HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2007, 02:03 AM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
Discussion
Flying Air Isabella

Moderate winds were anticipated at Isabella today, and at first arrival it just wasnt there. A little late the wind did arrive, and allowed for some really nice flying. Mike (Mike the Snake) and i were the only ones flying though there were four on the hill. Mike maidened his Blast, and flew also his Big Bird, and M-60. I flew JW, Blast, Blade, MiniJW, and Extreme. Mike owned the day! 195 with the Blast, and 190 with his Big Bird. No videos, some pictures.
Indubitably is offline Find More Posts by Indubitably
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2007, 02:20 AM
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
2,939 Posts
Great to see photos from that area. When I was a kid we used to go windsurfing at Lake Isabella, just about every second weekend.

I remember waiting around for the wind..... and just about every afternoon it would roll in, like clockwork.

How fast did the M60 go?

Eric
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza
Old Mar 26, 2007, 02:41 AM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
I believe the M-60 was well into the 140s, but we flew it earlier before the wind developed. It was very well made. I think mike had 5 layers of tape on it and he may correct me but it weighed about 50-60 oz. Heavy, but flew strong. The weight seemed to help. Mike had carbon fin and aelerons from a 2m Blade on it. Wow, built for big speed! I want one just like it! May have to wait on my Blade, for the empennages.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:11 AM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,167 Posts

Terminator is online now Find More Posts by Terminator
Last edited by Terminator; Mar 25, 2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 11:36 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,001 Posts
Thanks again John, I had a great time.

we will have to do it again soon!
Mike the Snake is offline Find More Posts by Mike the Snake
Old Mar 27, 2007, 09:30 AM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
Awesome John,
how's come you seem to get all the fun when I'm stuck at the hospital on "call"?
Lol!!
Got the van finished. Let's fly
Marlan
marfish is offline Find More Posts by marfish
Old Mar 27, 2007, 09:57 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,001 Posts
Yeah I missed you Marlan!

It was the first thing I asked John, "where's Marlan?"
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:25 AM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
LoL, I'm starting to have D.T's. I may have forgotten how to fly altogether.

Yeah well, we were set to go up yesterday (Tue.), I even got someone to cover for me at the hospital for 4 hrs. since I'm on call, when the boss started giving instructions for the jobs we were going to do after work. "What, O.T. today?"
"Yes, its Tues. "We gotta get this stuff done in time to open the new tower." You signed up for Tue/Thur, right?"
"Umm,,, right. Yes I did sir. Absolutely" (!*@%*$&^@$!&*!)

Lol.

Lotsa lift,
Marlan
Old May 23, 2007, 03:08 AM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
It is too early to tell where the wind will be the best this weekend, but possibly a lot of people will be looking for a DS site after the PSS flying. Weldon was good for 270plus today with 35-45mph winds. It might be fun to find a windy DSable spot. When are the PSS events over?
Old May 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
Isabella is predictably good for tomorrow. Twenty mph posted on Weatherunderground, for most of the day. This really means 30-35mph. Parker, Vincent may be tooo Southerly to work well. any observations for Parker by those frequenting Parker recently? Im looking for some good group DSing.
Old May 27, 2007, 05:03 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,001 Posts
I'm headed out to meet up with you john,

I will call you when I think you'll be on the road to the PSS fest, I plan on being in the Grapevine area around 10:00 ready to go where it is clever.

I'll PM you with my secret decoder ring phone number! LOL
Old May 29, 2007, 12:25 AM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
Good winds today, but they started a little late. Marginal at 10-15mph until 2:30 when they kept building and stayed smooth. When Mike Simon and i left at 6:30, the wind was still smooth, and 30 mph. We simply had flown too much. Still daylight, and we left. Crazy?? No but we had a plane in the air the whole 6 hours we were there, and there was only the two of us, and we had DSd our hearts out. REALLY But ill be ready to fly again tomorrow im sure of it.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:34 AM
RC LIFER
santa rosa California
Joined Aug 2005
2,001 Posts
Great flying today John.

You are a REALLY great pilot.

Weldon is a great site, john is going VERY fast in not much wind, he's got his weldon Game Fine Tuned.

We both put in thousands of laps today,, but all of John's runs were within one mph lap after lap, just DIALED!
Old Jun 03, 2007, 11:59 PM
Just Fly it
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2006
2,012 Posts
Lake Isabella didnt disapoint Keith Seidenstricker today. He has been more than ready to enlist into the 150mph registry, and today he proved it. First with a 157mph, then on his next run he pushed past 160 on several passes to his best so far at 168. When you see his picture, you can tell he had a great day. Winds very clean varying 25-35mph
Old Jun 04, 2007, 03:37 AM
"just one more pass"
Bakersfield, Ca.
Joined Sep 2005
824 Posts
Way to go Keith!!!
I knew it wouldn't be long. And with an opus too. I guess I gotta start protecting my lead over that speed, huh? lol!
Last edited by marfish; Jun 04, 2007 at 09:09 AM.