SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2009, 10:27 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,169 Posts
Is that the black GWS plastic mount? I have like 5 of them collecting dust..
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2009, 10:58 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2007
248 Posts
Yes it is! it looks like this: http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2386

If you don't mind, can I buy some off you?
csc369 is offline Find More Posts by csc369
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:17 AM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,169 Posts
They aren't worth the paypal fees. PM the address, I'll send you a couple.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:28 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2007
248 Posts
Really appreciate it, thank you!

C'mon GWS, these motor mounts are designed to break during impact, thus saving the rest of the aircraft, but this good intention is moot if spare parts are even more scarce than a glass of water in the middle of a desert..
Old Dec 06, 2009, 04:24 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc369 View Post

C'mon GWS, these motor mounts are designed to break during impact, thus saving the rest of the aircraft, but this good intention is moot if spare parts are even more scarce than a glass of water in the middle of a desert..
The mounts are so cheap that I purchased 10 of them so that I always have some on hand. Once they are in stock again I suggest you do the same.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Dec 06, 2009, 09:21 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2007
248 Posts
I did try getting extra mounts when I was ordering the airplane kit itself from my LHS, but the mounts were out of stock even then. My point was GWS shouldn't have let inventory level drop this badly..
Old Dec 07, 2009, 01:06 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Hi csc369,

There'll be many spare parts including this mount stocked by GWS USA soon, so they won't be out of stock then.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Dec 07, 2009, 06:21 AM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc369 View Post

Millenium RC also do a pretty decent one

http://www.millenniumrc.com/MotorMount.html
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Dec 07, 2009, 06:12 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2007
248 Posts
Thanks for the assurance, Chen. Woodsy, second source is always a good thing .
Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:29 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Feb 2009
721 Posts
What online store offers the best shipping? Its got to come to hamilton ontario, so i know its going to cost an arm and leg. Which is best the EPO or the EPS?
Thanks, Alex
Santoneski is offline Find More Posts by Santoneski
Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:37 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,408 Posts
epo is more durable, for shipping try caliber hobby or allerc, or hicountry hobby, don't know about Canada though good luck http://www.caliberhobby.com/gwst6_kits.html i am pretty sure that caliber has the cheapest epo kits, they are harder to find, if you choose eps hicountry hobby, and allerc have the better price.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
Old Jan 01, 2010, 06:37 AM
Mallorca, Spain
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
Gws at6

Hi Guys,

I am new to this, but have recently finished my GWS AT6 and thought i would post some photos.

I have been really impressed with the quality of this kit and had loads of fun building her.

Power comes from GWS 2212/13 motor with 1300 battery and APC or GWS 9x6 prop. AUW weight is light @ 467gr. Flies smoother on the APC prop.

I have been very happy with the ways she flies on this set up. She is fast and will happily do any manoeuvre you ask. Plane looks great in the air on a low pass.

I land her in an open area close to my home in long grass.

I have just started to build another one, this time with wheels which i will fly from a nearby cricket club. I think i will try a Tower pro 2410 Bell motor in this one using a 10x6 three bladed GWS HD prop. Wow these Tower pro motors are good value, i paid $5 for mine. Seems to have bags of torque and thrust with this set up.

I will let you now how i get on with the maiden in due course.

Cheers Nick
nicksc is offline Find More Posts by nicksc
Old Jan 01, 2010, 12:16 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Feb 2009
721 Posts
Thanks ill check out those sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
epo is more durable, for shipping try caliber hobby or allerc, or hicountry hobby, don't know about Canada though good luck http://www.caliberhobby.com/gwst6_kits.html i am pretty sure that caliber has the cheapest epo kits, they are harder to find, if you choose eps hicountry hobby, and allerc have the better price.
Santoneski is offline Find More Posts by Santoneski
Old Jan 01, 2010, 07:28 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,408 Posts
no problem san

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

nick, just a question. is your cg dead on with the manual suggestion? if so i would consider trying it a bit more forward for your maiden. My epo version uses this motor see link above. this motor with a 2100 tp prolite lipo with a 32 amp esc all the way forward. she flies awesome like this. i may be a little nose heavy but i usually start nose heavy then work it back. if i were using a smaller motor and battery i would have to put in noticeable down trim to keep it level. good luck let us know how it goes. this is a great flying plane and i am so glad to see some new interest in it. now i am going to whact a chic flick with the wife. later ryan
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
Old Jan 02, 2010, 04:11 AM
Mallorca, Spain
Joined Dec 2009
35 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your comments and support.

Using the suggested COG as per the manual, my plane even with the small motor and battery is nose heavy. I need down trim when flying to stop her pitching up, especially @ WOT. I have moved the battery forward to try and cure this, and seems to make some difference. Perhaps a bigger battery would help, but i like to keep them light. Any suggestions?

Cheers Nick
nicksc is offline Find More Posts by nicksc