HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
Trader Rating: 47
Discussion
Eflite Transmitter Issue

I need some help here. Most of you have known me and I have traded with you. The problem is that a transmitter that I sold which I never used before is creating problems now. I think the buyer is having second thoughts and he is trying to get the money back. I have not been able to check rcgroups since I was showing that the system was down for maintenance. This is the first time that I just logged in and I get bombarded with a string of pms. In good faith I sold a transmitter to this gentleman and made sure that it was bubble wrapped and packed and sent via priority mail with delivery confirmation. He paid via MO of $22. I am 100% certain that the cracked tube and other peices falling out that he mentions in his pms are bogus. This is just ridiculous. How am I supposed to deal with this. These are a string of pms that I received which I read just now:

[QUOTE]Sent : Mar 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
OK man!.....Now I am really pissed....The antenna is broken and the battery door, It did not happen in transit and it was that way....tube is cracked and pieces stuffed in there but some are missing....Nice try......You are a liar bud.....Please expect this back to you ASAP and I expect my $22 back also.......I will slander the crap out of you on this forum and elsewhere if you do not comply.....Boy I tell you for a lousy $22, May someone do the same to you and worse..................Call me if you are a MAN!
[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sent : Mar 22, 2007, 05:21 PM
Shashi, No reply? There has to be a trader feedback or comments on this site..I don't want to do that but no response from you?.............Anthony
[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sent : Mar 22, 2007, 02:57 PM
Shashi,
I received the transmitter today.......You left out the fact that the battery door was broken? That slipped your mind I guess.......I would not have bought this with a broken battery door for $22, I see you used tape to keep it closed in the past from the adhesive left behind from the tape.......Thanks for nothing! After all that crap with a money order and all to save $2...........Anthony
[QUOTE]

I have absolutely no issue working this out but how do I know whether he is telling the truth. Just for $22.
Shogun is offline Find More Posts by Shogun
Last edited by Shogun; Mar 23, 2007 at 11:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:06 AM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
I just spoke with the gentleman and he basically said that he is sending me back the transmitter in todays mail and to send him back $22. He stated that the antenna was snapped in half. Now I expect it to come in that way . I would never in my wildest dreams try to rip anyone off. I bought this from a fellow member on rcg. I was not told about the battery door but my understanding was that all Eflite transmitter battery doors are loose and when you put the batteries in, the pressure keeps the battery door from falling. I never put any batteries to check this which I guess was my fault. The tape residue was on it when I bought the transmitter. Oh well I guess that taught me a lesson about dealing with new comers.

Some pictures of the Transmitter just before I mailed it out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1219592

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1219594

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1219586

I bought this on Jan. 30, 2007 and it has been sitting on my shelf untouched and unused.
Last edited by Shogun; Mar 23, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:58 AM
Spring, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
1,234 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
If you didn't check the battery door, did you ever extend the antenna? That may be where the problem is. The original seller may have hidden this from you and you passed it on to your buyer. Looks like a quick refund may be in order.
SRush99 is offline Find More Posts by SRush99
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:16 PM
Conservative, RC extreme
Petaluma, Calif.
Joined Nov 2005
171 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
So,,,, who is this potty mouthed looser who sent you these 3 pm's in one day? We would like to know so we don't sell to him!!

Chris
z1nonlyone is offline Find More Posts by z1nonlyone
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
The battery door was loose and had tape residue on it. But the antenna I did extend it. I am not sure what he is talking about the little pieces stuffed in. I have no problems doing a refund. I just want to make sure this is the truth. I will contact the original seller and see what I find. At the same time I want to make sure that we discuss in a professional manner not accuse off the bat.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1nonlyone
So,,,, who is this potty mouthed looser who sent you these 3 pm's in one day? We would like to know so we don't sell to him!!

