HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:31 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2004
2,453 Posts
Some really nice boats there down under. Mark's cruiser appears to be a Sterling C-C 42' Corvette, a 48" model. Funny, when you see one in a picture out on the water, they don't look so big. However, when you hold one in your hands, it's a different story - large and heavy! They're very impressive models when you see one "in the flesh."
Thanks for sharing your pictures, Nick; it's always interesting to see them.
jeepers1940 is offline Find More Posts by jeepers1940
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,030 Posts
Ditto with Tom on the cooling jacket.
But what caught my eye is the braided water cooling lines. Very swish. Another great set of pics, as usual.
Good news about the access for John Darke.
'till later.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Aug 25, 2008, 02:32 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,623 Posts
Hi Paul,

Thanks, I thought they looked cool as well, Ill let you in on a little secret, Its just normal PVC tube with the xxxxxxxx xxx xx xx xxxxxxxx xxxxx The motor cooler is brilliant, the motor is cool to the touch after lots of full throttle and just a dribble out of the outlet. I pulled the motor out of the BPES because it use to get too hot with no cooling.
Regards
Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:45 PM
Joined Mar 2007
3,623 Posts
Sunday 31st August

A windy day, not to many were game to put boats in the water as the wind was coming stait into the wharf. Pussys . Russell H. brought down his Bluebird of Chealsea and Wyeforce tug, David with his battleship, Noel with his E-bay specials, the sailors that came down were happy, Rex and Jack.
I put in my 1/72 S-100 for the first time In true to scale North Sea conditions, and ran the crash boat until the coupler grub screw sliced through a motor wire.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:13 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,275 Posts
Thank You for the pictures.
Interesting bulb on Jacks sheet boat.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:19 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,035 Posts
Serious modelers go out in any rough seas and high winds.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 31, 2008, 04:14 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
1 st day on conversion.

THIS is the start of a beautiful relationship.
mudgudgie is offline Find More Posts by mudgudgie
Old Aug 31, 2008, 06:29 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
second stage of conversion

700 watercooled motor ready for bolting down just have to water proof the floor before i go ahead.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:12 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,035 Posts
You're actually making something of an NQD boat? This should be interesting.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 02:54 PM
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,030 Posts
Hey Mudgudgie.
I've converted one of those to a brushless setup. It's been robbed for parts at the moment, but I can soon get it all back together again. Two of these on the water together will look pretty cool. I'll bring it down next time I make the trip.
Cheers.
Paul.
Old Sep 03, 2008, 06:57 AM
brisbane
Joined Mar 2008
91 Posts
yeah

should be good only mines brushed so yours will prolly flog mine but hey if mine goes better than it did before i'll be happy.
Old Sep 03, 2008, 02:04 PM
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,030 Posts
It will certainly go better than before. Glad to see you moved the water pickup, because when these things get up on the plane properly the original pickups aren't even in the water.
Might get mine back together for this weekend. Not to come down there though, just at our club.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Best regards.
Paul.
Old Sep 06, 2008, 05:18 AM
Joined Mar 2007
3,623 Posts
Hi, Another really windy day, more boats on the water though(last weeks comment may have stirred the pot) every boat that did brave the weather bar one suffered water ingress problems, sorry .
Ricks Tito Neri didn't get a drop of water inside I had a little drive of it today WOW it handles and manoeuvres really well . Mudgugies e-bay special ended up like a sharkfin with only the bow pointing to the sky, Cols Mariner nearly sank, my crash boat hit the corner of the wharf arced over and did a perfect 10 dive on the other side. It is such a fun boat now it handles the chop so well, clearing the water completely but staying level the whole time. I have to GPS it again because it looks quite a bit faster now.
A new Launching today, Eleanors Buccan Babe Springer with Decaperm geared power and 50 mm prop. The initial test sail didn't quite go to plan after nose diving and shipping a fair amount of water, a dry out, reposition of battery and away she went again.
I ran the S-100 Schnell boot again in scale 8 - 10 metre waves. It handles well enough but because the deck is only a push fit into the hull after 10 minutes had to bring her in to empty her out.
Jack didn't put his sail boat in the water, no C rig

Regards
Nick
Old Sep 08, 2008, 03:04 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
294 Posts
ADAGIO (slow dancin' man)

Onya Eleanor, the toppest Club Treasurer in the Galaxy (says he grovelling).....and now this. Well really; Thomas tells me that he is peeved, but that he felt much better after he had had a couple of days on and around the paddle steamers at Echuca.

He also said to let everybody know that a P.S.ADELAIDE is now on the drawing board, and to let John Lewis that the foremast on his model of the P.S.EMMYLOU is not to scale. When I figure out how to do so, I'll send you a picture.

In the meantime, think sapling, about 3 metres long!!! I kid you not. The Skipper says that saplings are easier to replace when they hit the banks as they come about- as the once great Murray River is as dry as a drover's throat, it's easy to see his point.

Cheers from Thomas et al, and ADAGIO, the slow dancin' man.
ADAGIO is offline Find More Posts by ADAGIO
Old Sep 08, 2008, 11:11 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,035 Posts
Eleanors new Springer must be a brute with a Decaperm motor for a powerplant!

The powertrain for your Kingfisher looks awesome!