SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:06 AM
Seattle, Washington
Joined Sep 2002
759 Posts
One R4P GWS Reciever Glitching and another Not

I have 2 different planes and 2 R4P GWS receivers (one in each). One of them glitches like crazy and the other is rock solid. Both have the "Azarr" 72-U (something like that) on it. When I swap the receiver between the planes, the glitching follows the receiver. I swapped the crystals and the glitching doesn't follow the crystal but remains on the same receiver. So I know it's the receiver. Why is one of the receivers glitching a lot and the other not? I don't get it, if it's interference, wouldn't both be glitching when I fly around the same area? Could I have a defective receiver? Thanks.
Manchild is offline Find More Posts by Manchild
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:35 AM
York Electronics
Dallas Tx USA
Joined Apr 1999
2,505 Posts
Sounds like a bad receiver.

I'd say it's now a paper weight, but it's too light.
Gary Warner is offline Find More Posts by Gary Warner
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:38 AM
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2001
743 Posts
Most likely that is your case, do a search here on the Zone, many threads have been started over this very problem. Some times with the problem being solved, like the antenna shorting out on pin at the base.
Good Luck
Philip
fill is offline Find More Posts by fill
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:47 AM
Cary, NC
Joined Jan 2002
334 Posts
Fill is right, check where the antenna wire is soldered to the receiver. It is likely that the antenna wire is touching another component.

Also, remove the Azarr antenna and put the regular antenna to find out if the glitching goes away. Or swap Azarr antennas and find out if the glitching follows the antenna or the Rx.

Good luck,

Flying Cat
Flying Cat is offline Find More Posts by Flying Cat
Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:19 PM
Seattle, Washington
Joined Sep 2002
759 Posts
Yeah, I've switched the Antenna.... so I guess I have a bad receiver. I'll check the connections on the antenna on the receiver. Thanks....
Manchild is offline Find More Posts by Manchild