RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New scale navy boat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:38 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,732 Posts
I missed out on a night sail last night I hope someone either posts photos or sends some to me to put up, The club also met this morning which I attended but illness forced me home before boats went on the water, I do know that the monster tug I posted photos earlier built by Pierce and his father was launched today and has an imposing presence, great work guys.

I am not making any promises but I am going to run a boat next week

Cheers
Nick

PS I picked up two kits today. An Italeri Schnellboot and does anyone know of any build logs for the Billings Sea Star No: 496, it, shock horror, appears to pre-date the internet
nick_75au is offline Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:41 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
ADAGIO (slow dancin'man)

WHAT I GOT FOR MY TROUBLES – I’VE BEEN SACKED

Maybe I should have skited a lot about just what I have got for the Club, all the things they take for granted:-

*I got the Boatshed because, when the price went well over the Budget, I reviewed the consultants' documents and showed Council how to cut $50,000 off the price, because Councillor Able asked me to do it; If I had not done that, the Boatshed would still be a pipe dream;

*I got the pontoon because I asked for it to replace the old landing which often goes under water, or too far above it for safe launchings;

*I got the permanent cover for the pontoon because I asked for it;

*I got the extra covered seating because I asked for it;

*I got the driveway, launching ramp and turning bay because I asked for it;

*I got the acorn rent of $429 per year because I asked could I negotiate for a special deal;

*I got the $19,019.30 Gambling Fund Grant because I asked Mayor Parker, Councillor Able, State Member Moorhead and Federal Member van Manen for support and they all used the very same words I used in my letters when I asked them for support;

*I got the Honour Board because Councillor Able was impressed with the job I was doing;

*I got the $1,500 cash gift from Councillor Able for the shelving, tables and chairs for the same reason; because I asked what assistance Council could provide.

*I got a recent undertaking from Councillor Able that there is money in the budget for a toilet upgrade in the next Works Programme, because I asked him.

...and now they've sacked me from the Club I pulled out of the mess it was in.

So much for thank you.
ADAGIO is offline Find More Posts by ADAGIO
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:56 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,732 Posts
Brian, what did we talk about at the lake this was not it

Nick
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Ashgrove
Joined Nov 2009
589 Posts
thats cool nick if you do have any other boats for sale some time in the year let me no thanks

alex
alex111 is offline Find More Posts by alex111
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:49 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
ADAGIO (slow dancin'man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au View Post
Brian, what did we talk about at the lake this was not it

Nick
Thanks for the advice Nick, however, because one of the three speakers who constantly spoke up without any attempt by the Chairman to control them claimed that another person had done most of the work to get the Boatshed completed not me, all bets are off.

That was simply not so.

The Councillor (who we both know) in charge of the whole matter has put it all in writing that "...without your (my) hard work, the Boatshed would not have been possible."

End of debate.

I'm entitled to defend my reputation the way I have done it - no names, no packdrill, but those of us who know, know who did all the hard work and he hasn't been getting any credit for it for months.
Last edited by ADAGIO; Feb 18, 2013 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:23 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,199 Posts
What a great looking place, great looking models !

Thanks Nick.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:15 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Brian,
Any forum and particularly an International forum, is not the place to air one’s grievance! There are other avenue’s to address Club Politics!

LCMM is a terrific club with a great History, terrific members and best of all, loads and loads of well-built Model vessels.

Looking forward to new Photo’s.

Bob
Viking50 is offline Find More Posts by Viking50
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:05 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,732 Posts
Thanks Bob for your support.

I will keep updating the thread when and where possible with as many pics as possible.

Cheers
Nick
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
15 Posts
16th.Dec.2012

A great day down at Tygum Lake,good for both Sail & Scale.

Our next BIG event will be our Australia Day Night Sail

Monday 28th.January 2013 starting at approx 3.00 p.m.

Peter & Henry are planning the event and invite all club members,family & friends and all our local model boat clubs to attend and enjoy a night of great fun.

Henry is happy to help anyone who needs assistance to light up their boats.

21st.February 2013

Due to flooding rain & high tides our Australia Day Night Sail was postponed.

