SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2007, 01:48 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
21st July 2007

Today was just a general club day but a good turnout however. A guy came down with an Aquacraft Supervee, Its the fastest electric boat Ive ever seen on our lake. Does anyone know the Kv of the stock brushless motor it uses. The boat looks about the same setup that I want to use in a boat im considering building.
Regards
Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Last edited by nick_75au; Jul 21, 2007 at 01:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:51 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,867 Posts
Quote:
No its not steam just an old sock (making the smoke)
Yeah I have noticed my socks doing that once in a while too.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 25, 2007, 03:22 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Sat 26th August

Cool and blustery day after a week of light rain, the most SE Qld has had in a while, It raised the level of our lake by about 10 cm, its still a good 40 cm below ideal level. A new launching today, a tanker purchased on e-bay , It has gone through a full restoration. I was clocked by a radar gun buy the two guys with the super v and micro cat. My Springer couldn't be measured, the gun needed minimum 15 kph to record a speed
We recently had our AGM, , Brian Burns as commodore
Gary Ramplin as Vice,I was elected as Secretary, Treasurer remains Peter Bradley.
I would have uploaded more photos but I forgot the zoom on my phone is absolutely terrible and most of the shots were zoom.

Regards
Nick
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
brushless supervee motor is around 1880Kv, i think:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-aqug7000

there's a new rtr boat out that should be comparable in speed, maybe a little quicker:
Blackjack 26 http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=104

it comes with a:
Motor Size: A3630-1500 water-cooled Brushless
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:39 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,616 Posts
Thanks for the update Nick. Looks like you folks had a good time!

Chuck
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Who makes the tug in the third row of post 46?? It looks British. Is it a kit? Hull?
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Hi Predreadnut,
I'm really not sure, looking at the photo, its the first time I've seen it .

Another point I should of mentioned is all the recent summer rain has filled the lake back to its normal level. The Marbleheads and 10 Raters were able to have a good play last Saturday. The photos from post 46 to the most recent show the difference.
Regards
Nick
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Sat 23rd Feb

A very hot day today, 38 degrees, very little wind but as Im writing this its blowing a gale and still 38 deg. Only a few brave souls decided to come out, John and Jack with their sail boats, a coastguard RTR, Dave's Perkassa and Missouri and Col showed up as I was leaving with his tanker and a new restored tug. Brian and myself didn't bring anything, all vessels in drydock . No pictures sorry.
Old Mar 01, 2008, 11:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Sunday 2nd March

A beautiful day of sailing, much more pleasant than last Saturday, 25 degrees little wind until just before we packed up, mostly sunny with a couple of spots of rain. Quite a few people turned up including 2 prospective new members.
An altercation had Missouri unable to slow in time t-boning Amanda Miller. Thankfully only damage was evidence of ship-side grey on the tanker. A little towoff between my Springer and Cols tug had Col as the winner only just . We towed the rescue dingy with Rodger on board as ballast.
Another prospective member brought down a Super-vee and an electric Hammer? like the nitro Hammer I think. That's 3 Super-vee's I've seen now they are certainly getting popular. Noel another prospective member brought down his new Century 750 sailboat, some minor problems to sort out but many members were willing to help him out.
Next week our sailing series.
Regards,
Nick
Last edited by nick_75au; Mar 07, 2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2008, 05:27 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Saturday 8th March

A really nice day 28 degrees, quite windy though, it was our sailboat series today with 10 raters and Marbleheads a century 750, a meter boat and a couple of other RTR boats (I wasn't paying close attention see crashboat thread in fast electric forum). Noel, the owner of the century had made up some new sails to replace the rather dodgy ones that come with the boat, single piece drafting film but the difference is amazing. no wrinkles and the boat sails much better. Col brought down his tug again, Pete had a coast guard patrol boat, other boats were present but not accounted for, it appears today was a day for forgetting to bring batteries, transmitters and whatever other doohickey needed to get boats in the water. I brought down my springer and the first trial for the crashboat hull. A fella, Jason, came down with a micro cat and a highly modified e-bay plastic fantastic volvo speed boat clone. Both with huge brushless motors and filled with lipos. The micro cat lost its flex shaft in the first minute he ran then he spent the next couple of hours shuffling in waist deep water trying to find it, which he did find. He ran the Volvo thing but it melted the tab on one of his lipos after about 5 seconds( cheap e-bay li-po's better ones on order). Once he got the micro cat in the water again he launched it and it ran and dived underwater for about a meter popped up and ran like a bat out of hell. Until the bearings annihilated in the motor. He has done awesome work in these boats and has plans of attack to get these boats running sweet.
I didn't get any photos hopefully someone in the club did so I can post them.
regards
nick
Old Mar 16, 2008, 03:43 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,723 Posts
Sunday 16th March

Good day on the lake today, we may be seeing some improvements. The Local government elections were held yesterday and after results were in our new mayor Pam Parker and councillor Graham Able for the area have made some promises and commitments for the club. Lots of tugs about, a few naval vessels and pleasure craft as well.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:49 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
Id just like to say thanks to nick and the guys at the lake for making feel welcome to the club and im sure i will be there quite a lot now as i have definately caught the yachting bug i am now upsizing to a one metre i hope if all goes well just have to find the right price and yacht once again thanks guys for making me feel welcome.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:42 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
yes i must admit it is good having a board set up so we know whos on what channel as its a pain when you turn your reciever on and it goes hay wire on you.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 05:58 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
hey there

Well off to buy my one metre hurricane racing yacht today cant wait to try her out i have an ad up for my century 750 in the for sale section if your interested anyone.