HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:41 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Pat,

I'd expect the first shipment of AT-6 to arrive in Taiwan within
next week.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:46 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
Thanks Chen!

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:20 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Sent my Fax to GWS this morning at 10 AM. It is now 1 PM and I have just received a call from my bank asking me to confirm that the GWS Credit Card transaction was genuine. So it appears that the Fax method of paying for the Early Birds is definitely the safest.

May has stated in an email to me this morning:-
Quote "Morever,The shipp day will be the second day in May from us ."

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:34 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Ken,

We'll do our best to ship EB kits earlier.

Chen
Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:03 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Sent my Fax to GWS this morning at 10 AM. It is now 1 PM and I have just received a call from my bank asking me to confirm that the GWS Credit Card transaction was genuine. So it appears that the Fax method of paying for the Early Birds is definitely the safest.

May has stated in an email to me this morning:-
Quote "Morever,The shipp day will be the second day in May from us ."

Ken

Whilst acknowledging Chen's post about trying to ship earlier I'd still have to observe that actually charging the transaction to your card significantly in advance of being able to deliver the goods is not good practice. Most on-line traders make the point that if goods are not in stock your card won't be charged until they are.

The over-riding point I'm trying to make is that there are several zillion on line traders all around the world and (don't tell my wife) I reckon I'm dealing with about half of them on a regular basis. In the last two years I've only encountered one other organisation that has asked me to use technology as cranky and insecure as a fax to supply my credit card details. I did with them what I do with GWS which is to send part of the info by fax and part by email and pray that the people at GWS keep that very sensitive information secure. There are plenty of professional and commercial organisations that will set up a secure payment system for you and I think GWS should do it.

I daren't fly my new 190 because until the reinforcing plug for the cowl is finished I'm terrified that the first flight is going to leave me needing a spare. Where will I get it from and how will I pay for it? I'd like to think that GWS Taiwan would supply a worldwide spare parts and/or direct sales service. This would not be "competing with their own dealers" because with the possible exception of GWS USA no-one that I know of carries anything remotely approaching a complete inventory of GWS spares. Sure I can order anything through the UK importer but because it'll come by sea I can expect to wait at least three months to see it - that's unacceptable. So if it was me I'd employ someone to set up an online sales facility, I'd promote it, I'd hold a proper inventory of parts, I'd have excellent packaging and I'd have a secure payment system. Good grief, if one or two man organisations all around the world can do it, why can't GWS? Every business I've ever worked for had front line dealers but backed up by a factory facility for parts supply. Very few people are going to routinely buy complete aircraft other than E/B's direct from GWS because of the shipping cost but parts/components is an entirely different matter.

This is all off topic but I'd comment in passing that they're going to need to be pretty smart with the marketing of the new 30XX motor range because these are certainly not going to sell on price alone - unlike the aircraft kits there's a bunch of motors already out there which, on price, will provide very fierce competition for GWS.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:10 AM
junior flyboy
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
Hi Roger.

You have a point there on the spare parts supply. There is only one shop here in the Netherlands that carries a few GWS planes.
I want to start an (online)shop with GWS planes, parts and so on. In that process I wouldn't mind to have a, factory backed, spareparts stock.

Shipment in Europe from the Netherlands wouldn't take months. But I think you are right and factory backing in this is essential!

Henk Westra.
62vette is offline Find More Posts by 62vette
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:33 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Henk,

I'd believe that my boss would make a decision on the direct orders' issue , but would you make a real comment on this issue if you've decided to establish an online shop in Netherland carrying most GWS spare parts.

Chen
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:43 AM
junior flyboy
Netherlands
Joined Mar 2007
59 Posts
Chen, are you questioning my intentions?

Am I not allowed to share my thoughts on the subject until I have all the paperwork in order with our chamber of commerce here in the Netherlands?

If I have misunderstood what you where trying to tell me, I apologize. I know you are always trying to helpl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Henk,

I'd believe that my boss would make a decision on the direct orders' issue , but would you make a real comment on this issue if you've decided to establish an online shop in Netherland carrying most GWS spare parts.

Chen
62vette is offline Find More Posts by 62vette
Last edited by 62vette; Apr 13, 2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:37 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Henk,

I did not question your intention of being one of GWS dealers in
Netherland at all. To the contrary, You're welcome to become our dealer, and I appreciate your intention very much as well. Moreover, you're also welcome to share your thoughts with all friends here.

I was afraid that hobby shop owners would Not be happy to know
that friends were trying to order spare parts from GWS directly.

Chen
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi EB friends,

You'd be glad to know that all EB's AT-6 can be shipped from Taiwan within next week.

Chen
Old Apr 20, 2007, 01:52 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
That's good news Chen. I'm looking forward to getting my kit!

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
I m looking forward to it too
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Apr 22, 2007, 07:49 AM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Do you think we will be able to do this with the GWS AT-6? Go to this site...
http://www.flyinglions.co.za/water_skiing.htm
and YES, it is real.

Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:28 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Ratty,

Very Fantastic ! They are more than great ! Much more than "Touch and Go".
I'd guess you'd be able to do the same with GWS AT-6.

Chen
Old Apr 22, 2007, 09:38 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Rat
Do you think we will be able to do this with the GWS AT-6? Go to this site...
http://www.flyinglions.co.za/water_skiing.htm
and YES, it is real.

Ratty
See my earlier post for the action version

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=38
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard