Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:00 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
Time to revive that thread?

Have 2 bored Wemotec Microfan and 2 Hyperion YS-6000 doing nothing. So I was wondering if the Microfan would fit in the 28in version?
Also, does it make sense/is it worth the effort knowing the AWU will be in the 800g ish when the thrust will be around 700g.

In fact, I haven't decided yet what to build so the same questions go for the F-14 as well
those micro's r 50mm rt? well I'm still building my mig 29,from steves su37 plans,I'm using 55mm hyperflows, which I had ta open up the necells by 6mm's,so wemo's should fit in with min. mods.

and yes I'm doing the 28"ws plans, the only real mod was ta leave out all the dblr's in the necells,ta get them rounded, I used ol balsa trick in 45ing the lower edges
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
those micro's r 50mm rt? well I'm still building my mig 29,from steves su37 plans,I'm using 55mm hyperflows, which I had ta open up the necells by 6mm's,so wemo's should fit in with min. mods.

and yes I'm doing the 28"ws plans, the only real mod was ta leave out all the dblr's in the necells,ta get them rounded, I used ol balsa trick in 45ing the lower edges
Nice! Yes they are 50mm. Thanks for the info!
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:24 PM
T-off=optional;L-ding=mndatory
Dubai, UAE
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
Hi Guys!!!
Steve you are the Man!!!

Jz finished reading the build thread & its great!!!
Building a SU 37 is very interesting, though im a newbie in scratch build i want to build one... let the challenge begin.

Guys, anobody can post the complete list of all the materials needed to build this ship? (as per the original set up of Steve i.e. TV, 2-motors & etc...) including the hobby shop website links if possible. as here in Dubai no one is selling those scratch built stuff.
Only servo's = 100 dirhams/pc = 30$ chinese made... (sory, poor english)

STEVE, your parkjet will fly soon here in Dubai ( i think nobody built this jets in the whole middle east....)

-Gian
Dubai UAE
gian is offline Find More Posts by gian
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:17 AM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,602 Posts
Gian,
Glad to hear it! And wow, that would be incredible to see one of my designs flying in Dubai. Keep us updated on your progress!

I've never had the time to write down a list of materials, and I don't recall seeing one in this thread... Best I can suggest is to scan through the manual and the plans and just write it down.

Good luck!
Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:28 AM
NE England
Joined Jul 2002
205 Posts
Wish I'd been able to devote more time to building my SU-37 so that I could report we have one of your designs flying over here in Northumberland too Steve . . . but I promise you that it will happen - one day!

The build is taking me far longer than I ever imagined it would take. It's not that it's difficult to build, in fact the materials used and your excellent plan make it easier than many others I've built in the past. No, it's taking me ages because I've been busy doing other 'essential' stuff recently

But I'm slowly 'getting there.' All the parts are cut-out, most are 'shaped,' and some are glued-up too. I have all the radio gear, motors, etc - I even have the baby powder and paints! So all I need to do now is: 'build, build, build.' I'm off to my workshop right now to 'make more progress!' :-)

Tony
T.W. is offline Find More Posts by T.W.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:16 AM
suffering pilot
İSTANBUL-TÜRKİYE
Joined Apr 2006
103 Posts
I plan to build a 28inch wingspan SU-37 , and will not use tv system due to my radio system is being ineligible.I prefer a set up with elevon control for roll and forward canard control for elevation.I would like to learn your comments for its controllability ?
emreozcakmak is offline Find More Posts by emreozcakmak
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:08 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreozcakmak View Post
I plan to build a 28inch wingspan SU-37 , and will not use tv system due to my radio system is being ineligible.I prefer a set up with elevon control for roll and forward canard control for elevation.I would like to learn your comments for its controllability ?
The canard does not have nearly enough control power to be a primary pitch control. I would recommend using the stabilators for both pitch and roll control and leaving the canard fixed. Alternatively, you could use ailerons for roll and stabs for pitch, but that is more complicated.

Steve
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:02 AM
suffering pilot
İSTANBUL-TÜRKİYE
Joined Apr 2006
103 Posts
Dear Steve ,
I can not set up mixes which is needed to use the stabilators for both pith and roll control. You recommend to built it in classic way as we built f-5,15,18...I think that set up is in same difficulty with my idea.I just wanted to find a different solution to non-computerized radio usages and flights.And ı like to have different kinds of flight characteristics.Does enlarging the canard area and installing tv mechanism for centered motor improve pitch control ability of the canard?
emreozcakmak is offline Find More Posts by emreozcakmak
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:20 AM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
time for a new radio IMO
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:18 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hi emreozcakmak

You can make a manual system as per the old pre computer radio days.

Mount your roll servo in a sliding tray and use pitch servo to move it back and forwards.

Or make your roll output tilt by the pitch servo input.

I attach an exclusive drawing with the hook up to give you the idea, hope this helps.
A good computer radio with free mixers does make it easier, but it is not essential, Cheers,

regards to all, Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:50 AM
T-off=optional;L-ding=mndatory
Dubai, UAE
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
i agree with you RT
gian is offline Find More Posts by gian
Old Apr 30, 2010, 02:00 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,602 Posts
emreo,
Yes, I think you have two options:

1) Install a mechanical mixer as rotorheid suggested

2) Use one channel to drive both stabs for pitch and one channel to actuate ailerons on the wing for roll.

Neither of these options requires a computer radio and should work fine.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:40 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
steve can you elaborate a little more on the receiver setup to the control servos, maybe a diagram?
Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:52 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheid View Post
Hi emreozcakmak

You can make a manual system as per the old pre computer radio days.

Mount your roll servo in a sliding tray and use pitch servo to move it back and forwards.

Or make your roll output tilt by the pitch servo input.

I attach an exclusive drawing with the hook up to give you the idea, hope this helps.
A good computer radio with free mixers does make it easier, but it is not essential, Cheers,

regards to all, Al
that is a cool setup there rotorheid
I suppose you could turn the roll servo sideways to use the mounting holes and make some kind of track system... out of all the years I have been building planes I never even thought about using a system like this but then again jets are still new to me, good little nugget
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:12 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gian View Post
i agree with you RT
ya that is the easiest way IMO but I am glad to know there are options as rotorheid and Steve mentioned if a new radio is not financially an option...
However since we are talking about the subject Art Tech makes a very nice programmable 6 CH radio complete with receiver and servos for a very nice price, $109.00 USD from sn hobbies and it stores 5 models, I love mine
click on pic