Chris
Chris,
This is exactly what I want to highlight. Life is way too short for me to try and rip people off. We have lost the knack of communicating in a professional manner. The world has changed so much where we do not respect our fellow human beings. There are ways to address an issue. Give the person sufficient time to respond and respect a human being before trashing him completely off the bat. I mean give a person atleast a day to respond back. This board is not my life. There is so much more work and personal issues that I deal with. I could have gone ballistic on the guy that sold me a transmitter with a loose battery door. I did not. I have had stuff sent to me that was dented or broken. I contact the seller and explain the issue in a proper manner since there are always oversights. I expect some issues with used stuff but if it is totally unuseable, I contact the seller and explain it. Calling people names without knowing them is not my way. Anyway enough of this. I have spent way too much time on this.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 06:41 PM
Victory is mine! BLAST!!!
United States, IN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2006
898 Posts
Trader Rating: 221
Shogun,

We've dealt (haggled ) with each other a couple of times now and I would not hesitate to buy anything off of you. I know we had a minor issue on our first deal and you presented yourself in a very professional manner (unlike how you are being treated now it seems) about it and it was resolved quickly and without any problems whatsoever. I only wish all the buyers/sellers/traders would be as nice as you to deal with.

I feel for you and hope that this issue gets resolved. Your name will not be tarnished here as you are an honest buyer/seller/trader as far as I am concerned.

Randy
jettvolks is offline Find More Posts by jettvolks
Old Mar 23, 2007, 08:23 PM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
Soon as I get the package back, I will inspect it and post some pictures for everyone. Then I will refund back the money. Thanks Randy for the kind words. I am not looking to get rich on these boards. Just want to trade to upgrade or scale down and keep the missus happy. As long as she thinks stuff is moving out I am safe .
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
Joined Feb 2007
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
I will post pics in a little while...I am the new trader that shogun sold the transmitter to: On thing that was left out was I asked if it was in good condition before we ever struck a deal and shogun replied that it was....Now I get the transmitter after no less than 15 PM's from shogun about payment and that paypal I sent was no good due to a slight charge from them and could I send a money order instead, Point being plenty of communication at that point and the battery door does not stay on with or without batteries in....And there is adhesive on the back of the transmitter, left from tape to hold the door on? So I say to myself I guess this seller forgot to mention this? So I send the first PM....Then a little while later I install a crystal in the transmitter to try it and go to raise the antenna and the tube is broken in half.....Not the antenna pulled apart from one of the sections. The last tube of the mast is broken in half and the little retention pieces inside that keep section from extending too far were stuffed back in it to make it appear whole....Maybe shogun never raised it...But now I am being accused of breaking it and backing out of my deal with him? Who can recieve pics to post for me? This is stupid.....I even bought another CP transmitter from another user (lucky Dog Rex) for $32 on this forum just yesterday or the day before to replace this one.......I am sending it back to shogun and he can decide if he wants to send me $22 back, Simply pathetic, I have been visiting these forums for just a month or two and bought items from about 10 people so far and no problem whatsoever untill I met this character........Anthony

Z1nonlyone-Chris- Watch what you say about people you don't know, You may be the looser!
Anthen27 is offline Find More Posts by Anthen27
Last edited by Anthen27; Mar 28, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 06:45 PM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
Anthony,
It was not because of the charge that I asked you to send me the MO. The reason was that my paypal account would get upgraded to Premium and every transaction would get charged a fee. I did not want to take a chance with that.
I was selling this since I bought it as a package deal and I have another Eflite Cp-Pro Transmitter. I bought the package since I wanted the 4-in-1 and did not need an extra transmitter. I basically believed the seller who sold the transmitter to me. I pmed him soon as this issue was raised and he has not replied back. I truly thought that the loose battery door would become tight soon as you put the batteries in. I thought the seller taped the door so it did not fall off during shipping. My whole point was I have 25 good feedbacks and there is a reason for it. The moment you send me pms without waiting for a reply back and start accusing me right off the bat, I get offended. In addition I called you to discuss this amicably and you went off in a tirade and abused me. It is a hobby for crying out loud. You act as if your whole world has been shattered. We can discuss this like human beings and rest assured you will get your money back. Before accusing anyone, please look in the mirror and practice what you preach about calling people names without knowing them. You called me names on the phone and sent me these abusive pms. Not once did I come back and treat you in the same way. It is a misunderstanding whether you choose to believe it or not. My heart and mind are both clear. I don't have anything to hide.
Best Regards.
Last edited by Shogun; Mar 28, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2007
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Shogun, If I verbally abused you on the phone I am sorry....I was mad that you came across as me breaking the antenna so I had a reason to return the transmitter to you.....Anyway I am sorry for having a temper and flying off the handle without a response from you....The transmitter is going in the mail tomorrow see for yourself about the antenna, I would never break it to make an issue that is just wrong.........Anthony
Anthen27 is offline Find More Posts by Anthen27
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:48 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Hello

