HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2007, 08:04 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,609 Posts
Very nice photos. At first I thought your trailer was for barbie & beer.

Do you happen to have any TF72 members in your club?

Chuck
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2007, 10:01 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
6th May 07

Today was our sailboat series, some pic's of the second start, I was trying to sail and take photos at the same time Also couple of military ships. The green one is a UK prototype frigate that was not contracted.
I came 1st in first race and 2nd in second race.
Regards
Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old May 14, 2007, 03:27 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Open Day Sat 12th May

A few pictures from our open day, unfortunatly I missed out on most of the day due to wife being ill. I didnt have time to get details of the models, any questions and I will get them aswered after next sundays run. a night sail was part of the program.
Regards
Nick
Old May 14, 2007, 09:31 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,621 Posts
Nick, hope your wife is doing okay!

Thanks for the photos. Superb models. What a turnout!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,655 Posts
WOW! nice models and they are not that small either. thanks for sharing.
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old May 14, 2007, 11:19 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,386 Posts
Very impressive turn out.
Are those 1/72nd scale battleships?
Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old May 15, 2007, 02:22 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Hi,
Thanks, my wife is getting better, unfortunaly vandalism is quite common in the park and some much more destructive (Some club members get there very early just to clean up), its part of the reason for having the trailer with the club equipment.
Umi, the two battleships are 1/48 scale, Ive posted about them before, one is Missouri the other is Yamato. the two carriers are 1/96 scale owned by a father and son, both are Kittywake, They have a huge amount of detail and working functions, I think they keep trying to out do each other . Chuck/Herrmill Im not sure about TF72 members in our club I'll find out if I remember.
Regards
Nick
Old May 21, 2007, 02:26 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Sunday 21th May. Fish, cars and maybe a boat or two

Todays running day has mostly sailboats, I was too busy sailing to take water shots but we had 7 sailboats on the water. A highlight was the QLD Veteran Vehicle Ass. visiting, they normaly visit on the open days but a prior engagement prevented it. After sailing I handed my springer over to a 12 yo boy to have a play around, he ran it for about 3/4 hour while I gasbagged to the other members. Seems like he had a good time, a bit of a shame the father wasnt too supportive in his interest.
These springers are infectious I gave the transmitter to my dad in his backyard pool and I couldnt get it off him for over an hour.
Finaly to the fish in a bucket, I caught this in a local stream 5 minutes from the lagoon. Its an Oscar, an Amazon river fish sold as an aquarium fish. They are a pest in our rivers along with carp and other tropical aquarium fish. In about 5 minutes a bucket full of mollies, swordtails and other such fish can be caught in a bait trap. Totaly irrelevant I know .
Regards
Nick
Old May 21, 2007, 04:42 AM
I like boats
Brisbane Qld Australia
Joined Jun 2006
573 Posts
Hey Nick looks like it was an interesting day. Good on you for landing the Oscar, it is a nice looking fish. Apparently a sportfish in USA for the same reason as to why you were able to hook one in a creek here. I hadn't actually believed that they could live so prolifically but now have some proof.. It really makes me sick how many people are so irresponsible by releasing their "pets" into the wild. As a exotic fish enthusiast myself, it makes me quite sad to see as it is getting increasingly hard to import fish into the country mainly because of the morons releasing captive bred specimens into the wild. My two cents.......
Sounds like you had a good turnout anyway, the car club would have been a blast. Nice to hear that you are a trusting soul with your springer, it is a shame though that the father couldn't see the merit in his boy wanting an interest, unfortunately the perceived cost of these things are a lot more than they actually are.......
Deestingray is offline Find More Posts by Deestingray
Old May 21, 2007, 11:11 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,621 Posts
It always amuses me to see American cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Oscars are vicious! I had a friend who had an aquarium with Oscars and he fed them live Goldfish. They would attack them voraciously. If you stuck your hand in there, they would attack it too!
Old May 21, 2007, 11:59 AM
no wings any more, just dust!
stoke on trent
Joined Oct 2004
8,052 Posts
I like the Amanda Miller not often you see big freighters like that.
Ghost 2501 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost 2501
Old Jul 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
An Update, 15th July

A really busy day at the pond, heaps of boats. Beautiful weather even if the wind was a little chilly. Many boats I have never seen before, a couple of new launchings. The last few weeks that I have been able to attend have had very average turn outs. It must be the cold windy winter weather. I only managed to bring my springer and entered in the steering course for the first time. two runs and only lost 2 points. (I set the course ). Every one who entered had similar results so it wasn't a hard course to steer, more like steaming up the Murray River
Regards
Nick
Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:21 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,621 Posts
Thanks for posting the update Nick. Great photos as always. I am curious how cold is it? I do see a lot of jackets and hands in pockets!
Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
I like boats
Brisbane Qld Australia
Joined Jun 2006
573 Posts
Being that we are in the middle of winter here, we are getting to a minimum of around 6 degrees C at night and around 20 degrees C during the day. The reason for the jackets will be the wind, last weekend we were experiencing 10-15knot S/SW winds which definitely adds to the chill factor. I was on the Gold Coast off all places with a jacket on!!!! It is a noticeably cooler winter than previous years.
Deestingray is offline Find More Posts by Deestingray
Old Jul 17, 2007, 04:53 AM
Joined Apr 2006
916 Posts
Yep,it's been sub zero down here a couple of times,with a top temp tomorrow predicted to be 12 degrees.Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
fleetmaster is offline Find More Posts by fleetmaster