HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
6mmFlyRC
Joined Aug 2005
339 Posts
Why wait

We have the canopies and they are available now.

http://www.6mmflyrc.com/accessories
CBflyguy is offline Find More Posts by CBflyguy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
There ya go, a nice perfect canopy.
f-22 maniac is offline Find More Posts by f-22 maniac
Old May 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
United States, TX, Sherman
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Thanks for the info, GG, I have seen that thread, but what I was looking for was a demonstration of actually carving the foam. I'm especially interested in how some people, like Steve, are able to carve that one chunk of foam into a nice shape and still have nice base that blends into the fuse. I know there is a bit of talent involved, but it helps a lot to see it done. I'll probibly end up going with the plastic canopies from 6mmflyrc, but I'd like to be able to make a nice canopy out of foam.
PhantomFlight is offline Find More Posts by PhantomFlight
Old May 15, 2007, 01:49 PM
Linköping Sweden
Joined Nov 2006
960 Posts
Steve!

Ehhhh WOW, hmmm I don't know what to say than WOW, WOW and WOW that bird looks REALLY NICE. Great job. I need to do my own, would be nice to add one to my fleet.

And yeah WOW!!!!

Nadim
Nadim is offline Find More Posts by Nadim
Old May 15, 2007, 08:12 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2004
46 Posts
Steve's Su-37

First of all, GREAT APPRECIATION on the works carried out. I do know how much of work is involved in Steve's effort not only to have the drawings draw via. CAD then transfer to PDF with various scale as required by many, then tile them, then work out the detail info on each piece, show photograph on step building (which DocRob) has detailed out even more-THANKS Doc .-) then identify the most suitable power plant and it's works.Thank You Steve & Doc no one has done this as far as I know.
It's guys like you who make this world a better place to be in.(being unselfish)

Regards,
new wing man is offline Find More Posts by new wing man
Last edited by new wing man; May 15, 2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old May 15, 2007, 08:59 PM
Permanently Banned
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
deleted - see my blog
Larry
Larry3215 is offline Find More Posts by Larry3215
Last edited by Larry3215; Jun 28, 2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:02 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Thanks, new wing man.

In reply to your PM, my Su-37 is exactly 100% scale of Steve's original design, at a 30 in. wingspan. Yes, it does look a lot bigger than Tom Nelson's Flanker.

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old May 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2004
46 Posts
A quick question doc, is it hard to handle the TV effects r u having to correct the settings (not to offend anyone) ? cause u have gone quiet after the video shoot.
Regards,
Old May 15, 2007, 11:43 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,608 Posts
new wing man - Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy to share my work with the folks here on RCGroups, and I enjoy hearing from all the guys who have built from my plans. Plus many of these same folks have been equally generous sharing their work and knowledge!

Larry - I have a hunch that it is the motor mounts causing those weird things on your model. Both because of the inherent play in the mechanism changing the thrust line and because of the complex interplay between the aerodynamic controls and the thrust vectoring controls. Keep practicing and I bet you'll get the hang of that latter one.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old May 16, 2007, 01:46 AM
Permanently Banned
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
deleted - see my blog
Larry
Larry3215 is offline Find More Posts by Larry3215
Last edited by Larry3215; Jun 28, 2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old May 16, 2007, 04:33 PM
6mmFlyRC
Joined Aug 2005
339 Posts
We are ready to go. For those of you wondering if there is a lot of cutting on this bird, I can tell you yes. This design is by far consumes the most foam, it's taking about 3.5 big sheets with a good layout.

We will take orders today, shipping on the 23rd. As always, hardware for the dual TV system, clear canopy, laser cut depron, etc. The usual.

Again, its been said a million times, but one more is in order. A big thanks to Steve for putting this one together and a personal thanks for all the support you offer us day in and day out. Thanks!

http://www.6mmflyrc.com

Catalog
http://www.6mmflyrc.com/original-series
Old May 16, 2007, 06:51 PM
Malaysia
Joined Jan 2004
46 Posts
Su-37

Yes Gentleman,

I've started mine, it's a lot of work trying to build on your own. Just cutting out the paper template by it self will take a least 2 days (with breaks), i can imagine how many days it's going to take for the template.

So for those of you who have not started i'd say just get it from Steve and move on to enjoy flying.
Old May 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
Crazy 'bout Bees
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Oct 2005
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBflyguy
We are ready to go. For those of you wondering if there is a lot of cutting on this bird, I can tell you yes. This design is by far consumes the most foam, it's taking about 3.5 big sheets with a good layout.

We will take orders today, shipping on the 23rd. As always, hardware for the dual TV system, clear canopy, laser cut depron, etc. The usual.

Again, its been said a million times, but one more is in order. A big thanks to Steve for putting this one together and a personal thanks for all the support you offer us day in and day out. Thanks!

http://www.6mmflyrc.com

Catalog
http://www.6mmflyrc.com/original-series

So this is the same size as Steve's original plans? I think I saw some talk somewhere on your site at one point, about the kit form being made smaller.
vax6335 is offline Find More Posts by vax6335
Old May 16, 2007, 11:01 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vax6335
So this is the same size as Steve's original plans? I think I saw some talk somewhere on your site at one point, about the kit form being made smaller.
I'll need to let CBflyguy give the authoritative word here, but last I talked to them they were going to produce Su-37 kits in two sizes--the original 30" span version (works great with twin LSPJ motors) and a scaled down 26" span version (works great with a single LSPJ motor). Those two options should cover most folk's needs, since either can be built as a single or a twin.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old May 16, 2007, 11:02 PM
6mmFlyRC
Joined Aug 2005
339 Posts
Yes, we plan on offering a 26" wing version as well. That may be about 15-30 days out. We have to adjust the plans a bit, get the new canopy made, etc...