HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:40 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi RyramZ,

You'd be glad to know that there'll be more EPO GWS birds, tougher but a little heavier. Yes, too much full throttle with high capacity battery and without applying enough cooling on this motor might have been the problem. Did you fly this AT-6 for pylon racing ?

Chen
hi Chen. this seems like the most likely answer, although i am also going to try the watt meter like Herk suggested..no pylon racing just sky ripping!
what's next models for EPO...

thanks guys, Ryramz
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 04:14 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Hi RyramZ,

I've been told that there'll be EPO kits on more GWS birds.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old May 27, 2009, 04:18 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Hi RyramZ,

I've been told that there'll be EPO kits on more GWS birds.

Chen

check out this epo p 40 Chen..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Hi RyramZ,

You did very good jobs on these two birds. You'll have a speedy AT-6. I'm sure that they are all happy with this beautiful runway.

Chen
Old Jun 01, 2009, 10:33 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Hi RyramZ,

You did very good jobs on these two birds. You'll have a speedy AT-6. I'm sure that they are all happy with this beautiful runway.

Chen

Chen , thanks, i did the upgrade to the t6 ,,flys great..only added two tenths of an oz. to my auw..as far as the runway goes i rarely use it, it is too close to the street....

p.s. where can i find rotating retracts for epo p 40?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2009, 01:02 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Hi RyramZ,

I'm afraid that GWS retracts are not rotating ones, but GWS steerable nose retract, GWRGP004, might be an alternative for this purpose if you could add something special on it.
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...gear_rg-mn.htm

Chen

p.s. I've just discussed this idea with Boss. He seems to prefer making a new one instead.
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Jun 02, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2009, 11:36 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Hi RyramZ,

I'm afraid that GWS retracts are not rotating ones, but GWS steerable nose retract, GWRGP004, might be an alternative for this purpose if you could add something special on it.
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...gear_rg-mn.htm

Chen

p.s. I've just discussed this idea with Boss. He seems to prefer making a new one instead.

Chen, sounds like a great idea..if you made rotating retracts the corsair and the p 40 could use the same retracts.. I like the way the p 40 has the option of landing gear. GWS could use the same method for retracts, have the channels and positions necessary for the retracts molded into the foam, if you don't want to use them, you don't have too, they could be sold seperately..the p 40 has a thick wing it would be strong enough to survive some rough landings, especially if there were reinforcements molded into the landing gear location...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2009, 12:51 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Hi RyramZ,

Yes, indeed. But normally Boss needs months to make up his mind on a new product.

Chen
Old Jun 03, 2009, 03:02 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ
Chen, sounds like a great idea..if you made rotating retracts the corsair and the p 40 could use the same retracts.. I like the way the p 40 has the option of landing gear. GWS could use the same method for retracts, have the channels and positions necessary for the retracts molded into the foam, if you don't want to use them, you don't have too, they could be sold seperately..the p 40 has a thick wing it would be strong enough to survive some rough landings, especially if there were reinforcements molded into the landing gear location...
When compared to the retract installation in the GWS A-6 the instalation in a GWS-40 will not weaken the wing as much because the wing section just behind the LE does not need to have a wheel well cut into it.

I have looked at the retract installation on a larger P-40 model and that has given me some idea on how to make a set of rotating retracts. The GWS nose gear mentioned by Chen could easily be modified by adding a fixed length linkage with ball connectors on each end.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Jun 03, 2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Add Photos
Old Jun 03, 2009, 02:03 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,086 Posts
There is a guy on here (Orion Pax) that has created a set of 90 rotating retracts that have been successfully installed in an Art-Tech Corsair, and he is currently working on a Freewing Hellcat retrofit (see post 50 for ordering details).

I have a set of these and am planning on retrofitting my GWS P-40 sometime in the near future. Once I do I'll post up a link to my mod thread on the GWS-40 thread.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:51 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
Joined Nov 2008
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Hi RyramZ,

Yes, indeed. But normally Boss needs months to make up his mind on a new product.

Chen

Hi Chen.
except for orion pax, if your boss decides to make them, GWS would be the only company making them for a park flyer size plane..the only ones out there are one of a kind, or way to big..i am firly certain you would sell a lot of them
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 03, 2009, 09:03 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,657 Posts
Hi RyramZ,

Thank you, I'd be pleased to keep Boss informed of your words.

Hi Ken,

Yes, that's what I expected indeed. I'd believe that you could be smart enough to modify the retract GWS steerable nose gear.

Chen
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:58 PM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
a new thing I tried on my T6 and I love it!
First I added flaperion mix to my T6 ailerons. and then I mixed the rudder stick into it. as a result, I can add in variable flapperions or spoilerons while flying - instead of flipping a switch to a preset amount! I love adding in spoilerions into this plane with a bit of left rudder stick. doing so will pitch the nose up. this is great as what I found is you can do a lot slower and tighter turn than possible without them. I noticed without any spoilerion mixed in the nose tends to drop down in an aileron turn and a too tight or too slow and tight turn it will want to drop out of the sky, not so with a bunch of spoilerion added in. try it it's awesome! I can also trim in as much spoilerion or flapperion (with the rudder trim) while flying, or use the stick. it is another cool fun thing to do with your T6 and works great on it. btw, I do not use the rudder on my T6, it is glued solid. just ailerions and elevator.
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:10 PM
Forfeit Aircraft
Joined Jul 2007
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositivelyJoe
a new thing I tried on my T6 and I love it!
First I added flaperion mix to my T6 ailerons. and then I mixed the rudder stick into it. as a result, I can add in variable flapperions or spoilerons while flying - instead of flipping a switch to a preset amount! I love adding in spoilerions into this plane with a bit of left rudder stick. doing so will pitch the nose up. this is great as what I found is you can do a lot slower and tighter turn than possible without them. I noticed without any spoilerion mixed in the nose tends to drop down in an aileron turn and a too tight or too slow and tight turn it will want to drop out of the sky, not so with a bunch of spoilerion added in. try it it's awesome! I can also trim in as much spoilerion or flapperion (with the rudder trim) while flying, or use the stick. it is another cool fun thing to do with your T6 and works great on it. btw, I do not use the rudder on my T6, it is glued solid. just ailerions and elevator.
How cool is that! I'd love to see a video. Not a flying vid, just one that shows the control surfaces working to your mix.

CC
customcougar is offline Find More Posts by customcougar
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:03 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
motor question

I am considering buying the GWS-T6 (EPO). Would this motor have enough power to fly this model in a scale manner? The reason I ask is that I have one laying around and am looking for a good home for it.

Thanks

Mike K

http://www.lightflightrc.com/HTML/p.../SP_2208-14.htm
heymak is offline Find More Posts by heymak