HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 14, 2007, 08:47 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,690 Posts
Hi Bill,

You're welcome !
Would you keep us posted of your good works. Thanks

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2007, 01:14 AM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
I just recieved my kit...and wouldn't you know it, the left wing was warped. I don't know if this question was already asked, but what is that slick coating on the model?
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit
Old May 16, 2007, 04:10 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,690 Posts
Bandit,

This would be the first time. Would you apply a hair dryer and
keep it at least 2" (50mm) away from the warped area, heat it
5 seconds then try to correct it back manually. Repeat these until
you make it. Someone has tried to make it in hot water. This way
works too.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old May 17, 2007, 09:59 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Thanks for the advice Chen, the shop that I purchased the kit from will send out a new wing. Heating the wing and bending...I'm concerned that I might put in some unwanted angles.
Old May 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
That's how I fixed my Formosa - After gluing it up straight, the empanage did the classic 'Mosa Twist. All is relativly straight now. And one of my favorite fliers. But if you can get a new wing, all the better. Seems like the pipeline if full of parts now.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old May 18, 2007, 10:02 AM
Flyboy
Annapolis, Md
Joined Oct 2004
735 Posts
I just received my T-6 kit and it is absolutely beautiful. The airframe is nicely detailed and a little beefier then the past GWS planes. It came with real wheels rather than those silly spoked wheels which I always immediately threw away. The decals offer a variety of choices of which era the plane was flown in. It is set up for two ailerons and even had the Y connection wire included. The box it came in was much stronger and the packageing we well done.

Mr. Lin you and your people have done a really great job on this plane. Good work. I hope the P-40 and all your other planes continue to be of the same quality. Thank you. Bill
Bill Lesko is offline Find More Posts by Bill Lesko
Old May 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
Belmont, CA
Joined Jan 2006
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lesko
...It is set up for two ailerons and even had the Y connection wire included... Bill
Does it have set-up options for the old one servo set-up as well? Or will one servo for ailerons not work for a plane of this size?
malibu43 is offline Find More Posts by malibu43
Old May 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Flyboy
Annapolis, Md
Joined Oct 2004
735 Posts
Hey Malibu, I just looked at it briefly before work this AM and remember seeing the two aileron bays for servos and the Y connector wire. I also think the ailerons are only in the outer wing panels and I don't recall a slot molded in for an aileron torque wire. On the other hand, my memory sucks so I could be wrong, but don't think I am. The Y connector wire leads me to believe it was meant to be with two servos. No reason you can't install one servo by carefully cutting in your own slot and using your own torque wires just like the GWS Corsair, DC-3, etc. Either way you'll love it. Call EPYAYA, they still may have one left. Bill
Bill Lesko is offline Find More Posts by Bill Lesko
Old May 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
There is no provision for the single aileron servo and though you could no doubt engineer in that sort of arrangement in, why would you want to, apart from saving the cost of one servo? If you have a computer tx with mixing then twin aileron servos gives you the option of flaperons, you have lots of room in the fuselage where the central servo and its pushrods would normally be, you can set up differential aileron control more easily and you get more accurate aileron control anyway. My only minor beef about the new set-up is to advise you to make sure that the screws in the aileron pushrod connectors are tight on the control wires not simply bottomed in their threads. This is especially so if you use the next thinner gauge of wire for some reason. I'm using grub screws instead of the countersinks supplied.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old May 18, 2007, 03:30 PM
Belmont, CA
Joined Jan 2006
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
There is no provision for the single aileron servo and though you could no doubt engineer in that sort of arrangement in, why would you want to, apart from saving the cost of one servo? If you have a computer tx with mixing then twin aileron servos gives you the option of flaperons, you have lots of room in the fuselage where the central servo and its pushrods would normally be, you can set up differential aileron control more easily and you get more accurate aileron control anyway. My only minor beef about the new set-up is to advise you to make sure that the screws in the aileron pushrod connectors are tight on the control wires not simply bottomed in their threads. This is especially so if you use the next thinner gauge of wire for some reason. I'm using grub screws instead of the countersinks supplied.
Yeah, the only reason I would be interested in single servo is to avoid buying another servo. Two would work better, and that would give me a chance to experiement with flaperons, which is something I haven't done yet.

Well my shopping cart on EPYAYA has the T-6 w/ 2215, some extra 9x5 props, a CC TB-18, and some bullet connectors. That puts me at $100.18 - just enough for free shipping!

I'm having a serious issue with making a decision right now, though. I barely have enough time to fly my PT-17, F4U, and P-51. I don't know if I can justify tying up another $100+ of my money in a plane that's just going to hang in the closet most of the time!

But, on the other hand, I've been browsing around the Reno Air Racing site, so...yeah...the little red man with a pitchfork on my shoulder keeps whispering "AT-6, AT-6..."

And I'm sure I can guess what sort of advice I'll get from everyone here...
Old May 18, 2007, 03:37 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
1st piece of advice - you can't have too many planes
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old May 18, 2007, 03:39 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
Wow, I usually take 5-6 planes to the field each weekend. Don't know what I'd do if I only had 3-4 to choose from.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old May 18, 2007, 04:05 PM
Belmont, CA
Joined Jan 2006
588 Posts
Uh-oh, just saw the P-40 thread. GWS sure isn't making this easy by releasing all these at once!
Last edited by malibu43; May 18, 2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old May 18, 2007, 04:14 PM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu43
Uh-oh, just saw the P-40 thread. GWS sure isn't making this easy by releasing all these at once!
Whatever you do...don't read the F-15 thread. I'm still trying to catch up on my builds.
Old May 18, 2007, 04:53 PM
Belmont, CA
Joined Jan 2006
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit
Whatever you do...don't read the F-15 thread. I'm still trying to catch up on my builds.
Actually, I have seen that one, but I have to agree with Roger's post here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...52&postcount=4

These bigger warbirds are giving me a hard enough time as it is, as they require different motors, more servos, more storage space, and more room to fly than my current GWS fleet. The last thing I need is to buy bigger more expensive batteries and twice as many motors for each plane.