HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Hi Fellow modellers,
Another great Brisbane day, Sounds like the Sunshine Coast Model Boat clubs open day was a great success yesterday from reports of club members who made the drive
Had a BBQ today, steak sandwich with the best BBQ steak I've ever eaten.
Not a great deal happening as I think most were to busy just enjoying the sunshine and mild conditions.
All looking forward to a big day on Wednesday I think
Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Last edited by nick_75au; Sep 28, 2008 at 03:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2008, 03:46 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
thanks mate

I have deleted my comment on that day and should never have said anything about it from now on it will be just the good stuff that happens at our wonderful lake i just hope the council will clean up the colour of our lake when they do there upgrades it would be nice to see a colour other than brown. happy boating everyone.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Wednesday "Moviestar Day"

Hello Fellow Modellers,
Some pictures of today's events, It was an interviewer and camera man, spent about 2 1/2 hours with us, We wont see the clip for a couple of weeks. If I end up on camera I have to give the boss a carton (of beer), Oh the price of a sickie.
A great day, every one had heaps of fun, I think the prospect of fame brought out a few boats that haven't seen the light of day for a while, which made for a really good display for the camera crew.

Regards
Nick
Old Oct 01, 2008, 12:17 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,091 Posts
Looks like a nice turnout of boats!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Oct 01, 2008, 04:51 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Hi Aero,
Thanks, it was a good turnout, not just boats, I didn't get a picture but there was a land yacht there to, nowhere flat to sail it though
Nick
Old Oct 01, 2008, 01:46 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,655 Posts
Great Photos. Thanks For Sharing.
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Oct 02, 2008, 05:19 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Thanks Keith,
A few more taken by Jim
Regards
Nick
Old Oct 02, 2008, 12:01 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,386 Posts
Isn't Summer just getting started over there?
Some great looking boats. All this time I though there were
just a dozen of you sailing here...
Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Oct 02, 2008, 07:49 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,170 Posts
Hi Nick.
Looks like a huge cast turned up for the filming.
Some great boats there.
We had our visit from the film crew last Teusday. They spent a few hours here too. Unfortunately we didn't have as many turn up as you did. We all had a good time though.
We've asked them if we could get a copy of all the footage on a disk. They just mumbled something about copyright & directors consent, but if your club pushes the point also, we may all get lucky.
Don't forget the segment on the show will probably only run for 5 mimutes. So a hell of a lot won't get seen.
All the best.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Oct 02, 2008, 07:56 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,091 Posts
Hee hee, I think the gaff rig cancels out any advantage the winged keel gives the 12 meter in "IMG_1518"
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Oct 03, 2008, 02:44 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Hi Umi, Spring is in the air we have roughly 45 members, and on a good day half will come for a running day, on average its about 15 members.

Paul, they wouldn't let us have any film either Hopefully someone manages to get the whole show on their recorder. We tried to bribe them with some of John Darke's $1,000,000 dollar bills as well to not have the footage from Boondall shown Some how I don't think it worked

Aero, its a model of our next Americas Cup Challanger. We Aussies have discovered something, Whoops shouldn't of said that
Nick
Old Oct 04, 2008, 06:48 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,698 Posts
Not Much to report today, everyone's worn out from last Wednesday
Col looking like a Captain braving the elements in the rescue boat, John and Jack with their sail boats had good wind, Graham sailed his fishing smack, Mariner was splashed, I handed the controls of the Barbie Dream Springer to a couple of kids who proceeded to sail her for most of the afternoon while we all sat in the shade to "shoot the breeze"
Nick
Old Oct 04, 2008, 08:15 AM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
, I handed the controls of the Barbie Dream Springer to a couple of kids who proceeded to sail her for most of the afternoon while we all sat in the shade to "shoot the breeze"
Nick
Sometimes that is more fun, shooting the breeze and watching kids have fun being kids.
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Old Oct 06, 2008, 06:18 PM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
294 Posts
ADAGIO (slow dancin' man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
Hello Fellow Modellers,
Some pictures of today's events, It was an interviewer and camera man, spent about 2 1/2 hours with us, We wont see the clip for a couple of weeks. If I end up on camera I have to give the boss a carton (of beer), Oh the price of a sickie.
A great day, every one had heaps of fun, I think the prospect of fame brought out a few boats that haven't seen the light of day for a while, which made for a really good display for the camera crew.

Regards
Nick
Excellent turnout Nick and a huge cheer and slap on the back for everybody involved. It just goes to show what a committed group can do to unravel the Club's "issues" of the past year or so. I'll be looking to see if you have to buy the boss that slab (Aussie for a case of beer).

I'm just envious that I wasn't there, although living in a converted opal mine in Coober Pedy had its own reward, although I had to buy her the opals. Lunch in the Soft Rock Cafe (yes, registered name for the motel's main mine shaft Dining Room) put an entirely new twist to the underground.

Cheers

ADAGIO (slow dancin' man)
ADAGIO is offline Find More Posts by ADAGIO
Old Oct 06, 2008, 11:19 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
up for sale

Im selling the boat as im upgrading to a seawind so if anyone is interested come see me at the lake sometime. Asking $300 for her shes sailing the best she ever has has been modified a hell of a lot has professional sails and all now all i have to do is get the new boat and build it from scratch im sure it will be worth it though so look out fellow sailors this one is going to be faster than my hurricane. Cheers
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie