HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
O. C. CA
Joined Jan 2005
816 Posts
Discussion
Making a RC AeroChopper simulator work?

I have an old Futabe Conquest flight simulator box, and would love to make it work with the FMS simulator. The problem is, when it is connected to the serial port, it conflicts with the mouse, in fact the computer installs it as a mouse. I tried ppjoy and picjoy to set it up, but still conflicts. Has anyone had any experence with this, or should I give up? Thanks for any help.

Himeros
himeros is offline Find More Posts by himeros
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by himeros
I have an old Futabe Conquest flight simulator box, and would love to make it work with the FMS simulator. The problem is, when it is connected to the serial port, it conflicts with the mouse, in fact the computer installs it as a mouse. I tried ppjoy and picjoy to set it up, but still conflicts. Has anyone had any experence with this, or should I give up? Thanks for any help. Himeros
If your Conquest has the standard FM Futaba 6 pin DIN socket, then purchase a Hitec USB Interface cable from your LHS.
These units do not work with simulators such as G3, Reflex XTR, Phoenix and Aerofly professional, which have proprietary dongles, but do work with a number of other older simulator programs. Refer to sub section "Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." on my web page for more details.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.