The new Australia Day Night Sail took place on Saturday 16/02/2013.It was a great event,even the showers were kind to us.A junior member Pierce celebrated his 14 th. birthday so we enjoyed lots of cake at the party.The pictures from Jimmy include Henry's new Queen Mary ,as you can see lots & lots of lights.

Thank You for your kind words Bob they are much appreciated.
I am happy to tell you Wilf attended both the night sail & the special general meeting on Sunday 17th. Wilf looks well,feels great and was in high spirits.
forceful 7 is offline Find More Posts by forceful 7
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:47 AM
Australia, QLD, Ashgrove
Joined Nov 2009
589 Posts
hey there i like that paddle wheel there it look good when is 1 of your big open days thanks

alex
alex111 is offline Find More Posts by alex111
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:28 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
ADAGIO(slow dancin' man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking50 View Post
Brian,
Any forum and particularly an International forum, is not the place to air one’s grievance! There are other avenue’s to address Club Politics!

LCMM is a terrific club with a great History, terrific members and best of all, loads and loads of well-built Model vessels.

Looking forward to new Photo’s.

Bob
You're entitled to your opinion Bob, but the truth will out in the fullness of time. I didn't make it public.

You're right about the Club, I don't criticise it.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:25 AM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAGIO View Post
You're entitled to your opinion Bob, but the truth will out in the fullness of time. I didn't make it public.

You're right about the Club, I don't criticise it.
You criticise the "committee in charge" no matter how tiny it may be...
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:58 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
ADAGIO(slow dancin' man)

BOATS FOR SALE:-

I'm starting all over, my boats are in the way, and I need the cash for the next project, but I'm not desperate so make the offers fair dinkum. Tyre kickers can stay home.

"MAID OF STUFF", 50 inches/1.27metres long, London/Thames work boat. Scratch built, In very good condition, scale 1:12 approx. A good steering course boat. A well used favourite in very good condition, and is an excellent steering course boat.

Australian Murray River paddle steamer "PS ADELAIDE", 1:24 scale, true scale built from FLOATABOAT plans, scratch built, atmospheric model of a working boat with a full complement of crew, passengers and several of their animals. Built as she was in the early days as a working towboat for which the towing post is fully operational. A bonus is that she is an excellent steering course boat, turning well just with her paddles and barn door rudder, but she's a paddler and a stately lady.

Built as lightly as I could with plastic, liteply and epoxy reinforced balsa/glass scrim because of the shallow draft. A delight to sail on a balmy evening, (but only on calm waters). "PS ADELAIDE" is a sweetie and will not be sold cheaply. My family is not best pleased at the sale as it is my grandkids' favourite.

Italeri Kriegsmarine "SCHNELLBOOT" 1metre long 1/32 scale fully detailed with extra crew and features, fitted with brushless motors driving John Darke custom built stainless triple screw driveline with scale brass contra-rotating screws and scale rudders. Brushless fans to keep the motors cool. Goes well on the installed LiPos but there is space for more (but not for my arthritic thumbs). Space and weight allowance for sound system.
Too much to list and owes me a packet for the top list inclusions. An edequate steering course boat (a function of her triple screws) but looks fabulous "on patrol".

"SCHNELLBOOT" owes me well over $500 (Oz dollars) for the kit, bits and the special electronic and mechanical components, most of which are custom built. So please make your offers accordingly. It is for sale, it is not a giveaway.

International One Metre ( IOM) sail boat TS2 with Brierley MIRAGE sails and rig with 80pound spectra controls and shrouds. Excellent condition and sails as well as I could make it go. Is in right orange and can't be missed in a crowded fleet. This is a serious competition boat and I expect offers to mirror that value.

Serious offers only on all boats please.

All boats come complete with transmitters and spare batteries where needed, battery chargers for both NiMh and Li-Po have been set up by John Darke and are to be sold separately as they are expensive.

To be collected from a Brisbane suburb, or I can arrange for freight at your expense. Money in the bank, I can deliver close by.

All offers by Private Post on this thread.
Last edited by ADAGIO; Feb 23, 2013 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Spelling sweetie as a seetie indeed.