SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:42 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Second Night flight with Glow wire

Well I went out for another flight with the glow wire SWIFT. I am starting to get used to it and now feel comfortable with it. I will beflying it this way forafew moore flights before deciding on wether or not to put the glow wire on a different platform.I tell yya there is nothing like seeing a WIng (Or plane) in flight with glow wire on it. I would reeally like to know what other people thinkit is when they see it in the Air. You do not have to go far away and you cannot hear the motor. This thing isBright and you can see it from QUITE a Distance. Welll I will have to keep my ears and eyes open and see if there are any "UFO" sightings. HA!!

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2002, 03:18 AM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,007 Posts
Cool! Wish I could see it in flight.
Xoltri is offline Find More Posts by Xoltri
Old Oct 12, 2002, 04:46 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
I'm sorry I've been missing it! Where have you been flying it, Mal?

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Oct 12, 2002, 06:25 AM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Jul 2002
99 Posts
i like doing night flying as well except i use those little glow sticks u put on fishing rods and u can freeze em so they last a longtime !! i put them on my leading and trailing edge and those little LED lights on the top and bottom (different colours so u can tell which way its up) it werks quite well and when its going flat out in a dive its a green and blue Blurr it looks so cool!
Da Flying Man is offline Find More Posts by Da Flying Man
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:45 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Martin

I havebeen just going out across the street. I only really have the one pack as the other 1700 pack is folded in half so all the weight is compacted . I am thinking of pulling it apartand seeing ifi can "Stretch" it out to 4 long instead of the 2 it is now. AnywaysMaybe tonight we can get together. I would actually liketo get some stick time before that. I will call you this afternoon.

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old May 03, 2004, 08:37 PM
Roswell, GA 30075 USA
Joined Jun 2001
71 Posts
Take a look at my night flying rig from this weekend. Middle one is a long exposure taken by Jerry Smith of RCM of me doing tick-tocks.

Also, go here for more pics of my night rigs...

www.MadManRC.com
MadMan is offline Find More Posts by MadMan
Last edited by MadMan; May 03, 2004 at 08:45 PM.