HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2002, 08:29 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Richardson, TX Last Day of Daylight Savings Fun-Fly Oct 26

The Richardson Radio Control Club is holding their Last Day of Daylight Savings Fun Fly on Saturday, October 26.

www.rrcc.org

This is an open fun fly so there will be glow and electric planes there. It would be nice to see a good showing of electrics.

I'm not a member of this club. I find it fun to go to these things.

I'll bring my 16 cell Mega powered LT-25, my Mega powered E3D and my Endo powered Kwik-E.

I think there will be a 16 cell Hacker powered Venus and maybe a new Hacker powered Bandit hotliner if it gets built in time.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2002, 11:42 PM
Formerly Black96Z
Mckinney, TX
Joined Apr 2002
765 Posts
It really depends on how fast I get the motor for the Bandit....

David
Heli Slime is offline Find More Posts by Heli Slime
Old Oct 23, 2002, 02:26 PM
Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2002
88 Posts
Weather for N. Texas

It sounds like a event I need to go to.. I looked up the weather for this weekend and it does not look good. The Fort Worth Thunderbirds called off their IMAC this weekend.

I would love to bring out my Fantrainer with the upgraded brushless motor. This baby is going to rock n roll...

see photos here:

www.teamrcpilot.com/ffan.html

www.teamrcpilot.com/480.html

Let us know.

Raymond Cervantes
studiostop@aol.com
www.teamrcpilot.com
teamrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by teamrcpilot
Old Oct 29, 2002, 08:52 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Event cancelled but I was still there

I hate to leave a tread hanging.
The event never happened. It was cancelled by the club due to the weather and won't be rescheduled. However, not knowing that I went anyway. The wind was a little iffy for me but the few club members allowed me to fly. So I flew my LT and E3D about 4 times each. The first landing attempt of the E3D took several passes to combat a 45 degree crosswind. I guess I was too nervous but I got that needed experience flying in some stronger winds. Sorta reminded me of the weather at SEFF.

David (Black96z) showed up later with his Hacker Venus. I think a few were surprised by that plane's performance.

I was approached by several members of the club to answer questions about my E3D. I gave out Gary Wrights URL and Ezone to several of them.

I explained how easy it was to convert the LT-25. I also told them about the new Lithium Polymer batteries on the horizon. Maybe I helped out promoting electrics.

I wish I could fly the E3D better to give a better demo. Maybe next year.

All the members I met were pretty nice. I may consider joining this club at the new year. I enjoyed taking off and landing on an asphalt strip.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Oct 31, 2002, 02:39 AM
jak
Taipei Taiwan
Joined Feb 2000
117 Posts
Kelvin,

Thanks for the information on the RRCC - been looking for a place to fly up here for quite a while. May have to go check them out.

jak.
jak is offline Find More Posts by jak