You're nothing if not dependable!

At least the Great White North won't be so white this time of year!

Steve
thanks Steve,

Since I've posted the SU-37 You've had over 110 Unique view's per day average. That's on Par for what your F-14 gets a Very popular Jet to be sure I'll be looking forward to posting your video's too

One of the nice things about traveling back up north by myself will be that I can make a few extra stops along the way. Places like www.rcfoam.com outside of Atlanta Ga where I'm going to pick up a case or two of the big sheets of Depron (they also carry 9mm foam sheets now that are perfect for bulkheads) and I won't have to pay for shipping (although the way the gas prices are now it may not make that much of a difference LOL)

I'm also planning on visiting Randy from www.dynamoelectrics.com in Illinois to see what he has squirlled away in his closet I need some PHX-25 ESC's to run my Jet Screamer/XF Fan's combo's as the TB-18's didn't want to work. Then I'll spend a day or two with my daughter and grandson in Indy, and finally head on home.

I'll be building one of your F-22's this summer and Beanie's B-1 Bomber (EDF) for the Las Vegas Fly-in in November, which would be really cool if you could attend, BTW

Gotta get back to packing, my Dad has over 400 NASCAR Diecast cars, and there taking forever to box up

If you happen to get a video of the SU-37 shot, please drop me a E-mail with a link so I can upload it to Parkjets. I won't be getting any up-dates from RCG after 24 hours of inactivity.

Tom
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old May 18, 2007, 03:33 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,614 Posts
Sounds like a fun road trip, Tom! Depron is so light it shouldn't affect your fuel mileage too much... I do want to try to make Vegas this year it at all possible. And I will send you an email once I have some Su-37 flight video.

Steve
Old May 18, 2007, 09:47 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,707 Posts
Have a safe trip Tom.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2007, 10:37 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCParkflyer
I'm also planning on visiting Randy from www.dynamoelectrics.com in Illinois to see what he has squirlled away in his closet
A big F-18 I grabbed a few weeks back

Have a safe journey buddy!

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member