HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:03 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Red you really can't compare UPS overground to EMS - on what basis are you saying the shipping charges are exhorbitant? Give me a example of air shipping something in to the US from overseas that makes the GWS charge look wrong. I posted this earlier this month http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=90 and I still think that as a general rule, if GWS want to take more earlybird orders, they need to discount the retail price - the shipping is actually pretty competitive.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:53 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,373 Posts
I have to agree with Roger here. A package of that size from China/Taiwan certainly will cost a good bit.

My logic is that the EBs should only be charged wholesale for the kit, and pay the normal shipping fees.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Mar 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
EB Freight costs to UK

Does anyone know what the EB freight costs for the FW 190 or the 262 were to the UK?
Thanks
Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:16 AM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
I m waiting for May to get back to me the price of shipping the AT-6 to here
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:41 AM
East Hartford, CT
Joined Sep 2006
1,304 Posts
I like the wholesale price idea. Make lets say 100 EB planes that will sell at wholesale price. This will still accomplish the goal of getting the plane in the field and after the 100 sell out, no more EBs can be bought. So the overall loss is small and the gain from the exposure is great. Plus I'm sure if the price was right, 100 EB planes would be very very easy to sell.
wedge98 is offline Find More Posts by wedge98
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:23 AM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Red you really can't compare UPS overground to EMS - on what basis are you saying the shipping charges are exhorbitant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
I have to agree with Roger here. A package of that size from China/Taiwan certainly will cost a good bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
...several years ago, I ordered a Slow Stick from GWS USA, and the shipping (from California to Oklahoma) nearly cost me more than the airplane did!
Guys -- please read my post again. I'm not talking about overseas shipping. I'm talking about a general practice of overcharging for shipping at GWS. I am certain this general practice includes overseas shipping (as well as domestic shipping).
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
Old Mar 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
OK Red I missed that and I can't comment, having had no experience of it, on GWS shipping with the contiguous US but EMS from Taiwan to the UK at $35 is competitive.

There's your answer Ratty
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:01 PM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Chen -- I'm excited about the AT6 -- sounds good.

However, at this point, I would LOVE to see GWS release an F-5 / T-38 / F-20.

If GWS released an F-5, you would make my two favorite aircraft (P-38, and F-5).
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:10 PM
'Riders fan.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joined Mar 2004
1,165 Posts
I'd love to see an F-5 (although given the option an CF105 would be my first choice).

I think you would definately need cheater holes on that one though. Those intakes are tiny tiny.

sigh... I really need to spend the $4k and get myself a foam cutting CNC machine...
David Winter is offline Find More Posts by David Winter
Last edited by David Winter; Mar 30, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks for your suggetions!

GWS will make more EDF JETs!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Triplane Addict
Winchester MA
Joined Jun 2004
1,770 Posts
mig 28 baby!
68Strat is offline Find More Posts by 68Strat
Old Mar 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge98
I like the wholesale price idea. Make lets say 100 EB planes that will sell at wholesale price. This will still accomplish the goal of getting the plane in the field and after the 100 sell out, no more EBs can be bought. So the overall loss is small and the gain from the exposure is great. Plus I'm sure if the price was right, 100 EB planes would be very very easy to sell.
Wedge,

Good comments. However, I think the point we are trying to make is that since GWS sells kits to the distributors at wholesale (they certainly don't sell to them at full MSRP), then GWS really isn't losing at all. They are simply getting the going wholesale rate as usual from the EB orders.

Red, I too have never ordered and had a kit shipped within CONUS, so I cannot comment there either. Sorry for confusing your post.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:55 PM
mark
blue mountains
Joined Sep 2006
1,725 Posts
Mr Lin did you say you where thinking of making a F1-11 for me and a hurrican for Roger....both with pilots? oh Mr Lin thank you so much
taxdodger is offline Find More Posts by taxdodger
Old Apr 02, 2007, 05:55 AM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
Has anybody receive their early birds? I cant wait to get mine.
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Apr 02, 2007, 10:30 AM
Oh well...
USA, OH, Huffman Prairie
Joined Dec 2004
422 Posts
Price

I think there would be some very unhappy hobby shop owners if the GWS factory was selling to the public at anything less than retail prices. They may not be very pleased about it as it is.

Mr. Lin has to keep everyone happy....not an easy job when the world is full of cry-babies. (Present company excepted...of course. )

I'll order a T-6 from my LHS. I have plenty to keep me busy until it comes in.

Cheers...

jd
jd2001 is offline Find More Posts by jd2001