HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2007, 01:07 AM
Its up... Nope its not
Portland, OR
Joined Jun 2006
563 Posts
Discussion
Arrrggggg. gota wait a week for my trex 600.

It will be a week till I get my rex 600 and I'm going nuts. I cant wait to dive into the build and get it going. Just somthing about that ground pounding as the fat 600 blades lift the heli. (pause, cold shower) Got the new heli itch. Some one slap me please.
Ok on to the happy part, next friday I can (fingers crossed) start building. And then I will master the wend not whimper at it. The question is, anyone know how to stop oregon rain? lol. well forgive my rant but I just had to get it out. I will update when I have box in hand .
raven_darkcloud is offline Find More Posts by raven_darkcloud
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2007, 02:00 AM
Orland, Northern California
Joined Dec 2005
168 Posts
It's ok........... breath deep..... Maybe you can try to cryogenicaly hibernate until next friday You will love this bird.
What gyro are you going to install?
Craig Miles
Gravity Victim is offline Find More Posts by Gravity Victim
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
volts x amps = watts.
Denver
Joined Sep 2006
2,146 Posts
gaaah I hate that! here's my trick... clean the house, change your oil, wash the car, work extra hours, give yourself projects, go to bed early, make bigger dinners, OCCUPY YOUR TIME! that makes it fly by much much faster and eases the pain of waiting in the purgatory of purpetual anxiety...
Wheelhaus is offline Find More Posts by Wheelhaus
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:51 PM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
I know the feeling. Hehe

I remember when I was little and wanted to order hobby parts I filled out an order form and sent it by snail mail to the hobby shop, who then sent me the things I had ordered. It could take weeks.
Lynxman is offline Find More Posts by Lynxman
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
195 Posts
I know how you feel. I'm waiting for Hurricane 550 and its a pain. At least you are not free wrom work for a week, just waiting, thinkig, buying all the goodies for the heli...
Phoinix is offline Find More Posts by Phoinix
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:25 PM
Its up... Nope its not
Portland, OR
Joined Jun 2006
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Victim
It's ok........... breath deep..... Maybe you can try to cryogenicaly hibernate until next friday You will love this bird.
What gyro are you going to install?
Craig Miles
Gona go with the 611. Getting a great deal at my lhs but the kits sold out so waiting for my kit to show up. to list whats going in
600 black cf kit.
ar7000 rx
gona try the servos that came with the dx7 first then if that dont work I'll run 9255's.
gy611 gyro
tpx 4500 packs
stock motor and esc.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
Killeen, TX
Joined Jul 2006
624 Posts
You think a week is bad? Try getting back to civilization and resupply every FOUR MONTHS!!! I ordered an E-Raptor and had to wait from Dec. until March to get to put it together. Now imagine crashing and having to wait up to 4 months to get more parts! Luckily I have a couple of helis to fly until then if I crash one and don't have parts on hand to fix it. One week? Clear off the work bench and start telling everyone not to bother you in exactly 6 days and XX hours cuz you're going to be busy!
AMA Outlaw is offline Find More Posts by AMA Outlaw
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:32 PM
Its up... Nope its not
Portland, OR
Joined Jun 2006
563 Posts
lol. I have ben waiting for the money for 6 months now its just the last week or so is like that week befor xmas. In your situation I'd be in a strait jacket.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:00 PM
PNW, USA
Joined Feb 2007
258 Posts
raven_darkcloud,

Glad to see another Portland'er on here. I am guessing this isn't your first heli? Where do you fly when its dry? I am on my first one, I have a E550 that is ready to go other than UBEC and a motor, which is out of stock...so I can relate to your situation. I just finished getting the wiring cleaned up, looks tidy enough for today.

I've been trying to satisfy my fix between drops with my CX2 in the backyard, but its not cutting it. I really wanna get this big bird spooled up. You buy it at Tammy's or Coyote? I put a Logictech 6100T/G on mine, and I will be flying with a123 cells...so far, it sounds like I will be the one off in the fields around here.
Xipper is offline Find More Posts by Xipper
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:00 AM
Its up... Nope its not
Portland, OR
Joined Jun 2006
563 Posts
Tammies. My home away from home. To answer that question of "first heli" this will be some where around #12 or so. That 550 is a nice stable flyer. Seems to be based on rappy 30 parts. As for where I fly it was just across the streat but arbor has taken over and I need to find a new place now. I also fly at the hoop, its ben hit and miss last cpl weekends (too many sporting events lately). I'm in the beathany area just off 26 close to 185th. I just dieled in my new little rex yesterday (450 s cf) and then replaced the burned up 877 servo for a 9650 cuz of the 6v bec today. I'd like to see the logictech gyro, it sound like a good one with lots of options.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
PNW, USA
Joined Feb 2007
258 Posts
raven_darkcloud,

You aren't the guy with the Fusion I met that had just moved to the Portland area recently from WA are you? I was in Tammies a while ago asking them about heli advice, if it was you we talked for a while. I drove the Prius.

I'm looking forward to getting the 550 airborne, but still no motor. I wanted to be able to run A123 cells, seems easier on the 550/620 than the trex600...since I am selecting parts for the voltage/amperage I expect. Those $400 LiPo cells also scare me, price and otherwise.
Xipper is offline Find More Posts by Xipper