HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2007, 12:25 AM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,039 Posts
Isabella should be epic tomorrow. Today the winds were very intense at 50mph, and very flyable. Flew the Opus to its flutter point. I mean three different sounds. I had the wing ballast in place and i could hear them rattle. But there were other rumblings going on. This is the recent but not the newest MC3. And i dont have the tow in the fuse. Im sure that has something to do with it. I hope to see some fast times tomorrow. It sounds like there will be a few people coming out to Isabella to test the air. It will be very good. 300 mph? I hope to see higher. Yeaah!! It sound like time for custom carbonne. It appears that only custom work has gone to 300mph.
Indubitably is offline Find More Posts by Indubitably
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2007, 04:22 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,007 Posts
BIG congrats to John who went 292 for a new PB!

Tomorrow is going to be big fun, hopefully everyone will get new PB's

It's going to be one FAST day tomorrow.
Mike the Snake is offline Find More Posts by Mike the Snake
Old Jun 06, 2007, 09:43 AM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,050 Posts
Congrats John!!!
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Old Jun 06, 2007, 10:54 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,185 Posts
Dang John!

Nice work. Get 300 today!

Spencer
sll914 is offline Find More Posts by sll914
Old Jun 06, 2007, 05:36 PM
207 mph Foamy
San Jose CA
Joined Apr 2003
502 Posts
Congrats John, you da man

Sounds like they're rippin it up today but noones done 300 yet.

100"s up for round 2 next
Tuffplanes is offline Find More Posts by Tuffplanes
Old Jun 06, 2007, 11:43 PM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,039 Posts
Well finally someone went faster than 300mph at Lake Isabella. Dennis Noland made it look like he flies this kind of speed every day. He went 301 for a personal best, and i believe there was another lap at 300mph. Lake Isabella air didnt disappoint today. We had hoped for 60 plus winds but it was somewhat less. There is more wind and speed for you in the future Dennis, but it was just great watching you fly today. Congratulations!

Vern Anderson also had a great day, with his new PB at 264mph. congratulations Vern. Thank you for teaching me something new with radarring. Im more open to move arround and be open to new locations now.
Indubitably is offline Find More Posts by Indubitably
Last edited by Indubitably; Jun 07, 2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:50 AM
Clear out the SQUABS!
Fremont, CA
Joined May 2003
386 Posts
Indubitably,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was afraid after seeing the realtime windspeeds of today vs yesterday that Dennis and Vern's long trip down would end in a bust, but I guess the hill is so good the deed still got done! Dennis has been going after that 300 mark with vengence, so I'm really stoked that he finially got it.

Vern was really happy that he got into the 260's doing both Left and then Right hand orbits. He said the MC3 could have gone a little faster if it were not for the fluttering.

They should be back home in a couple of hours.

Dan

Congratulation to John on the 292 as well.
danand is offline Find More Posts by danand
Old Jun 07, 2007, 08:00 AM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,208 Posts
Glad to hear it was a great time for all,,wished I could have stayed to fly with you guy's but I'll be out again soon,,,congrats to all with new PB's

Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Old Jun 07, 2007, 11:34 AM
{A life in the wind=~-
Santa Clara, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,081 Posts
I gotta start hanging out with slower dudes - this is really bad for my ego

Seriously - GREAT flying by everyone there. I was so impressed by Mike, and especially John. He flys like a surgeon!

GREAT hill; When I got there, I went walking around on the backside. I thought "There's no way this is gonna work good". The air on the back was going all kindsa ways. - BOY was I wrong - Smooth and powerful.

I went 267 clockwise ('goofy') - fluttered a little, landed - Dropped in 'international' (ccw) and by about 8 laps it hit 267 exactly again and BIG flutter. I think this hill is a LOT faster going CCW. I'm pretty sure the flutter was the whole tail. Punched out.

Mike pulls off a 271 (One short of a PB) on some inCREDibly aggressive lines and brings it home safe.

John (indubitibly) takes his Opus (same layup as mine) to 260's and it starts making the exact same sound as mine, but does he land? NO WAY!!! He's on the GAS, fluttering around and around for about 30 more laps. I'm not sure what the exact speed was... John?

BUT! The BIG story of the day is DENNIS NOLAND - CONGRATS DUDE!!! Now your 300+ is 'legit', and you did it with a V-Tail!!! Way to go Dennis and Mickey (Designer/Builder).

That hill's got more to offer, no question about it. Great crew up there, and awesome scenery. Thanks for letting us rip up your hill guys; it was great hanging out with you!
invictarocks is offline Find More Posts by invictarocks
Old Jun 07, 2007, 04:07 PM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,007 Posts
LOL! Yeah John was really trying to kill that plane, Incredible airplane to take that kind of abuse.
The fluttering on all the planes was a new sound for me, these planes are moving serious amounts of air! I felt the reverberations, it popped my ears!

It was the Best of company, FAST comapny, Dennis, WOW, 301! I'm glad hard work paid off.

Everyone spent a Long Time going over 250.

It is very interesting to note the differences between DS sites. Many sites are 300 plus capable now.

Vern, if clockwise is goofy, CC is International, what would you call how I fly at Goat, aside from Crazy! LOL

Great Day, again, Big congrats to Dennis!
Old Jun 07, 2007, 06:33 PM
{A life in the wind=~-
Santa Clara, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,081 Posts
"Suicide international"
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:20 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,007 Posts
OK! Sounds Good!

So now, the way I fly will be called CSI!

CRAZY SUICIDE INTERNATIONAL.

I'm goin CSI on GR next time it NUKES! LOL
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:49 AM
{A life in the wind=~-
Santa Clara, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,081 Posts
Squeeze it bro!!!
Old Jun 08, 2007, 01:56 AM
{A life in the wind=~-
Santa Clara, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,081 Posts
Just don't drill yourself out there on "The Rock"!!!
Old Jun 08, 2007, 02:19 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,007 Posts
Naw, THAT would be DSI!

Drilling's NOT on the "to do list".