HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
Lovin' this florida weather!
I get around!
Joined Oct 2006
1,886 Posts
Question
GWS Pico J3 F Slope Glider Park Flyer EP ARF 39.8"

Are these any good? More specifically... do they fly well? And if I decide to put some GWS floats on it down the road... do they work well together?

I was debating on buying this "slope glider kit" since I have plenty of "spare parts" to get her flying no problem!

Just making sure i'm spending my money wisely, lol. But for $15.00... it's not like it's a major risk either, lol.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXHCJ7&P=K

Thanks for any advice/comments/opinions about this plane.

Fun and safe flying
~Tim~ (TheDustyPagan)
TheDustyPagan is offline Find More Posts by TheDustyPagan
Last edited by thedustypagan; Mar 26, 2007 at 05:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2007, 08:51 PM
soar-ne
omaha ne
Joined May 2005
765 Posts
I have had one for 3-4 years, very nice slow relaxing flier but will not fly in anything more than a light breeze. Mine still has the little IPS-A motor in it but any of the small CDrom motors make it that much better. I have had a Westport in it before and its a great little flier then, but I have it in something else now. www.m-a-e.com If you build it lite it is a real sky crawler for those calm summer evenings.
If that is what you are looking for "Try It"
Bob
soar-ne is offline Find More Posts by soar-ne
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
I get around!
Joined Oct 2006
1,886 Posts
Alright, so this plane is a "calm day flyer" then. I guess i'm gonna have to pass on it. Too bad too, I really like the looks. But, I get too many windy days over here by the coast, to get "another" calm day flying plane. It's rare to get a calmer day than 5 or 6mph winds over here. Well, at least during this time of the year anyway. Maybe i'll buy it during the summer when the weather is nicer.

Thanks for the input!!

Fun and safe flying
~Tim~ (TheDustyPagan)
Old Mar 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
Brookings, OR.
Joined Dec 2005
238 Posts
Take a look at GWS CUB with a twist thread.

Mike F
Mike F is offline Find More Posts by Mike F
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:39 PM
Jim Kind
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined May 2003
147 Posts
The GWS Estarter flies well in the wind...fly mine in 30km/h winds...and the GWS Floats work well on this plane.

Jim
jkind is offline Find More Posts by jkind
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
I get around!
Joined Oct 2006
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkind
The GWS Estarter flies well in the wind...fly mine in 30km/h winds...and the GWS Floats work well on this plane.

Jim
That they do....