I was the seller and I did send everything in good working order(as stated in the post). The antenna was straight with no kinks. I was kind of surprised to even get this response after so long and that 3 people are arguing about something and not just 2. The molding was a little off on the batt cover so I just used a bit of tape to hold it still. Other than that minor detail everything worked as I tested it before I sent it out. Hell I even included a free set of batteries and if you check my sale youll see that I literally gave this away to shogun..both for cheaper than the price of a 4 in 1...

Anyways this is a matter between Anthen27 and Shogun because I could have been contacted any time if there was an antenna kink or a complaint about the minor batt cover inperfection. I never recieved a complaint and now I find that he sold it to someone who has a complaint and its my fault....seem a little shady to anyone else but me?

Good luck to you two.

Carlo
PS: I have lots of good feed back on both Runryder and Ezone. And youll find that I make any situation right that may come about. An example is USPS was rough with one of my packages which caused it to open somehow(a surprise to me as it was a USPS box taped) so I refunded the money back to the buyer. The buyer and the entire PO incicent seemed like a scam but I didnt want to deal with it so he got his 30 bucks back and I lost a NIB ESC. Youll find that one on RR.
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:57 PM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
BTW here is my old post.

"Hello All

I have a Blade Tx with 4 in 1 on Ch17 both in good working order. I added 2 extra connector to have access to add a brushless ESC. The 4 in 1 has a deans connector.

Id like 35 shipped for the pair.
Pay Pal only!

Thanks

Carlo"

Both items were in good working order as decribed. If they werent dont you think shogun would have complained a long long time ago if there really was an issue or he wasnt satisfied. He had to look at both items very good at least once to unpack the box. And what he prob did notice is a Tx that worked as decribed and a working 4 in 1 with mods to add a brushless ESC...all for 35 bucks shipped.
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Apr 01, 2007, 12:57 AM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Shogun, is it possible that someone from your family, particularily if you have children could have damaged the antenna? Someone did and all three of you say it isnt you.

Same goes for Anthony if he didnt notice it until later.

Joel
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
Old Apr 01, 2007, 07:09 AM
Joined Jul 2004
325 Posts
I do have a little child but my work area is off-limits to him under lock and key. The shelf that I stored this is high up where he cannot reach. Anyway the seller has answered and I am satisfied with his answer. It is not the working condition that we have been arguing about. It is the cosmetics and the broken antenna. I was aware of the loose battery door but I wanted the seller to confirm the antenna was not cracked or broken.
Now I am just waiting for the transmitter to come back so I can refund the money back and be done with this. As I said before I have definitely learn't my lesson from this experience.

Carlo,
I am not looking for a refund from you. I just wanted you to comment on the condition of the transmitter that you sold me so I have enough evidence to refund back the money to Anthony. And yes this issue is between Anthony and myself and that is the reason I did not name you in this whole story. I wanted to keep this between us via pms. As I explained to you in my pm I was purely looking for your comments as far as the condition of the transmitter.
Last edited by Shogun; Apr 01, 2007 at 07:24 AM.
Closed Thread