SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:20 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,725 Posts
Thanks Aero,
We've considered Tygum Belle as she is into Beauty and the Beast at the moment, but that will work better.
Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2008, 05:36 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
still waiting for my boat to arrive.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Last edited by mudgudgie; Sep 28, 2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: its still coming
Old Sep 20, 2008, 05:54 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
wow shes fried

I guess you are right in a lot of ways but i think ive got an acception mine is going good now things are looking up.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:02 AM
no custom user title
northside brisbane australia
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
bet that visitor wont come back in a hurry.did they rescue it.
AQUARIAN2 is offline Find More Posts by AQUARIAN2
Last edited by AQUARIAN2; Sep 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:38 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts
ADAGIO (slow dancin' man)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUARIAN2
bet that visitor wont come back in a hurry.did they rescue it.
Ahhh, the t-bone man.
ADAGIO is offline Find More Posts by ADAGIO
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,725 Posts
Hi,
A quite nice day, it seems if summer is coming early, thunderstorms have already started with the warm humid weather, Graham launched hhis freelance coastguard vessel, It looks really good, built on an Australian patrol boat hull.
The sailors enjoyed some nice wind, my Schnell boot didnt, the rudder servo has suffered one too many dunkings and will not operate properly even with liberal doses of contact cleaner

The fast electric guys found it a little choppy but threw some boats in anyway, my camera phone just doesnt take good speed shots

Noel had his little incident , visitors boat was rescued with only minor damage.

Several new memberships over the last few weeks and some old members rejoining after a hiatus, a little promotion does wonders, we are having a local TV show come down on either the 1st or 8th of next month to film a segment on model boats in general. .

That's all for now
Nick
Last edited by nick_75au; Oct 23, 2008 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Error in photo blurb, champion of Hong Kong not Taiwan
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:20 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,268 Posts
Hi Nick.
Another great bunch of shots.
Seems the TV crew are doing the rounds. They are paying us a visit too.
This will be good for the hobby & membership too I would think.
Hey Mudgudgie, you are going to give the big cats a bad reputation if you bully the little boats too much. . Glad to hear that there wasn't too much damage.
Got my cat up & running. Here's a link to show you what it's not supposed to do. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927338
All the best.
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:44 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
hi

cool pics mate great stack im sure your boat is heaps quicker than mine im only running a brushed 700 motor in mine but it goes ok. havent really had it flat chat yet.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:36 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
new one coming

Ive got another prodject boat coming this week another e-bay special most of the boat is complete with stablizers and rudder alli have to do is maybe upgrade the motor and buy a water cooler so not a great expense. Oh have to dix a ding in the wing on the back of it though that wont take much.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:46 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,725 Posts
TV show filming at Tygum

We's going to be famous
For all members able to come on a Wednesday, Saturday Extra will be filming at Tygum Lagoon on Wednesday 1st of October from 9 AM to 12 PM.

Others reading the forum will note they are also covering Triple "S" as well.

We would like to see as diverse a range of boats as possible in aid of promoting the hobby in general, thanks in advance

Nick
Secretary
Logan City Marine Modellers
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:55 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
not happy

The new prodject boat i showed you didnt turn up this week as the postman we have cant read he delivered it to the other lot of units up the road and the stupid woman said no one by that name lives here so she sent the parcel back to sydney what a now i wont get it till the end of next week prolly im soooo off.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
no custom user title
northside brisbane australia
Joined Jun 2008
37 Posts
thats allright to blame the poor postie,how about putting the proper address on it in the first place !
AQUARIAN2 is offline Find More Posts by AQUARIAN2
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:44 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts

Oh dear......wouldn't we all love to be able to package all that perfection out there.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:10 PM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
im sure hes blind

the postie took it to the wrong address the sender emailed me and showed me the address it was spose to be sent to and it was the one i gave her so it was the posties fault now its gone back to sydney.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 04:57 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudgudgie
the postie took it to the wrong address the sender emailed me and showed me the address it was spose to be sent to and it was the one i gave her so it was the posties fault now its gone back to sydney.
It's OK Mudgudgie. As I understand it, the t-boned boat was recovered with a minor dent, and the owner was totally understanding, although a mite wet. minor detail. I can't see one legitimate reason for a naysayer to criticise you.

As for the postie getting it wrong, life happens, just don't take any notice of the negative naysayers, life's too funny to be taken seriously, just smile and ignore the negative bull. He'll learn to read one day.

Just don't forget, you're a member of one of the friendliest and best organised model boat clubs in Oz - forget any comment from that other one with your Club's ex-members.