tn
Thomas Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Nelson
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2007, 11:00 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
Absolutely beautiful, Steve - great work as usual. Very clean lines and the scheme brings out all the menace in this beautiful bird . Like J said, it's got my juices flowing . Mine is primered and ready for it's first coat.

Once again, stellar work.

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old May 13, 2007, 11:03 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrob
Absolutely beautiful, Steve - great work as usual. Very clean lines and the scheme brings out all the menace in this beautiful bird . Like J said, it's got my juices flowing . Mine is primered and ready for it's first coat.

Once again, stellar work.

Doc
If I mention the line of "it's got my juices flowing" to my "freinds"
They will instantly turn an innocent phrase to a er..um...uhh...
"Unique thought!" Yeah! Thats it!

BTW What does it mean?
Haven't been here long enough I guess.
f-22 maniac is offline Find More Posts by f-22 maniac
Old May 13, 2007, 11:31 PM
I've half a mind...
New Delhi, India
Joined Jul 2005
2,600 Posts
LOL.

Juices = Adrenaline (the stuff that makes your heart beat faster, triggered during fear, excitement or anticipation). So yes, your "friends" wouldn't be entirely wrong

Doc
docrob is offline Find More Posts by docrob
Old May 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
Ah.
I see.
My mental images have been removed.
Thank the heavens.
Old May 13, 2007, 11:39 PM
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,601 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I wish I had the time and talent to do the super-detailing work that J Morgan and Warren have demonstrated with their models, but have pretty much settled on the quick "no-frills" painting approach I've used on all my models. Just a basic paint job done best I can. That's one of the best things about these park jets--you can go super-simple or super-detailed with the painting, or do something in-between like mine.

wirbech - Glad to hear it. And yes, the Suke is probably the most complicated park jet to build (apart from the F-14, which is only complicated due to the wing sweep mechanism). I thought about doing a simpler version of the Su-37 more like my F-15, but decided to do something a little different and a bit more scale, just for the variety. But now that it's done, I'd like to eventually do a more scale-like version of the F-15 using many of the same techniques as the Su-37.

boa - That bird's looking great so far! Well done on the shaping.
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Old May 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
I'd like to see a more scale F-15 if you ever get around to it Steve. The Eagle was always one of my favourite jets.
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old May 14, 2007, 01:24 AM
That thing's operational!
New Orleans/Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
4,706 Posts
Me too!
birdlives1955 is offline Find More Posts by birdlives1955
Old May 14, 2007, 01:43 AM
United States, TX, Sherman
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Steve, I don't think it can be said enough (especially since I wasn't the first to say it), that really is a beautiful paint job and a beautiful plane. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

P.s. Anyone out there with that skill for carving the nice looking canopies, would you mind posting a little video demonstration? I've tried three times and my best one doesn't look half as good as some of posted pics.
PhantomFlight is offline Find More Posts by PhantomFlight
Old May 14, 2007, 02:31 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Almost missed this We've been busy packing up my dad's household item's for moving back north, so my time on-line is limited for the next few weeks

Great selection and Paintjob Steve!!! I'll try and get your Jet posted on your Su-37 page tomorrow morning
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old May 14, 2007, 03:14 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomFlight
Anyone out there with that skill for carving the nice looking canopies, would you mind posting a little video demonstration? I've tried three times and my best one doesn't look half as good as some of posted pics.
Have you had a look in this thread - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489215
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old May 14, 2007, 03:47 AM
Joined Oct 2006
84 Posts
really?

Wirbeck- Really? I think the f-22 is by far the most difficult. Ive built the f-14 and apart from a lot of pieces Its pretty easy. The bevels on all the pieces and the 3mm top of the f-22 made it the hardest one for me anyway.

Steve- Thanks! I don't think its going to be as perfect as yours but hey....theres only one yoda
boa279 is offline Find More Posts by boa279
Last edited by boa279; May 14, 2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old May 14, 2007, 07:44 AM
Zagreb, CROATIA
Joined Jun 2002
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset44
Thanks for the nice comments, guys....

We want video clip...., we want video clip.....
borisp is offline Find More Posts by borisp
Old May 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomFlight
Steve, I don't think it can be said enough (especially since I wasn't the first to say it), that really is a beautiful paint job and a beautiful plane. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

P.s. Anyone out there with that skill for carving the nice looking canopies, would you mind posting a little video demonstration? I've tried three times and my best one doesn't look half as good as some of posted pics.

You could try waiting for 6mmflyrc to release the clear canopies.
Old May 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hello again.
Corona, California
Joined Aug 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisp
We want video clip...., we want video clip.....
Yes.....yes......yes.