Great pics nick.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Mar 21, 2008, 03:56 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,084 Posts
Hi Nick.
Glad to see you posting again. And modeling too. John told me there were some 'club issues' sapping your time as secretary. Good to see it's all sorted.
Is'nt it good to have water back in the lakes? Ours is lapping the jetty too.
It's a shame that 2/3 of the state of Queensland had to be declared a flood disaster to get it though. I see our American friends are now having the same problems in some areas. My thoughts go to all those affected.
Great photos by the way.
Will you guys be sailing next Saturday? It's time I made the effort to get down there & catch up with you & drop a couple of boats in your pond. So, If you will be there, so will I.
Best regards.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Mar 21, 2008, 06:23 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,629 Posts
Hi Paul,
Yep some things do sap time, It is excellent to have water again, we lost about 60 cm. At one stage I was able to drive my springer under our wharf .
Next week is a Sunday sailing day, so if you can make it on a Sunday we start around 8-9 am.
Regards
Nick
nick_75au is offline Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old Mar 22, 2008, 03:20 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,084 Posts
Damn!!!
I have to work on Sundays. So maybe the following Saturday then.
I'll be looking forward to it.
Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Mar 23, 2008, 05:48 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,629 Posts
22nd March

Hi fellow Modellers,
A nice Easter Saturday, not a huge turnout but the park had many more people than usual, holiday times . I didn't bring anything down to sail but ended up staying for quite a while shooting the breeze. The most interesting thing was the trimaran that appeared earlier in the year re surfaced for a flotation and rudder test. It has 6 sail winch servos in it including one for the rudder. There are pulleys and levers everywhere, the only explanation was "genoa" I think its going to have a spinnaker as well, un-confirmed intelligence at this stage .
A couple of boats in the images are for sale, one an epigage? (spelling) boat and the other is a Graupner kit of a whaling boat including lots of extras, PM me for details.
Whaling being a somewhat un-politically correct term at the moment over here he was considering changing the flag to Japanese to stir the pot a little. Seriously however it is a really nice boat he is only selling as he has no time t sail it.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 06:07 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
Nice pics nick sorry i couldnt make up there saturday just gone looks like there was a nice breeze blowing to. Damn it. lol hope to be there on sunday though cant wait to try out my one metre should have new transmitter tomorrow hopefully.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 07:02 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
Hi got my new transmitter and got it working fine just hope theres some wind on sunday morning as there has been bugger all this week.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,028 Posts
Nice classic trimaran! Reminds me of the many 1:1 tri's that were built along the U.S. west coast in the '70's!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,629 Posts
13th April 2008

Big day today, 26 people signed in and a few others turned up to watch. A beautiful day, sail boat series, I didn't pay much attention. I was running my crash-boat hull and shooting the breeze. No pictures, someone else that was there may send some to me or post it themselves. Sorry for the brief report.
Regards
Nick
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:06 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,268 Posts
I know how it is. Sometimes you just want to play and not worry about taking pics/video and keeping tabs, etc.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:07 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
no worries

It cool nick cant let you take all the pics i need to get a cheap digital camera so i can post some pics. Got my new sails today look heaps better will try them out tomorrow at the lake 25 knot winds expected. wow.
Old May 03, 2008, 10:22 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
sunday sail

Hi fellow modellers heres some pics from todays sunday sail once again the wind was non exsistant im sure it would be better for all the sailors to start the day at around 11 am in the morning as there is seldom wind before then and maybe go till three or four on a sunday seeing there will be no saturday afternoon sail anymore well it looks that way anyway we'll have to wait and see. Anyhow heres some pics guys.
Last edited by mudgudgie; May 03, 2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: show some pics
Old May 09, 2008, 01:34 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
wedensday

Hi guts a bit latwe but heres some pics from last wedensday sail.
Last edited by mudgudgie; May 09, 2008 at 01:53 AM.