HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 05, 2007, 02:38 PM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
You're vulnerable to "phishing" with PayPal (if you fall for it) but it still has to be a million times safer than emailing or faxing a document with your card details
Chen,
Roger is quite right. Paypal is really simple to operate for all concerned and, in the short term, probably easier than a secure site - but that depends on your IT team.
I had an EB offer note from May this morning with the details of the AT 6 and replied asking for the kit with the motor- I wanted to try the GWS brushless and my slopes are nowhere as good a Roger's. Actually, it suits me best to have the white model anyway - it's a bit of a pain having to paint over the other colours - except silver. I'm rambling arn't I?.... But I don't care, I've been working on real aeroplanes all day (Hawker Hunters) and I'm on a high.

Hopefully, May will respond tomorrow.
Cheers
Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2007, 06:50 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
I totaly agree with you Roger, it can never be safe enough. Paypal is a good alternative or additional payment option.
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Old Apr 05, 2007, 07:06 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Hi Pat,

The prices are in this thread but in a PDF document;

GWSAEO026A: GWS-T6 NPS White ------ $35
GWSAEO026M: GWS-T6 BL2215 White -- $60
Thanks Roger. I did not realize the second PDF had shipping pricing. I thought we would see another email from May when pricing was determined. I will email May again for an invoice.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Apr 08, 2007, 11:13 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Hi Ratty,

I've noticed that some friends from Yahoo R/C group were talking about PayPal, they did not even think that it's safe though it's been considered as a safer way by lots of people. Well, I do not have any idea about PayPal at all. My colleagues have been trying their best to protect GWS mail server and make it safer. On the other hand, I'd like to further discuss PayPal issue with my boss.

AT-6 has been tested to fly well in Taiwan by Tommy Lai, I've posted two videos earlier. AT-6 flew faster than FW-190 when applying same setup.

Regards,
Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Apr 08, 2007, 11:16 AM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,148 Posts
not only is pay pal not safe, their customer service is non-existant and their guarantees worthless. I got identity thefted, and about 90% sure from there - they wouldn't even respond to me, even after I provided all the details from where ebay was hacked - ebay wouldn't respond either. It may be convienent, but God help you if you get ripped off through ebay or paypal!

This is addition to the expensive fees they charge.

I say boycott ebay/PayPal - it was good in the beginning, but a haven for crooks now.
spinnetti is online now Find More Posts by spinnetti
Old Apr 08, 2007, 12:00 PM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
chen,
Obviously, the safest method is to set up a secure server and work out of that -but nothing is 100% safe on the internet! I am sure you folks will sort out something. and sometimes it is a relativity issue - is it safer to send the details by email or pay by other means!
Best Wished

Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:13 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,683 Posts
I sent my CC Form to May just now to order my GWS-T6. Now all I have to do is wait for that shipping notice from EMS! w00t!

Pat
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Hi Ratty & Spinnetti,

It's hard to make it totally safe and it seems that PayPal is not
safe, either. At least from what I've been told.

Before finding out the safest way to send the details I'd like to suggest sending most details by Fax, then e-mail the rest of them. Be sure to so inform the receipient before sending them out.

Chen
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I sent my payment details for my E/B over a week ago and I've been running out into the road looking for the postman for the last couple of days (I jest ) but I was disappointed to discover today that they aren't even going to be despatched until 24th of the month - nearly another two weeks

Can anyone make me even more fed up by telling me they've had theirs already?

Edit - that was a dumb question cos I can think of a whole bunch of you guys who'll delight in winding me up by saying you've already had yours. Rephrase the question - can anyone show me they've had theirs
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:59 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Previously I have sent my Credit Card form for the Early Birds by Fax and will also do this for the AT-6 today. This will mean a quick trip to the Post Office but I will have to go to the shopping center for groceries anyway so itís not an inconvenience.

As far as PayPal is concerned I have been using them for more than 4 years and find the system easy and quick to use. I have had no problems with PayPal but I am on PayPal Australia not PayPal USA. With GWS Early birds the ordering process is drawn out so there is no need for speed of payment and the Fax is safer in this case

I have not yet decided if I am going to convert my AT-6 to the Australian built version that was called the Wirraway. The major visible difference is the shape of the rudder and elevators as well as the use of rounded wing tips.

Ken.
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Apr 12, 2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,683 Posts
Roger,

I'd love to rattle your cage, but alas, I have not received mine yet, or even an email as to when it will ship. There may be an email at home waiting in my inbox right now though.

Pat
Old Apr 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I got the despatch date by emailing May to ask when it had been sent - and got back the news about not until the 24th......

I've had no problem with PayPal and on one occasion when I was being ripped off by a dealer in Germany PayPal got my money back in short order. Unless you're dumb enough to fall for one of the "please confirm your details...." e-mails that I get every day from banks all over the world and from people purporting to be PayPal I think its as safe as any online system gets. If you look at how many million transactions are completed evey day on eBay, mostly using PayPal, neither could survive if they weren't, by and large, doing it right. I'll grant you they're not easy to contact but then neither is my energy supplier
Old Apr 12, 2007, 04:24 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Previously I have sent my Credit Card form for the Early Birds by Fax and will also do this for the AT-6 today. This will mean a quick trip to the Post Office but I will have to go to the shopping center for groceries anyway so itís not an inconvenience.

...........Ken.
Ken,
If you have Windows XP you might be able to fax direct from your desk. Try clicking on start/all programs/accessories/communications/fax

Roger
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:27 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Hi Friends,

I've been told that Chinese EMS postage is more expensive than Taiwan by US$10. I'm afraid that you'd Not be happy if EB kits are shipped from China as the postage would be quoted higher. The first lot of AT-6 will be shipped to Taiwan, EB kits will then be mailed by GWS HQ.

Chen
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,683 Posts
Hello Chen,

Thank you for the update. When do you expect the 1st shipment to arrive in Taiwan?

Pat