Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Should the US government provided free health care for all citizens?
Yes, government funded healthcare similar to the one in Canada should be available to US citizens. 8 13.79%
Yes, but the US should have a much better government funded health care than the one in Canada. 22 37.93%
Things are good the way they are, leave it alone. 28 48.28%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Poll
Government funded health care anyone?

A poll to see how many would like the US government to offer health care similar to what Canada has.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:15 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
I don't see a poll.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Sorry it took a bit longer to enter the questions than I though it would.
Next time I'll cut and paste them from a Word Processor.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
No worries.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:35 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
No option for "things are not good the way they are, but socialized medicine is not the answer". Nor an option for "set up an elective socialized care system which covers everyone who wants in, operates from it's own withholding system only for those who want in, is prohibited from other tax subsidies, and has it's own accounting system which is entirely separate from all over taxes".
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
No option for "things are not good the way they are, but socialized medicine is not the answer". Nor an option for "set up an elective socialized care system which covers everyone who wants in, operates from it's own withholding system only for those who want in, is prohibited from other tax subsidies, and has it's own accounting system which is entirely separate from all over taxes".
I wanted to include similar options but I didn't think it out before starting the thread. (my first poll)
Those are valid points.
I just wonder what most think of the health care system in Canada and whether they could live with it.
I personally don't think that Americans (at least my peers) would like it.
Those with more money would still get better care and those with little or no money would move up a notch but for people like me it would be a loss and probably and extra tax too.
I have good health insurance (double coverage from both mine and my wifes employment)
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:52 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
canadian healthcare is immoral because of the ban on private care...and this places the blood of those they kill, directly on every citizens hands who supports the ban.

it's also immoral because it treats adults as tools and children

and it is still a two tier system because they allow people to leave for care...if they can afford it.

if they were consistent, they'd not only trap people in the system by banning private care, they'd prevent anyone from traveling for care...to do otherwise 'dilutes' the pool by allowing money to be spent elsewhere...precisely the reason private care is banned.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Healthcare for everyone is a good thing, right?
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:01 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Of course it is. Everyone needs it. Shoes and food are also good things everyone needs. There are a lot of things everyone needs. Why this means the State should buy any of them for us, I have no idea.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:27 AM
Joined Aug 2006
25 Posts
The Canadian Health Care System is going through changes, and as stated in the Canadian Health System home page "is a work in Progress."

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/index_e.html

Although what Mr.Goat says may appear to be how things work in their system, there is a lot more to it.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/354/16/1661

Me thinks Mr.Goat has overreacted, things are not just black and white and not as "blood red" as he sees it.
orygun is offline Find More Posts by orygun
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Of course it is. Everyone needs it. Shoes and food are also good things everyone needs. There are a lot of things everyone needs. Why this means the State should buy any of them for us, I have no idea.
Like an education?
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:36 AM
Joined Aug 2006
25 Posts
More on changes to the Canadian Health System.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/healthcare/
orygun is offline Find More Posts by orygun
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:38 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orygun
The Canadian Health Care System is going through changes, and as stated in the Canadian Health System home page "is a work in Progress."

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hcs-sss/index_e.html

Although what Mr.Goat says may appear to be how things work in their system, there is a lot more to it.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/354/16/1661

Me thinks Mr.Goat has overreacted, things are not just black and white and not as "blood red" as he sees it.
Anything can be called a work in progress. Bans on *any* private care are suffficient to prove my contentions correct.

I note the second link has a fellow claiming that allowing parallel private systems will damage the socialized systems "competitive advantage". Well, yes, allowing anyone to actually compete will damage the 'competitive advantange' of using state power to outlaw competitions...which is quite a 'competitive advantage'.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:38 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhaney
Like an education?
yup, that too. i'm not as hardcore on that one...but socialized medicine, especially ones which ban competitors and force people into the system, are immoral.
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
How about roads. Should they pay for them?