SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
572 Posts
Discussion
Four Stroke Recommendation for WM Spot On 50

I'm looking for a 4 stroke engine for my new WM Spot On 50.

http://theworldmodels.com/para/produ...airplaneid=162

The instructions recommend a 52-70. I was thinking of a Magnum 70. This is going to be my first 4 stroke after many years of 2 stroke experience from RC cars, helis and now planes, so I would like a fairly easy start to my 4s experience

Do you guys think the Magnum will be OK?.....or should I go the whole hog and get a Magnum 91?
dtm360 is online now Find More Posts by dtm360
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:52 PM
I Wish I Was Flying...
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Nov 2006
679 Posts
I would definitely go with a Magnum .91RFS. I just fired mine up (it beign my first four stroke as well) and this thing is great! I love it. I have already run 5 tanks through it tonight, breaking it in, and I am so eager to get it in my plane and fly! I knwo that it is only like 1 oz more than the 70, and like $20 more. The weight penalty is negligible, and you are already getting a good deal on the motor for like $150. There isn't much to complain about, other than the weather! Magnum .91 hands down!

P.S. I have been hand starting it, becuase my starter isn't here yet, and it was even easy to do that, even on a brand new engine. Now I am looking at 2 to 3 flips and the engine is running, even when it is super super rich. This thing is a hoss!
sdueck is offline Find More Posts by sdueck