HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:55 AM
Joined Apr 2003
25 Posts
Discussion
Feigao brushless setup for T-IFO

I am new to brushless motor setups and need some advice or just a hint on how the 3 black wires on the motor are hooked up to theR, Y, G wires on the speed controller to make the motor spin the right way on the gws gearbox. Is it programmable? I did read that it does not matter(won't hurt anything) if you hook it up wrong, but I was hoping to get it right the first time, so i do not have to go through the hassle of soldering and shrink tubing all over again.Can anyone give me a clue?
Alan
Alan T. is offline Find More Posts by Alan T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:46 AM
rc, Rc, RC, RCRCRC
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined May 2005
349 Posts
Hook all three up. If its backward un-hook two and swap. Its that easy.
cjz89civic is offline Find More Posts by cjz89civic
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:59 AM
Southern New Jersey
Joined Jan 2002
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T.
I am new to brushless motor setups and need some advice or just a hint on how the 3 black wires on the motor are hooked up to theR, Y, G wires on the speed controller to make the motor spin the right way on the gws gearbox. Is it programmable? I did read that it does not matter(won't hurt anything) if you hook it up wrong, but I was hoping to get it right the first time, so i do not have to go through the hassle of soldering and shrink tubing all over again.Can anyone give me a clue?
Alan
Hook them up at first tempoary no solder, if it is right then solder and insulate, just be sure you don't let the three wires short out when you try to run the motor just a short blip of the throttle is all you need. Don M.
Don M. is offline Find More Posts by Don M.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:07 AM
Joined Apr 2003
25 Posts
Thanks guys. That is the part I do not like. The possibility of them shorting out. Also, I had the motor and controller at my work,were I have an arbor press, to put the pinion on and a good iron to solder with. I know it was only a minor inconvenience I was trying to avoid, but I am eager to get this done. Thanks for your input, Alan
Alan T. is offline Find More Posts by Alan T.